1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 New AI

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Gysepy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Gysepy

Gysepy Gamer

Credit where credit is due on this one. I have been racing the AI for the last few hours or so and i have found that playing on "hard" with AI aggression to 100% is perfect for my lap times and driving style.

I especially enjoyed a 20 lap race at Mugello with the new Audi R8 LMS 2016, with all the AI in the same car, 15 Car grid, pole was a low 1:50 and 15th place a low 1:52. This is everything i wanted from this title close, bumper to bumper at times racing and AI that actually knows how to race.

Man i have had to re-think the way i race, no stupid moves you will be punished, no silly dive bombs you will pay the price... Great Job on the AI Kunos.

Just a little thing though, i started a Championship with 45min Practice, 30 Qualy and 20 lap race. Did everything up to the race but had to head out as i got distracted. Would be nice to return and to just start the race rather than having to start form FP again... Nonetheless good update and looking forward to things to come..

2. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

The new
    The new AI is the benchmark. CPU cars now seems to be humans and you pay any fault. Super.

ShredatorFIN, pippo10, Dave53 and 3 others like this.
  3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Great work on the new AI. It is far more believable now, at least on the combinations I have used so far, and I found it pretty good before anyway. Looking forward to my first multi-class race in the Toyota TS040-HYBRID now.

Brilliant stuff.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

There is still work to do because sometimes they still fear to overtake: if they see there isnt enough space to overtake between the corner behind and the corner in front, they dont overtake (even if their car is much faster than the one to overtake) so inside the corners they dont overtake. And if the straigt it's short they fear too much to overtake.

But the improvement is huge. It's so much fun to create multiclass races with hypers and sportscars and see them passing by the other AIs at 150 kph more. And they improved also in holding the position. I crashed with another AI on Eau Rouge because it didn't want to give up its position and I went wide (my fault).

pippo10 likes this.
  5. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

While eminently better, the difficulty is still not consistent enough, between different car classes, and even between different sessions with the same strength and car class.

6. Bultaco85

Bultaco85 Rookie

I did a 15 lap race in Spa and fully agree with you, very enjoyable.

pippo10 likes this.
  7. Bultaco85

Bultaco85 Rookie

I didnĀ“t see any option for multiclass race, where is it?

8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Set up a race in Custom Championships and select your opponents.

9. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Doing a 1 make series with the abarth AC now is great racing and looks human like.
    I don't think this will ever not be an issue in any game which has multiple types of cars etc. Unless infinite amount of time to dedicate to it.
    Yes I noticed to Porsche RSR still struggles to overtake the Abrth ss 65 on the Nurb ( until the straight ) and highlands short due to no room. No big issue as they're extreme opposites of performance. Also I really like how now I don't feel like I'm the only one to pay for contact when AI bash me. Great to see AI mess each other up too.

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Yep, real multiclass races like wec work very good. In other type of multiclass races you will have to search for a good match. For example hypers and hot hatches it's not a good idea, because Hypers wont overtake hot hatches in the corners even if they are much more faster. So with hypers, you need to find a car very fast in the corners but slow in the straights compared to the hypers (GT3 RS for example). I have to try it more.

pippo10 likes this.
  11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Devs explained this, that AIs driving style fits better faster cars, than slow ones. AI will be relatively fastest on higher powered cars, because they are very good at avoiding sliding, unlike human. Which makes them fast on high powered RWD cars, but slow on the low powered ones, because they don't understand the difference in required driving style.

Just something we have to accept, there isn't any 1 difficulty value that fits all car classes. Just adjust based on what you drive. Same goes for aggression... At least on PC I've found out that the LMP and F1 cars can't handle 100% aggression, 70-75% seems to be best value. Otherwise they crash sooner or later, because they approach the track too aggressively for that sort of car. On almost any other car class however, you can crank the aggression to 90-100% with no problem. Same with difficulty, some cars just need harder difficulty to be competitive. Also make sure you have aggression pretty high, because otherwise they won't overtake that much. Something like 40% fits more of track day type of thing

You do have slider for difficulty too, I hope? Because due to this problem, fixed presets like "Easy" and "Medium" aren't really ideal.....

There is really 2 problems about AI anymore, the other is race starts (too easy to gain positions, compared to rest of the race) and other is this. Maybe Stefano finds a way to fix (some of) it. But even without I'd say AC has now one of best AIs of all driving sims. They overtake, fight for position and can go even three wide with no problems. You usually don't get hit by them, unless you mess up yourself, and can have very close and fair racing. Better than most MP lobbies tbh

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  12. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

No, no AI slider on console, just presets.

13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hmm well that worsens the problem :(

14. Andreracer

Andreracer Rookie

Anyone tried to enable the penalty? In my xb1, i can't to enable this option.

Anthony pacitto likes this.
  15. Can't turn mine off

16. Gysepy

Gysepy Gamer

I have noticed this also. I scroll down to enable penalties but when I highlight it, it seems the AI difficulty slider also gets highlighted and I cannot enable penalties, it starts to change the AI difficulty....

17. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Last night was my first real chance to run a few races with the new update. One thing that happened in 2 of the 3 quick 8 lap races I ran was that an AI car went off course and just stayed there the entire race. One car parked itself on the asphalt run off at the end of the front straight at Nurburgring GP and sat there the whole race. Then another car ran off at turn 5 I think it is at Imola in the sand and stayed there the entire race. I've never ever seen that happen before.

Also it appears that what I call "the rabbit effect" hasn't been addressed either. I tested the new Audi R8 LMS in a GT3 race at Imola on medium AI difficulty. My standard 8 lap quick race random starting position. I started in 4th. On the green light the front 2 cars shot off into the distance. Mercedes AMG GT3 in 1st and a Porsche RSR in 2nd. At the end of the 1st lap the Mercedes set a quickest lap of 1:46.8 with the Porsche a few car lengths back. I stayed in 4th and my opening lap was a high 1:50 I think but the 3rd place car wasn't holding me up any. At the end of the race the Mercedes had the quickest lap of the race but it was only 1:46.2 so it's opening lap time was only 6/10ths slower than it's quickest overall lap, that's not realistic.

I had AI aggression set on 80.

18. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I had a similar experience yesterday. 2 cars went off the first corner at the red bull ring then 1 more just after the 3rd corner and they just stayed there for the whole 5 laps.
    That was AI aggression on 90.

So did this not happen before the latest update?

Jezza819 likes this.
  19. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Nah, it happened before the patch, pole position has a canny knack of being able to set the same lap from a standing start as they can on a flying lap.

20. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It happens quite often, happened before the patch too but before they kept their foot down even if facing the barrier, they couldn't or didn't try finding reverse gear. They would then port back to life, now they stay there idle.

Lewisxbone likes this.