1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setting up a League. Community effort.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by John Gordon, Oct 17, 2017.

1. TDS

TDS Alien

im in but casual, i mean, if there's time for me to race i will go if not i will have to work :) so if the grid isnt full i will participate.
    cheers

EU times around 19:00 /20:00 gmt ?

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

That’s 2200h here, my neighbors downstairs will go berserk if we’d use a manual shift car... :D

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Use some "life hacks" hahaha. Put something to damp the shock underneath the pedals, or where the forces meets the floor.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Fri/Sat evenings (EU time) would work great for me! Something like 20min qualifying and 2x 20-30min races.
    Lets do this! Got my skin ready and everythang.
    abarth.jpg

Maybe we can let everyone select 1 track then vote on those available, or all agree on some ideas for track selection (like all from Europe or 1 from each country or no fictional tracks or historic and modern or modern only etc etc.)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Ricky Reject and TDS like this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Already tried that, but my floor construction itself is a big resonator. Wooden planks over 5 cm of empty space above the concrete.... Who builts such a thing? :(

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@andy-riches Same here Saturdays or Fridays, well Thursdays would also be fine for me.

@Ace Pumpkin I think that a layer or double layer of some particular material should do the trick anyways, unless you are really mashing those pedals like mad.

TDS likes this.
  7. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I went to crazy lengths to isolate my rig when I was on a second floor, ask @TDS :). Well, 200 bucks later, it was better, but I still could wake up the childrens sleeping downstairs (with FFB turned down)...

Back on topic, 19-20 GMT would be too soon for me. What worked great for me was the time at which the nordschleife events TDS and V8 used to run on sundays. But then again, I'll repeat myself, I'm a minority in his ****ty timezone so whatever works for you guys.

Ace Pumpkin and TDS like this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

On Fridays and Saturdays I'm pretty flexible. Anytime in the evening on Friday and mid-late afternoon to late evening Saturday would be fine. I live in a flat as well so I dont race beyond about 11pm UK time. If I was going to race on Sundays it would be much earlier for me like late afternoon at the latest.

TDS likes this.
  9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I don't have time on Friday evenings. Saturday depends on what is going on.
    But then, it's not required that I'm there. I'll just join if there is an empty slot and I have free time. :)

TDS likes this.
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

As @Berniyh has kindly offered to provide a server I will offer to admin a BTCC style league if people are interested. Saturday seems like the best option based on responses so far. What is the earliest time you could race Mathieu?

If I do it, it will be 20min Q 2x 25-30 min races with a 5-10 min results screen time (inbetween Q-R1 & R1-R2.)

I dont mind about teams, FWD vs RWD or traditional teams would be fine.

Tracks im not that fussed but I would vote for real world circuits. If I was to vote for one it would be NJMP Lightning or Thruxton.

Maybe 6-10 events 1 a week or every 2 weeks.

If someone else wants to do it thats fine by me but the offer is there.

pctm, Ricky Reject, TDS and 2 others like this.
  11. TDS

TDS Alien

MR [AB] or [ABC] required would be good :)

LeiF and chksix like this.
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yeah AB atleast, ABC might aswell be an open server :p

With full reverse grid we really need competent drivers only or it will be chaos in race 2.

Could do cold tyre start with an outlap and then rolling start?

TDS likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I really like that idea, but you need even more competent drivers for that. ;)

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Possibly yeah, I dont think it would be too bad though with simple rules.

. No overtaking until you cross the line

. Pole man controls pace (must be fairly slow.)

. Pole can make a break if he wants any time after 2nd to last corner and cant slow after he makes a break for it.

15. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

Thanks for the initiative!

I'd be interested in joining the league but have a probably stupid question. I've never participated in a league before because I understood it was not possible to miss an event. Is it really the case?

I have the type of job that implies I can never guarantee I can attend all races. What happens if you can join maybe 70 or 80% of races? Can you still participate? Is there any system that gives you a license to miss a race once in a while and only penalize you after a certain number of missed events?

For what it's worth, I really like the ballast idea but find slow cars like the Abarth very boring. How about (much) more powerful cars?

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Hmm so do I go ahead and create a league thread? Im not sure we have enough interest yet. Anyone know of any leagues/teams that might be intetested in joining in?

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

From my experience, asking for feedback on interest just doesn't work such that you'd be satisfied.
    Just go for it and give it a try and see if it works out.

Regarding the formation lap, maybe we could abuse the stracker message broadcast functionality to signal the formation lap and green light.
    (e.g. you as admin could use hotkeys and chat apps to broadcast server messages.)

In fact I'm going to ask neys if he could implement auto-message support for that. :)

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Great effort here. I'd like to join the league but I'll wait with what time you guys come up with.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

that's a nice idea. a rolling start and even standing start plugin would be amazing. if it can know who is on pole and where they are on track it could release the pole man when he is nearing the end of an out lap. It could count everyone down for a standing start :D there are issues with the standing start idea though, like knowing when everyone is ready and people missing their box :p

20. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I have a felling that we'd see lots of 'out of position at start' penalties :D

That would be awesome though! Warm up laps would add so much to the immersion factor (which would then need to be a setting in one of the ini files I guess, 'immersion_value': 11 ).

I believe one of the russian leagues have developed this kind of plugin, OSRW I think it is. But they probably have a dedicated admin (who is not racing).

chksix and Berniyh like this.