1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 New AI

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Gysepy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

What aggression setting to have them set at @Hammerpgh ? I've read somewhere that 75% is about the most you want to go with open wheel...

I think it is possible to have some fun with the AI now, you kind of feel like you are in the middle of a race, until they brake in an odd place :eek:

I like to run 15-20 minute one make races (quick race mid grid start) and experience in that scenario, shows that when I am attacking, the bots don't defend or respond to how I have my car positioned behind them, the also don't seem to feel any pressure.

I can manipulate them into making a mistake, by placing my car on the outside when entering the corner, they tend to cut the apex and loose speed, jump curbs etc, which enables me to cut back and take the place. Which is actually pretty cool :)

I do like the way they will attack, given the chance, sometimes you just know that they are going to launch it up the inside and it is better to give them space and let them by so you can fight again later in the race.

I also like that they make me think about defending my position, which is helping with my race craft a bit (not done much racing of late). I have found it is also a good idea to do a bit of practice with them so I can understand where they are slow and also if they do odd things, this helps with the racing for sure.

I do wish that the bots where a little faster with the slower cars, I was hankering for a bit of 500AC slipstream battle action at Spa but they didn't have the pace to keep me entertained :(

All in all a good step forward, great in attack, defense needs work ;)

2. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I got a different result: Track Brands Hatch - cars were Lotus Evora GTC and Porsche 911 Cup Difficulty: hard Aggression: 90%. With this package I got a very fun race and the AI was very smart without show any deviation.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  3. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

i noticed on console variation % is missing, nice to know how is the default setting.

4. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

I only had the aggression set at about 60% so i'll try turning that up to see what it changes. It was the constant running off track at turn 1 and the last turn that really bothered me more than anything and I had half a dozen cars stuck in the gravel at either turn 1 or between the sweepers before the race was half done. I pretty much knew that I was going to overtake them into turn 1 and that I would not have to defend into the last turn. Maybe it was just car specific and they don;t handle the 98T very well lol

5. Hammerpgh

We get a variation slider for aggression on the Xbox is that what you meant?

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No, on PC they have 3 sliders: agression, dificulty and variation. We have the first one, instead of the second one we have the predefined levels and we cant choose variation (it's on the game, but we can't change it so we don't know at what value it's set).

Hammerpgh likes this.
  7. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

On PC it is possible to set a range so you can set the aggression to say 80 percent +/- 10, so the field is slightly different. This slider isn't available on console :(

It doesn't feel like each bot is an individual to me, it is possible to set each one up for a pass exactly the same way, with a very similar response, they all leave the same doors open, they tend to follow each other as well rather once I to the later stages, that may be more of an effect of the one make racing I am doing!

I did catch a glimpse of a pass happening in the back ground lower down the field at Brands Hatch...

It would also be interesting to know how AI skill level is balanced in a quick race scenario (are the fast ones at the front or spread through there field) if at all?

The lack of a replay really starts to hurt, now here if fun to be had, I'd very much like to watch back some races from outside the car, but that is something for another thread ;)

Hammerpgh likes this.
  8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

AI have been stated by Lord Kunos to be Slow with slow cars, and particularly the Abarth ( pretty sure I saw him post that anyway, someone else if not him)
    I'm constantly pausing races to watch AI battles or cool drifts by myself. I do like that I can instantly watch replays though.

9. Hammerpgh

Has the replay function changed? I am sure I used to be able to watch back replays of races rather than just the 4:46 that it seems to be stuck on now. I am sure I saved some too but maybe those have been deleted since the update.

10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Races replays were always 2:59 if recall. Much longer in hot lap mode.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  11. Hammerpgh

That's probably what I was thinking of then.