1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

After last update to the default setup for formula vintage v12(AMS) had a spin around Imola historic and after that tried lotus49@ imola(Ac).
    Do it yourselves if you have like 1 hour spare time.

You will come one step closer to the definition of the word BORING and IMMERSION.

2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

what happened to default setup ? used to be fun in AMS and in AC too .. now it is boring or what do you mean? ... cant test .. away from rig for a long time ...

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Interlagos historic.. I prefer that over the modern Interlagos :D Love how it looks with all the billboards, very unique look. The SA tracks feel sometimes like random tarmac on a flat field. But not all of them

Orne likes this.
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I'll take Taruma, Cascavel & Interlagos over Monza, Nurburgring & Silverstone GP

Jebus likes this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I have no issues with that very long bug list previously posted. And I don't miss any tracks, either - if I play AMS, I do it for the variance. If I want to race at Spa, I fire up AC. I thought everyone appreciated AMS for the weird content :p

Also, I'm not that picky with my tracks TBH. I like them to be accurate for sure but whether it's Silverstone or Bathurst - I love them all. Each corner is my challenge, lap after lap :) That's why I don't mind tracks referred to as boring by others.

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

7. There are reasons for these "barely triple digit" active user counts and I'm very surprised if unknown tracks ain't one of them. The same issue rF2 have. NOLA, Mills, Toban, Mores and Estoril are not tracks majority want to drive. Just the same way as Caruaru, Goiania, Ribeirao and Salvador ain't the best selling point for international masses.

8. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

Marketing?
    How about console simracing?
    AC is the best but numbers dont show it.

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Sure, the explanation fits. But currently, I don't see AMS as a potential AC alternative for MP racing. It's the chance to look at what Reiza is up to with their new release. With Reiza 18 (19, 20?...who knows) the cards will be mixed again and we'll see how it goes then.

So I'm not at all bothered about player count in AMS. AC is the place to be for MP racing right now.

10. We are not talking about AC but if the rumours from January is true, AC sold more than million copies for consoles regardless of the not so perfect launch. I've never had a single console so cannot say how much active users there are but without modding abilities it must be quite a bit less popular than on PC. If you think "AC is the best", that's your words not mine. I honestly have no idea about console gaming.

But let's get back into AMS.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Im the opposite to you @LeDude83, there is no good MP racing anymore in AC which is why I keep choosing AMS for racing ATM. I prefer it to AC offline for the interesting content and filled out classes. The odd time i've tried AI they were quite good as well.

Im so glad not all sim devs choose just the most popular series and most popular tracks, imagine if every game was just F1 or GT3 with Monza, Nords, Silv & Spa :O I would be taking up a different hobby if that was the case.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I agree, AMS has some real gems for tracks and some with character and challenges that we just don't get in other titles. In some cases, imperfections in the track surface and contours make driving them more challenging and anything but boring. Todays "perfected" and super smooth race tracks are far more likely to be boring IMO. AMS has some tracks with dips and bumps that can unsettle the cars and require more restraint and finesse to navigate and that makes those tracks far more interesting for me.

Alistair McKinley and scraper like this.
  13. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I like the Brazilian tracks included in AMS. A few local tracks here in the US are also not very well-known but interesting to drive on and learn how to drive properly. Every time I launch AMS for some "obscure" tracks I just imaging it is my local track, and I will keep driving the same track for like a month, and then imaging I move to a different city with a different local track in the next month.

14. Licensing and marketing are the main issues always.

15. I agree but what I wanted to say that without proper known and licenced content it's hard to make your sim popular. No matter how good it is to drive or how technically complete pack you offer. And you basically need to be reasonably popular for MP. Otherwise your MP doesn't have much value for most of the people.

Tricky puzzle to solve for Reiza's next title.

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Reiza have acknowledged that MP is not their strong suit at all and offline players make up the vast majority of their market. Having refined and shored up their AI recently shows that they still care about offline players and that's something I appreciate.

Still, I'm sure they will continue to develop the online functionality with their next title and as long as they maintain the excellent handling and FFB of AMS, I'm all in. :)

17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Niels videos are one of those better things in life

18. yeah! another of the most sincere devs out there. I wish they could move on from the rfactor engine, menus and stuff in the future.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I wish every sim userbase would expand 10x

20. ouvert

ouvert Alien

not for AMS .. that game is close to be finnished .. next game should be on different graphic engine so I assume they put some work into menu design too .. :)