1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Lag wasn't the problem in that case, but it was a very subtle contact (single digit km/h).

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

It was, but other than you think.

sTracker (to my knowledge) will forward any collision-event from the acServer. Those include mass accidents (which are filtered by MR) and single-reality accidents. There are cases where one client has a contact, but the other client (departed by some latency and movement prediction) does not. This typically happens with single-digit speeds, as anything with significant impact tends to be noticed on both ends.

MR wants/needs 2 contact event for each incident, or it won't process it. So it's possible that lag (=latency) prevents MR to score CP although you don't feel a laggy situation.

Berniyh likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont know what you have done to the plugin but I was in a t1 accident on Monza yesterday (you know the regular Monza-heroes that use your rear as a brake), and didnt get a single penalty for it. Was in a couple of contacts with people that drove unpredictable and didnt get any penalty for that neither as far as i can see. This was usually the case previously if i remember correctly? I did however get 1 hitpoint and I believe that was in the race where I actually wrote sorry in the chat so i felt that was totally on my end.

4. Minolin

Can some of the guys with dedicated (=non-hosted) servers try the 2.4 beta plugin (attached) for a while?
    I can't reproduce my problems now, so this might be the live version.

All the others can help by test-driving the currently open server "plugin test lab 2.3" at Imola.

=> Now it depends on you if and how fast you see the cut and pit exit penalties comming :)

Attached Files:

Rolz and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I was on your server like 2h ago, cut detection didn't work then. Just in case you didn't change anything since then.

6. Minolin

Totally strange, when I entered probably short after it worked straight away. But it wasn't the latest version though

7. Minolin

btw it's better to test against the pit exit line. First /mr, then pit exit line.
    If it still doesn't work you could try to vote for the next session and try again. Any fact will help me to detect a reproducable pattern.

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I was on it as the server still hosted Monza.

Just been there again, pit exit and cut detection worked.

Only the session didn't start for some reason (qualifying - not started), vote for next session and I could drive. Might just be some other issue/glitch, maybe not even MR related.

Biner likes this.
  9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Just left the server.
    Typed in "/mr" after joining, got only "you are not admin on this server".
    Skipped Q without any issues, "/mr" worked this time.
    Out of pits straight to the racing line, got the warning.
    Was going on the grass on the left side towards Tosa, no warning.
    Cut the chicane with full throttle, got warning.
    Driving into pits to cut the line again, this time on exit, got warning.

Tested few other corners and collected some CP (7,8 to be exact), so I guess everything works. Warnings for cutting pit lane, corners, then CP for cutting.
    You have to really want to take the advantage by cutting to get the penalty, it's no as strict as touching the grass with all wheels will get you CP. So if you run wide at moderate speed with no throttle you won't get the same penalty as the idiot who's going flat out, cutting the corner completely. That's good.
    At least that's how I see it after 2 or 3 laps.

Let me know if you need the replay.

Minolin, Schnipp, Biner and 1 other person like this.
  10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Seems to work fine so far. Only at Variante Villeneuve (first left-hander), I think you can still cut too much.
    I went through there with all 4 wheels on the grass and didn't get the cut message.

Otherwise, seems fine.

Edit: are the warnings per session, per server or cross-server?

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Lifetime warnings, after that you get CP each time:

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

13. Minolin

nope, I won't discuss this (currently). As V8 said it's not as restrictive as any other cutting system you know. It should not replace the other approaches, but add significant and permanent penalty to the blalant and deliberate cuts. I mean you can still blast through some corners/chicanes and gain time by obeying the Kunos penalty system - you wouldn't be long around MR.

The (lifetime) warnings are a fair way to tell people "hey, MR is watching now. Please stop it". You won't score lots of points during the next few months when you are a fair driver.
    At least that's the plan.

Ace Pumpkin and Schnipp like this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Thx, Minolin!
    Thx

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not worried about myself. Just a bit sceptical about the "get 3 warnings in your life, ever" thing.
    I think that will raise a big discussion at some point. Just to warn you. ;)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Some warning from above....

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

From the challenge above,
    Get the **** off me, don't use me! Get lost!

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ah, before I forget it: could you take another thing into account that should be easy to detect:
    drivers driving in the wrong direction.

I think I brought it up in regard to the Transfagarasan (or whatever the proper name is), but this one is more about race tracks in general.
    Fortunately, it doesn't happen very often, but sometimes there is a lunatic thinking that it would be a good idea to drive around the track in the wrong direction.

AC does punsih this, but not if your car is facing the right direction (meaning you're running gear R).
    In that case you can reverse and by that you can crash others.

Of course a short distance should be allowed, but anything longer than ~20-30m is likely somebody doing something wrong.

Rolz and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Sorry to change the topic from the latest (nice) additions, but as I'm currently sitting in pits on NS BTG and not moving from there for around 20mins I just read CP report in chat. Haven't seen one since Minolin did the workaround for inconsistent ghosting from KS, so I guess some bug has slipped in? I can't really say if I got hit because I was on another driver's onboard cam.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

On Berniyh's GHT server,I needed to kick one guy yesterday, taking blow out circles inthe pits for it.
    And no one understood why...