1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Show off your rig thread (console edition)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Sigurd615, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Odbball

Odbball Racer

If I still smoked I'd now be lying back blowing smoke rings, revelling in the last 45 minutes. What an experience.

Will wait until the update before I cut the boards for permanent position, as we can move cockpit seat position I believe in the new world?.....

Pip_-72- and BrainsBush like this.
  2. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

Helmet cam 90°FOV.

olevet, barkx_, paul_wev and 2 others like this.
  3. Odbball

Odbball Racer

What system you on pip with helmet cam?

lol edited as I just got what I'm watching!!

Have you fed your measurements into any fov calculator, cos that does look incredible, obvs I can't get fov 90 yet as on Xbox

Luisandro and Pip_-72- like this.
  4. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

HaHa!!! The camera is attached to my real life face (via bike helmet and cable ties).

5. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Finished the new screen. A slight bend in it, may make further adjustments to warp it round me a bit more.

Loving it, just waiting for that update now.

Attached Files:

olevet, paul_wev, IllestD and 2 others like this.
  6. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Also your setup looks great and with the screen driving AC is more realistic/immersive vs projecting on the wall (like I do). I have a feeling a new 'project' coming up here at home.

Pip_-72- likes this.
  7. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

Nice work. Welcome to the 1:1 club. You are going to love the new FOV options in the update. Hopefully more tweaking options are added later.
    In the meantime, other driving games which you may have in your collection have some impressive fov options.
    More pics please.

8. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Pip - I think I have the correct fov setting at 60.

72inch diameter screen, eyes 75 cm from screen give fov of 62.

Where have you gotten your fov of 90 from? Is it "correct" or preference?

When I first started using the projector with pcars I thought "I must need the widest view possible as surely no one can be playing on a bigger screen than me" so set the fov to maximum.
    Then I started reading about fov and realised it is about screen size distance
    from screen, and then preference.

As I see it we have virtually the same set up yet we have very different fov settings - me 60, you 90.

That's a big difference - I'm interested to know how you arrived at 90?

What ever the fov it is f'ing awesome!

9. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

Things to consider... (Disclaimer ... I know nothing)
    Assetto Corsa uses Vertical fov, Project cars uses horizontal FOV.
    I'm also almost sure that keystone adjustments affect the maths somewhere. Using a VFov calculation my ideal comes up as 77°. If you look at the first video I posted this is 77°. IMO the wheel looks too small for the dashboard when compared to real life pics of a f458gt2... At 90° (2nd video) IMO it looks just about spot on.
    Ill give you the exact distance I sit from the screen when I get home but I've a feeling it's a bit closer than you.
    Bear in mind I'm using the dash cam which has a completely different pov than the cockpit cam (more so since the update).
    I guarantee when the update drops for the Xbox you are gonna be creaming.

Edit... Just to add, on project cars my fov is 106°.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  10. Odbball

Odbball Racer

I use the cockpit cam as the dashboard cam doesn't feel right.

I await the update.
    I may give pcars a go just to play with the fov.

Shame we can't drive together with only SFov drivers allowed!

Pip_-72- likes this.
  11. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

Some tips for Project cars (please Kunos don't be pissed with me, just helping a brother out)
    Remove the on screen wheel and hands.
    Assign the seat movement buttons to your wheel (very useful)
    Remove any camera movement in the options.(G force effect, camera shake etc)
    Under the option "world movement" change this to 100%.
    Hope this is beneficial, took me a lot of fiddling to get it 'just right' YMMV.
    We'll never be able to race together, Xbox boy! But I hope to challenge you with some lap times, maybe.

Odbball likes this.
  12. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Also helpful for me :)

You are familiar with the Weekly Hotlap Challenges on this forum hosted by GravelTrap? Nice community and friendly competition. Each week another track/car combo. Open for PC, PS4 and Xbox --> https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...hotlap-33-cannonball.45666/page-2#post-886325

13. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

@Oddball ... I'm so sorry, iv been giving you the wrong measurements. My screen is 59inches wide. It is 71inch diagonal. My mistake. My eyes are 27inches from the screen.

Another project cars tip...
    The cockpit cam and the helmet cam give the same view (different movements, but same view) so... Set one with a low fov, set the other with a high fov. Compare each as you are sat in the car, go back to the options and move the numbers closer together, compare, repeat, compare, repeat until it feels just right.

@BrainsBush... I've had a go at the hotlap challenge but have yet to post. I was planning on doing a helmet cam video for the next challenge if it's a combo I can get on with.
    It's cool that multi platforms can compete.

Odbball and BrainsBush like this.
  14. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Pip - our measurements are very similar.
    I look forward to trying various fov's when we get the update - I can not face pcars!

Pip_-72- likes this.
  15. Odbball

Odbball Racer

It was annoying me, I had to make the adjustment of moving the boards/screen infront of the wheel housing so directly behind the wheel.

That 2 inches is important!

Pip_-72- likes this.
  16. Matrioska70

Matrioska70 Rookie

Do you have space problems? Soon on Kickstarter [​IMG]

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

17. AndyB16

AndyB16 Simracer

Genius.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

paul_wev likes this.
  18. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

Has anyone fitted a set of inverted T3PA pedals to a playseat evolution (fixed angle pledal plate). The pedal plate is too narrow and at too steep an angle for me. I'm thinking of losing the pedal plate and making something that I can move the pedals for clutch or paddle shift . Has anyone else done something similar or modified the foot plate? Photos please

19. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

Hung my TV with chain and got a few inches away to get a 1:1 feel and I must say it has made a world of a difference 20170717_183722.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    olevet, StyleF1re, IllestD and 2 others like this.
  20. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Sorry mate, which seat did you buy?
    ...also...how you reinforced the wheel stand?
    I am talking about lateral bars...

paul_wev likes this.