1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

Amen, brother :cool:;)

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I wish I wasn't casual gamer, oh dreams... :D

AC is just like any other Sim I was playing before... it is always more like a hobby than a game (of course game can be a hobby lol). But it is not as blood sucking as MMORPGs for example, which sucks the life out of you. You can always quit playing sim, for a week or two and it doesn't mean that love is over. It is not unusual to get occupied by something else and quit simracing for a few days, or weeks. For me AC is quite a big thing, because I've got involved with a modding.

Regarding this being turn left and right thing, and only being "on the wave" when new content and patch are being released... Thats how it is.... a lot of people are doomed to be just waiters, takers and then leavers and finaly repeaters. They constantly wait for something new, gets the hype, then finally they take try try try, then get bored like little children gets bored of new toys (usually they suck at driving), drops the toy, and repeats the process, because waiting and then taking is the whole thing for them.

Then there are a couple of enthusiasts who keeps studying the cars and tracks, the sim posibilities, and race at Streetfight, ALOOG, Multiclass or Racing Legends servers at evenings :D

The rest is the rest. Sorry haha

3. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

I see two Laguna Seca mods on Racedepartment, one is an old conversion, no idea how it is. But the other one is apparently scratch-made and it's pretty decent to me.

Edit: Nvm, wasn't aware there was a new one released, which is based on that old conversion.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  4. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

I'm deffo guilty of looking forward to new stuff like DLCs, or any new things I want.

We're probably all a bit materialistic and biased towards novelty to a greater or lesser extent.

One way to combat that is do what Buddhists do. Look at the emotion or the feeling, don't become it or identify with it. If you're feeling angry for instance, don't *be* angry, try and look at the anger and ask youself why it's there. Why are we so materialistic and focused on new exciting things rather than mastering and enjoying the things we have already? (One reason, it's easier, mastering something is difficult and can be frustrating, and the gains or improvements become smaller over time.)

I'm glad RSR Live Timing exists. I spent ages trying to get better times on Trento and the Nords with lots of different cars and didn't learn any other tracks. That was fun.

Now I've switched to doing the McLaren GT3 competition. Same car, but lots of new tracks to learn. I'm currently 7th overall after about a week of trying (learn a different track every evening for an hour or so). I'm considering myself the British champion as I'm the highest placed Brit :)

I could continue to try and shave more time off each track and try and move up the rankings, or I might switch the all round competition as it includes different cars.

There's loads of stuff in the game I'm yet to try also, like the championship stuff and proper online racing. I've hardly scratched the surface really, yet I still want new DLCs :)

One reason I like hotlapping is that it's like a musical performance. First you have to learn the piece and make lots of mistakes and it all seems a bit confusing.

After a while you learn what to do and when to do it, then it becomes a matter of doing it well, and getting over or around tricky bits.

You also start to question whether you couldn't approach a certain section differently, maybe try a later apex, or use more kerb, or in music try a different fingering or hand position etc.

This may involve some research (YouTube in-car footage of a track, or video of someone professional playing the piece you're learning).

In music and hotlapping you have to concentrate and think ahead, and if you make a small mistake, forget about it and carry on. A bigger mistake might mean starting again. This can be frustrating but you have to carry on.

Anyway, long post, sorry. DLCs are great but there's a whole world of stuff to do just with one car and one track, or one guitar and one piece of music.

5. Just a note, maybe no one cares but...
    July 21st 1987 in Maranello Civic Center (now site of Ferrari Gallery) the F40 was publicly presented, opening the "supercar season" that still endures. 30 years ago, today.
    Happy birthday, wild beast.

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk 6

6. Think I will take the F40 for a lap of the Ring, might help get my mind off the incoming SOON™ 250 GTO.

arthur666 likes this.
  7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Exactly.

I also don't get the people that always want change and the new shiny stuff. Those that do now run for pCars2 and then say nobody will need AMS/rFactor/AC anymore …
    I like AC because this special feel of the cars, (almost) everything feels so right, so natural.
    Each car (well minus GT3s :p) has its own characteristics it's so much more than just a bunch of things on four wheels with different looks like it was in many many games before.
    There are cars in AC that I will never get bored of, because they are so much fun to drive. Namely the 911 3.0 RSR, the 917/30, the 917K and many others.

Like you, I do sometimes just stop racing for a few days, sometimes for 1-2 weeks (although it's harder to do that when you're running servers, I have to admit :(), but I'll always come back.

Tim Meuris, Fat Rich, Berry and 2 others like this.
  8. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

I've lost the hope that we'll get any new stuff from Lotus... nor the older one.

To be honest I think that we are going to the end of AC development. I see Ferrari pack as one of the last DLCs, there will be one more probably with Laguna Seca and cars, but I would be surpried if there will be something after it. There is no new announced content that could be put into more that 1 DLC, nor any new announcements about new licenses of both cars or tracks.

9. Berry

Berry Alien

@xystof: You might be right sadly, but didn't Marco say that they still have another manufacturer to unveil? :p

10. Maybe the manufacturer that we all thought was going to be revealed at the start of the year would prefer to be the "launch customer" (so to speak) for AC2?

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

So we get a huge bunch of Skodas in the base game of AC2? :D

Actually, I think it was either Bentley or Jaguar as that would fit the "maybe more" of the original British Pack.
    Bentley would make sense due to that Twitter-flirt some time ago.

12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It's been over 2 1/2 years since v1.0 release of AC and look how much AC has improved since then!
    Even if AC is near it's end of development, it's still a great game and AC2 (or what the name is going to be) will probably be a much improved or new core engine that gets rid of the limitations the current game has.

It would be nice to have more detailed racing rules and such stuff, like DRS rules, manual speed in and entering pits, mandatory tyre change in pit stops, force different tyre compound, min. pit time entry to exit.
    But also a spectator mode, more admin features/controls (i.e. send driver to pits and lock his controls instead of kicking him or having a real warning system for bad behaviour).

Stephen Driscoll likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

a way to record a player and share the clip with admins even on other servers with some kind of ID, so they can ban him if they look at the clip and dont want that kind of driver in their "home" is a top wanted feature from me. :)

and i almost forgot - night, rain and a f50.

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

And replay function in MP would be awesome for admins (well everybody to check incidents).
    Now I have to exit the server, load the replay, search the right moment, watch what happened and then rejoin the server, while it's not uncommon that your car has been taken by another driver in the meantime or worse, the server is full and you miss the next race.

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I wouldn't rule out that the next project isn't AC2, could be something different.
    Also in that case I would also not rule out that AC will still continue to be updated. Would depend on the focus of each development stage of the new project.
    It might be that some people could be kept working on AC for a while despite the small size of the team.

16. Berry

Berry Alien

Please be an open-world racing game. :oops:

Tim Meuris likes this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That would be one of the "something different" possibilities.
    But I'm not sure if Stefano would like that because he would need to create dumbed down physics for traffic cars. :D

Berry likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Why would Digital Bros buy Kunos and Assetto Corsa just to make something completely different when AC(1) have a very good and popular base to build from? I dont see anything else than AC2.

Xez, AC_RAF and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. Berry

Berry Alien

@kofotsjanne: If you can't see anything other than AC2 I would say you should visit a doctor, that's not okey.

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Who said anything about something completely different? :p