1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I don't remember who said it when and where but some driver said "those things are no longer road cars converted to race cars, they are just f3 cars with a chassis that resembles road cars" The wording may be different but it was something like this.

Sooo.... yeah.

evil_overlord and Schnipp like this.
  2. It is called "silhouette racing"... I find DTM quite cool, given the distance to any road car the silhouette is taken from.

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk 6

3. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Different folks different strokes :)

But it's not like recent dtm seasons were any fun. At least the super gt is fun. Can't wait for the convergence.

Schnipp and massimo0vacca like this.
  4. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Different strokes indeed. I've usually found DTM to be some of the most exciting racing out there.

5. Simon92

Simon92 Rookie

I guess you still have the leather cover on the shifter? On my G27 it got stuck and fith gear sometimes didn't go in. I now drive without it and never had any problems since. Get rid of that extra weight, its only slowing down ;)

6. RufGTI

RufGTI Simracer

The DTM is just a joke. Last weekend Audi was heavily criticized for its team tactics - at the 5th of nine race weekends. Add unnecessary penalty weights rules, over-complex cars, a stupid calendar, boring racing and team radio in terrible English and you get Racing as German as it could get. The only reason I sometimes torment me and watch this crap is to keep my fingers crossed for Rene Rast, cool guy.

evil_overlord and Schnipp like this.
  7. evil_overlord

evil_overlord Simracer

To me, DTM hasn't been of any interest since they were driving the kind of cars that we have in AC today.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't see what that has to do with nationality. Plenty of good racing in Germany.

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Haha, I have that exact issue! Was going to pull it apart to have a look what it was, didn't think it would be the leather cover. Thanks for that :)

Simon92 likes this.
  10. quakeguy

quakeguy Hardcore Simmer

I still don't see how this is ever going to work out. Cost, logistics, rules and regulations... the question marks just keep popping up. A 'let's have a basic plan by the end of the year', after years of them not finding any real solutions to even some of the most basic talking points, isn't exactly reassuring. I just hope Super GT isn't going to suffer too much (if this somehow comes together), because after the first half of this season, the one thing that never crossed my mind was a "if only this had some DTM crossover in it..."

11. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Its got a huge artificial feel to it, just like those manufacturers "sporty cars" with their fake exhaust tips, ECU controlled shift burps and sound generators. Racing drama is generated with auxiliary means, the use of English is meant to give it an international flair and the silhouette nature of the cars is "hidden" from the dumb general public. Looking through the "Auto,Motor&Sport" laying on my desk I got during the last car wash I find three ads alone advertising with DTM pictures, advertising tires and parts for roadcars.

You find good racing here, ADAC GT Masters, TCR, VLN, all those smaller Cups and Formula series. But media wise DTM is spearheading it still as the only series getting any general media coverage besides F1, its sad really

Tibor Sólyom and Schnipp like this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

That's one point where I envy the UK.
    Those guys live and breath motorsport, (pretty much) regardless of the series.

In Germany it's more about the image and who you can root for.

If it weren't for Vettel F1 would be quite a bit less popular here IMO.
    And DTM sells because it's BMW/Audi/Mercedes and basicly everybody driving one of them thinks drivers of the other brands are simply wrong.

For me, MotoGP (and it's lower classes) have the most interesting race action, but way less viewers than F1 and DTM.
    We now even have a great german driver again in the highest class, and why?
    Because he was living in Spain with another german driver because it was the best way to train and improve his skills since support in Germany is crappy.
    Even after two german World Champions, one in Moto2 and one in Moto3.

ADAC says they are supporting bike racers, but in the end the money goes to car racing series, support and youth development.

Tibor Sólyom likes this.
  13. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I'd like to see the DTM survive, but the series needs an overhaul. Ditch the silhouettes and go back to front engined fast saloons like other series uses. The touring car world needs to have their head bashed together. They fail to see how a common ruleset across counties would save costs and bring more manufacturers to get involved. Although finally it looks like TCR might actually do that, however the cars aren't quick enough for a top series like the DTM, they are also all FWD, we need like a TCR2 with 50 more BHP and say 100kg less weight for that DTM kind of series.

14. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

To be perfectly honest, I think the major cost factor in DTM is the technology use, if they limit some of the parts to a more market ready approach, the class can be more accessible. Open it to privateers, use the same well tested and known current chassis and you have a winner. Super GT has proven that the DTM chassis is good and can be used in a economic manner. They just need to ditch those F1 like parts and go to efficient and cheaper parts. I mean, gold plated engine parts? come on...

Schnipp likes this.
  15. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

No one's speculating about the Kunos' job vacancy yet...

I am disappointed by you, guys! :D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

We was talking about their next game a couple of pages back. :D

Nahkamarakatti and AC_RAF like this.
  17. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

... and a couple of pages back before too...

It wouldn't be the first time that the "Official News from..." would be redundant ;)

EDIT : Nevertheless, I prefer less chit-chat, but serious people who would fit the job for Kunos!

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think it will be difficult to find someone. The person needs to be a good programmer, he needs to be interested in cars/racing and he needs to speak Italian. I thought everyone in the world that match that was already working at Kunos?

Ace Pumpkin and evil_overlord like this.
  19. I speak Italian and I'm interested in cars/racing. Sadly I'm not a good programmer...

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk 6

20. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I used Google translate to know what "
    REQUISITI GENERALI: Ottima conoscenza della lingua italiana e inglese" means :(

Berniyh and AC_RAF like this.