1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setting up a League. Community effort.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by John Gordon, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I've watched some race starts from the stracker live view, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested this. ;)
    Sure, it's not the most accurate thing in the world, but it could work for a rolling start (wouldn't do standing start in that case).
    If there are complaints about bad behaviour, there is always the possibility of having a look at the replay file and award a penalty post-race.
    Otherwise I wouldn't be too restrictive and just build upon gentlemen behaviour.
    If that makes you feel better, we can of course add that setting to the server_cfg.ini. ;)
    Would be possible, could even do some live streaming + commentary, like the virtualracing.org guys do for their races.
    But I think it's a bit ambitious for a first try.

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Still, rolling start should be easy to do even without any help from plugins and apps.

Back to the potential league thingy, i'd want 20+ signed up before going ahead. I wouldnt want to commit to sorting it all out and have to go through the motion for x events with a turnout of 4 or 5 guys. The leagues section of this forum is more difficult so probably better to use this thread or another thread in the chat section.

I think 8pm or 8:30pm GMT is about as late as would be reasonable for Europe. The event would finish around 10pm GMT.

3. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Weekends are almost impossible for me but I'm free during the week. Would it be an option to have 2 races per week - one on the weekend and one during the week?
    IMO we should only give championship points for your best result from either race during the week. This would allow people a bit more flexibility and might encourage more people to join because they won't be tied to one time slot.

chalminho, LeDude83 and LeiF like this.
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

We would need a second admin and more players. Or if someone else is willing to admin a week night event then it could be held during the week instead of both.

5. TDS

TDS Alien

i have a texas based server in rack service that i will maybe renew this month.
    if theres enough US people interested i could run a week night race for this people and me.

in paralel to the saturday tho, same races same league but US timezone.

Mathieu Labbé and Andy-R like this.
  6. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

This is simply pure genius in my opinion ! Just brilliant idea. How can you disagree with that ?

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Not really disagreeing but an argument against the idea would be that it could reduce the amount of racers in each event.

8. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

If there are more people like me, the flexibility that you're giving by giving people two opportunities to join per week creates a larger pool of potential racers who would not join the league at all otherwise.

In other words, the pros outweigh the cons by a very significant margin.

We are not professional racers and may just have other things to do than race against the internet (regardless of how much fun that is). Anything that gives you flexibility is great.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Then, IMO, you don't race in a league. Of cause, in this case it's for fun, it always is, but the nature of a league is that you're somewhat consistent, in participating and on track.

For the upcoming season I will be organising, teams will be allowed to "hire" reserves that can score points to the team. As long as they find the reserve themselves and announce it in time, it's easy to add extra GUID to a car.

Other than that, mixed participation by the same poll of drivers, I'm with Andy on this, but I completely understand you want the possible quality of a league season but with the (similar) freedom of joining an everyday public race.

10. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

I'm totally willing to hear that x % attendance is not consistent enough but in my optinion if you expect more than 70-80 % consistency on a 4 year old video game, then you should not expect to really populate your server. In practice, you'll only get 5-10 regulars.

I hope I'm totally off in these guesstimates and I have no experience whatsoever with leagues but I do believe that giving people a chance to join is good.

70-80 % attendance is already a lot to ask for most people who have full time jobs/ families in my opinion.

11. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

This! Same league, NA division vs EU division. Do you think we'd be able to gather enough people for this? I know you had some good population in your discord server, that could be a good start. I miss the TAM guys too, what are you up to @esox71 , any interest in participating in something like this? What about Kalmar, FAK, Ronster (dont know their forum name)?

TDS likes this.
  12. TDS

TDS Alien

probly i could gather 8 US people on sim racing discord to participate

13. La Gonorrata

La Gonorrata Rookie

Count me in, i can maybe find one or two people to join also. Abarth and MX5 sounds perfect for me.

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

The Audi TT cup championships I organise was greenlighted yesterday by the league owner, I will invite you regular drivers (ALOOG, SF, etc) when sign-ups go live. You know me already, from here and track, so hope to see some of you :)

One of the bigger things for teams this season is, that teams can "hire" reserves that can score points too for the team. No more falling behind in the leaderboard because you're forced to skip a race. Though, it's up to the teams/drivers to find the reserve.
    Another thing I worked out for this, is that PitLanePenalty will now be tracking white lines as track limits, not the curbs too, as it do with normal track configurations. Penalty is triggered by the 4th cut, and time added postrace to the total time.
    Things I can tell about settings already:
    • Race Day: Sunday (7 rounds, pre-season race November 12th, 2week x-mas holidays, 2 races left in January)
    • Practice: 7pm BST (60 minutes)
    • Qualifying: 8pm BST (15 minutes)
    • Race Length: 2 x 25 minutes per race day
    • Starting Grid: Qualification Results (For Round 1 & Round 2)
    • Weather: Clear, Mid-Clear
    • Server: Precision Racing League (IACC)
    • Racers: Maximum 32
    • Car: Audi TT Cup (DLC Ready-to-race)
    • Setups: Partial Locked (Pressures, fuel and brake bias will be open)
    • Start Type: Standing
    • Assists: Factory
    • Tire Wear: 100%
    • Tires: Hard Compound only
    • Fuel: 100%
    • Damage: 50%
    • Grip: Dynamic
    • Pitstops: Not Mandatory
    • Reverse Grid: No
    And, ballast + restrictor plates are in use! Calculated by how fast drivers are in relative to the average grid racelaps and leaderboards, it's more sofisticated than usual BTCC ballast only, but still piece of cake to monitor on the google sheet I made. The system is ment to bring the grid closer even if there's 2-3 seconds or more between the fastest and the slowest drivers. This gap will already be limited by singlemake, locked compound and partial setup.
    See it as a mix of the real Audi TT cup 2017 season, some BTCC thrown in, and of cause general simracing stuff with tools available, all to give as close racing as possible.
    It's kept a rather short and compact season, to see how all the intended settings work out for the teams.

@andy-riches, I would be interested in your league too, as long as it doesn't run on Sundays :p

15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think Berniyh's servers will be ending soon so that's a no go. I'd still join a league running BTCC regs with the 2 little cup cars. Maybe we can turn this into a good server awareness thread. If anyone knows of any league or pub servers running decent settings and interesting vehicles they could give them a mention here... I'd love to have a reason to start playing AC again.

Tberg, TDS and Mathieu Labbé like this.