1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I don't see any reason to adjust ratings to allow for more contacts in some servers then others, people simply choose where they want to race and it should be the same for all. Last thing we need is more crappy drivers getting into AB then already do because they get away with more crap on another server, you can still easily race in most servers with minimal contact but if its not possible at all as people will just rear end you at every opportunity and you decide to stay then its nobody's fault but yours.

2. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

It's not about allowing more contacts but weighting them depending of the race / session in total. This also includes a total calculation after a session, so there's no pre-race guarantee for a free gang-bang on server x. ;)
    Maybe there are some statistical tendencies regarding a crash ratio per server, but generelly speaking you don't know much about your opponents' behaviour until the session is over (sometimes T1 is enough tho :rolleyes:) – this is where I'm pointing at.

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think I need to use a cape while browsing this forum now. :) Have never been called a hero before.

sherpa25 and Schnipp like this.
  4. aotto1977

Also, this opens other opportunities.
    1. With a whole session taken into consideration, the distribution of contacts comes into account. Example: A player who has 12 car to car contacts within seconds is more likely to be a participant or victim of a pileup, whereas another player with 1 contact (with changing opponents) every minute or such is more likely a wrecker deliberately crashing into others.
    2. A possible after-race recalculation of the CP that occured during the race should reward players that race till the end instead of crashing and quitting (with their full CP amount).

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There already is a system in MR that takes note of mass accidents I think and wont count multiple cp in a very short period, choosing servers by MR limits is a pretty good indicator of the expected driving standards inside. After all that is the main and only real purpose of rating drivers or the system itself, its not there to boost ego's of someone saying they are A grade. It gives people an option to chose servers where only better drivers are allowed in and not have to race with those already identified by MR as being pretty poor in traffic. You can still chose to join any server but by seeing grade limits and especially if a server is busy it will give a good idea of what is to be expected.

If someone is A or B grade and then choses to join any rating allowed MR servers they are getting zero benefit from the system, nobody in that server cares that someone is A grade or D grade. The server auth limits simply indicate how good or bad people need to be in traffic to get in. People then join those servers because they are busy and want to find ways to avoid having crashes counting towards their rating with all those that MR has already identified as poor in traffic. These guys are free to join the server but if you choose one they cant get into then they are no longer a problem and you get a benefit of a better MR.

If you find it very easy to stay A grade then why would you want to race with people that cant even get into C grade and then why would you be surprised if in a server that allows all but W grade will have people that cant make it around t1. Sure AB also isn't a guarantee and mostly as I think B is too soft and we aren't allowed A only servers, if AB is the best we can get and still at times isn't great why would people with the higher rating want to use an MR server allowing everyone. :rolleyes:

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Those are good points, but Marty is right. Both are taken care of, not in the most visible way though.
    There is a pretty good mass accident detection, where only the two starters of a mass accident will have their 1 CP. Mass accidents are like snowball systems, so it's quite possible that you are hit seconds later - MR won't charge you then.

Your 2nd point is also built-in. If you score 5 CP in the first laps and leave, you'll have way worse stats for this session compared to 6 CP for a finished session. I don't see value in double-dipping the finish.
    But yes it's a point, especially Ws tend not to finish their race (but also do not remotely drive the same distance compared to real drivers).

7. aotto1977

Seems I got a bit distracted by the whole session idea, so I forgot a solution is already there. :rolleyes:
    Sorry, guys!

Minolin likes this.
  8. Minolin

List is becoming comprehensive now, I think this is a well rounded start. RBR + Magione to go.
    Also noticed that the plugin has a weird problem which completely disconnects everything. Glad to find this before everybody is updating, but also: meh wth is that now.

baboon, aotto1977, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

One 'Bundesverdienstkreuz' for Minolin. :)

Really amazing what you achieved with MR and now this. Thank you so much for this.

baboon, aotto1977, GTHQ_koop and 3 others like this.
  10. Minolin

With 93.2% confidence I found and solved the problem. That would mean we have a plugin to deploy.
    I blindely configured Monza again, it would be nice if some of you could have a few laps/races there. Please watch out for both: Does the plugin stay alive all the time & are the defintions working as intended so we can go to the "livetest" environment?

11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Trying to realize what is this new thing. Any info?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

12. Minolin

3 (lifetime) warnings, then CP for crossing the pit exit line when coming from the pits.
    CP is currently disabled for testing purposes (but you get the real message), at least 1 CP and up to 4 when cars are around.

3 (lifetime) warnings, then CP for cutting. Tried to be defensive here so you won't always be penalized correctly for deliberate cuts, but almost never for accidential ones.
    Same as #1; message = yes, CP = no during testing. CP can go pretty high (6+) dependent on corner, advantage gained and execution.

aotto1977, chksix, liakjim and 2 others like this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Will we get CP for cutting after race? I can't recall if the get CP for crash after race still happens...

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Two days ago I still got CP after finish.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I remember Minolin said it was in the new MR plugin so server would need to be running something after 2.2 which I dont thinky others are yet beyond Minolins test server.

16. Minolin

Mh yes, didn't recently look into that one. But good that you remind me, if this is really working as intended we can also use it for cuts. It's just a matter of knowing if the race ended for a driver

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Minolin, does MR track steam account or AC profile?
    So, when I have a guest driving my rig, can I login with another AC profile, so he doesn't screw up my rating?

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Steam GUID.

Minolin likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Is MR a bit slow today?
    Was on Berniyh's Nords Trackday server, and my Heliocorsa showed no colours, only white bars.
    The MR profile was updated though.

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The colors do show up for me.

Have to say though that I'm surprised by how many N drivers do join the server.

btw, would it be possible for stracker to log the MR grade for each driver (or rather the MR grade of the driver when he was last seen on the server)?
    Does it have access to that info?