1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Because road and classic car votes were spread on numerous cars, all were good choices, while F1 votes very just focused on the 2017 car.

Stephen Driscoll, ALB123 and xystof like this.
  2. Turk

Turk Alien

I like when they make cars specifically for racing and then release road versions, that's where some of our best cars come from. /Drive have a video up about the Nissan GTRs history and he points out that older cars had real racing pedigree. Now they just set a fast lap at the nurburgring instead of racing.

The fact the Ford GT was made to win Le Mans, it almost wins Le Mans, and now it puts its racing pedigree on the road. It's the real deal and the Nurburg lapers are just for show.

3. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

With BOP makes not sense something like racing pedigree.

The road cars now are more powerfull than race cars. On past was on the contrary way.

BOP just nerfed every car to make them all closer. There is no merit on enginering to win a race on GT racing today. Look to the Ford GT, they cheated the BOP last year. Now, they didnt have any chance to win the Le Mans race. But I have sure that a Corvette or Aston Martin road car dont have any change against the new Ford GT road car. It is a higher level road car, and on GT races it is on the same level.

LChaves likes this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I think it looks good. Sure it's a bit of a boat but it'll be quick regardless - similar to the Bentley Continental and Nissan GT-R. Doesn't GTE also have some size restrictions, wheelbase, how far back the wing can be, etc.? It can't be that much bigger than others in the class.

[​IMG]

Looking forward the M6 GT3 for AC though.

Ernie and AlleyViper like this.
  5. Berry

Berry Alien

It looks better from that angle, and I suppose you are right that it has to meet regulation, but it just looks so bulky.Comparing it with a Huracan or a 488 is quite weird.

6. RufGTI

RufGTI Simracer

It would be interesting to see its back.

7. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

:D

Tim Meuris, liakjim, St3fan and 3 others like this.
  8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

It races quite a bit, and has been for several years.

[​IMG]

It did win Le Mans.

http://performance.ford.com/series/ford-gt/news/articles/2016/06/ford-wins-le-mans--.html

Epistolarius likes this.
  9. Those "camouflage" paint jobs are laughable. If you don't want anyone to see your curves, then don't flash them in public.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

But I don't think it was made to race?

Heres the video, I'll let him explain himself.

Basically I think if the sports car was specifically made to race and then they make it into a road car, it's automatically a cooler car that one that's made to fit a market and then adapted into a race car.

I looked at this years results, I was going to say they won Le Mans but searched first and got this years results.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

GT-R NISMO GT3 and GT-R NISMO GT500... does that ring a bell? Their base platforms like the GT-R may be showing their age but Nissan Motorsport is as invested in motorsport as ever (at the very least as engine supplier).

No GT-R/Skyline was solely made to race. They were all road cars, back from the old Prince Skyline to the modern GT-R.

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Sorry, I thought you were saying it doesn't race at all.

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Because it'll forever be regarded as being not as sexy as the F40.

Ace Pumpkin and Berniyh like this.
  14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

250 GTO -> 288 GTO -> F40 -> F50 -> Enzo -> LaFerrari

Steady decline in beauty. :(

arthur666 likes this.
  15. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

It's not marketing, those are Gran Touring cars, 2 doors and 4 seats, front engine configuration. Bentley, M6, M8, gtr, amg GT3, Corvette are true GT cars, any other car in the class is result of looser use of the achronym in favor of a bigger hoster..

BrandonW77 likes this.
  16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No, they just do it for fun ... o_O:rolleyes:

fbiehne likes this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

There is no exact definition of "grand touring" and it definitely doesn't just include four-seaters (in original sense it'd rather be a two seater coupe...) and front engine cars. The purpose of the road car as comfortable yet sporty long range tourer is much more important. Not to mention these modern "front-engine" race cars are technically mid-engined.

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Road cars are generally getting uglier anyway - certainly the mass market road cars.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I'm sure we can all agree that the pinnacle of Skyline was the R30 Iron Mask.

20. Berry

Berry Alien

I disagree, I think there's still a few stunners out there :D. (would love to see the full IMSA roster in AC btw)
    [​IMG]