1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Can you explain why you don't agree with every single point?
    For me it was really not a bad review Most things are plausible....

2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I didn't agree with Simracing Paddock on his Dirt4 review (mainly what he says about physics, at 1:30). He doesn't mention the physics flaws at pros/cons (8:45) and praises the physics without a negative word

Later he seems to regret

At 2:39 he starts to talk about physics, totally changing tone from positive to negative... Dunno, if the chance to get early access/other privileges from Codies affected his judgment in the first one (cos he's new in youtube reviews), or what other simmers later said affected on the second one. Or maybe he just did a rushed review, to get it out quickly. But imo it doesn't take an expert or lot of testing to notice D4 handling is off..

Imo fairly easy to review AC now, when it has established/strong position on the sim racing community. Not that the review was bad

And I do agree that AC requiring all DLCs to play multiplayer is a bit crap, when console versions don't have this restriction. But I guess it has something to do with piracy (?) and how on PC it would be easier to open the content without paying for it

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Problem with reviews, treat them like first impressions. These are like your fpses or rpg games where you can get a good sense of what its like in 10 hours. Its very common to see sim racers having thousands or hundreds of hours into something and thats the issue, you cant talk about that in a review where you have only had probably a max of 30 hours to play it(in most cases, things like pcars 2 are an exception to this). Its hard to determine the longevity of a game like this at first so its nice when you see a revised review of sorts later on

Tim Meuris and Rosko like this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Very true. But Steam 2h test was enough for me to know Dirt4 physics are off. Maybe I just happened to pick the cars, where it showed it's worst (went instantly for historic RWD stuff)

Akbalder likes this.
  5. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Sometimes I wish I would have done the same thing.
    But my son (4 yrs old) likes the Dirtfish area very much. Physics seem to work here better (in RWD cars) than on the stages themselves.
    Only Codemasters know why!?

BTW: This thread is being off-topic once again. :)
    (And I'm sorry for being OT, too.)

After_Midnight and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

That can (kind of) be changed. :)

#nomercyforpassenger

AurusCE, aphidgod, Rosko and 4 others like this.
  7. RufGTI

RufGTI Simracer

After yesterday RaceRoom announced they would announce something special today they just confirmed that R3E gets Porsche cars (of course not the 919). It's quite interesting how we moved from the extremely surprising Assetto Corsa Porsche announcement to 'Everbody gets Porsche' within ten months.

DaveS78 likes this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

No its not :D

It was really amazing that they chose AC to be first, and brought so many cars. But it was never expected that it will be limited to AC.

Ace Pumpkin, aphidgod and Mogster like this.
  9. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

Ferrari Event at Paul Ricard
    [​IMG]

LChaves, RufGTI, Quffy and 3 others like this.
  10. SunBro

SunBro Alien

https://steamdb.info/app/244210/history/

I find it amazing that kunos still keeps updating core/old dlc content physics or sounds or whatever. I keep a keen eye on the bug forums and there isn't any game breaking issues / broken content left in this game. Depending on your point of view there might be missing things but nothing that's in the game is broken yet they still keep updating them. Amazing support. Just amazing.

Although i wonder... they've done seven beta updates in just one month and it's not just ferrari dlc beta testing... Old/core content is being updated too. I wonder what's brewing....

11. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

it could be a lot of background optimisation and bug fixing. Dunno if the Ferrari pack requires any core changes but I don't really expect any. Also wondering what the track modellers are doing for the time period now that Laguna Seca has been delayed

12. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Delayed? I'm assuming you talk about it being delayed in the past because i think @Si3v is working on seca as we speak. But, i'd too like to know what he used to do before they finally got the laguna seca laser scan data. That man simply cannot sit on his buttocks all day long. He must have done something. We'll see :D

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Of course he can - for example live. You can not simply work all the time, even if you do what you love.

I speculate that it is engine stalling, and overheating coming :D Would be neat.

IgnacioKotas likes this.
  14. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Combine it with a good pack of startup sounds and I wouldn't see daylight for days. Just loading up all the cars and starting/stopping them. Maybe some driving inbetween.

But I wouldn't really expect that, considering the research for stall speeds and startup sounds, etc for cars that have been in gamefor so long.

15. I think now they started to live a bit more, everyone but @6S.Manu hehe, I think the team at Kunos is more relaxed now other than beta testing the new content etc. If so, good for them, they really deserve it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

TTM and SunBro like this.
  16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Hello Michele,

now here on vacation, far away from my wheel, i miss ac after 24h, but i like to enjoy the nature - birds, the sea ... etc. :p
    Maybe its because i am new to simracing and have only raced for ~ 6months. But i can race a lot atm - its a very nice situation in my life now (>700h at steam, dunno how much background, but think 2-3h a day is realistic). :cool:
    For me it is still fun to start a car, hear the sound and do some laps somewhere. :):)
    Some days i only fool around. Some days i try hard at whc, or career, or special events.
    Boring? Yss. That happens. But not so often. Some days ago i tried longford in old porsches. Only hotlapping. If i had no family and job i would have done this endless. :p
    So i must quit after some hours, it was one o'clock in the morning. 5 hours to sleep. And i dont see a light at the end of the tunnel ;)

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Realistically speaking, what might be next "project" of Kunos in remaining AC updates? Aside cars and tracks.

- Brake temps for more cars?
    - Oil temps?
    - More complete/realistic racing rules
    - Improved AI race starts
    - Rolling starts (I remember there was some huge problem in creating that, not as simple as it sounds)

Tried to look for that "Let's play game dev" poll but couldn't find it. To see what were the options back then. Tyres are V10, AI is great now.. what's there left to fix

Stall and ignition would require too many unique sounds indeed. Stefano said there is already the code for it, just no sounds. If it could be enabled somehow, modders could do the sounds but I know Kunos won't do it that way, because it needs to be across all platforms. Maybe as .ini option, with just few/one generic startup sounds as default, then let modders step in.. but probably not gonna happen

Stalls/ignitions is a bit like when car rocks sideways, when you rev the engine (due to engine torque, Automobilista has this). Nice detail but dunno if super important. Of course engine may die on you, and it may cost extra time/the race but yeah. At that point you probably messed up pretty badly anyway. But definitely would be neat to have in AC2

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  18. The AI has been improved, but I would not call it "great". The AI cars still make very strange "wiggling" motions at race starts (as opposed to smooth changes in direction), and veer somewhat wildly from side to side when they are (presumably) deciding to change the "AI line" that they want to follow. They are also still too predictable at certain corners (and don't seem to know how to negotiate some of them properly), and some cars are extremely slow. Yes, I know that there is an explanation for the latter, but this does not equate with "great" in my book.

In a nutshell, I just can't enjoy racing the AI cars as they stand. Some of this is simply down to the limitations of AI code in 2017, but it's those little "foibles" described above that shatter the illusion of realism, and broadcast very clearly to me that I am racing a collection of subroutines rather than actual drivers.

mms likes this.
  19. Psit

Psit Alien

Go to 19:27 .... :)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm very glad Porsche isn't exclusive anymore, for anyone.

AlleyViper and dodge33cymru like this.