1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT Sport

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Warlock, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...48 cars, not counting racing and VGT ones! 48! 5 years of development... so sad...

2. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Deleted

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Or a studio with 110 employees.

Some external sounds are very well done, btw. The Mustang is giving me roaring ears, followed by shivers.

5. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

Their studio is around 250 people, and they are basically part of Sony, since CEO Kasunori Yamauchi is part of Sony headquarters too...

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Tried some more of these concept cars and super fast TRON-like things. No fun in that for me, it is too hectic and turns the whole experience into indeed an arcade pile'em-up. That has nothing to do with driving anymore, no matter where your "realism treshhold" is. Indeed Gr 4 and 3, and N400-N700 give me the best experience.

And the Rally cars, not to forget them, kicking them around on the bumpy dust tracks is funny. Probably not the most realistic, but fun.

There seems to be a bug, though. If choosing a rally car for a 1-on-1 on a dust track, you always drive against the Audi Quattro from the 80s. If you choose a street car, you always drive against one and the same boring citrus-yellow playtoy that is so easy to beat. No variation. Talking of Single Player mode. The rally cars btw are by far more challenging to defeat on dust tracks. Driving street cars with mud tyres is possible, but relatively pointless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

None of the pics I posted, were from the "scapes"-mode, they are all from in-race.

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

MY god.... best and most natural looking game ever.... If I wouldn't know that this was a game footage, and if I wouldn't be familiar with VR movements nature, then I would watch and keep thinking that it is real. Amazing.

VRquality makes it to look almost exactly as average quality real life video would look.

8. Orne

Orne Alien

Movements are nice although the visual quality is terrible. It looks as if the camera is wearing the VR display, everything looks extremely soft. The top edges of the trees look very strange. The gauges lack sharpness, all just a mushy, soft mess.

Mogster likes this.
  9. dad marley

dad marley Rookie

I like it. PD has the artistic direction to show restraint and suppress saturation where appropriate. This creates a sense of character for each rendered element. In contrast, for example, Forza knows no restraint and simply emphasizes *everything*, and resembles the usual bombastic piece from Michael Bay.

AC has pretty natural colors, too, if a bit too clear. However it doesn't simulate the magic hours of early dawn / sunset at all. The track detail is far too bland compared to car detail.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

You have just described the screendoor effect :D

The only details which were giving out for me were Assetto Corsa type of mirrors, which aren't really mirrors, but screens, and rear fenders of Alfa are way too low poly.

Is anyone playing GT Sports ? How much more arcade it is than PC 2 ?

11. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

looks like it has a lot of things done nicely but the autoexposure completely kills immersion, behaves just like you would expect a video camera to but nothing like real life

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There's always limitations and compromises with first gen hardware but you have to appreciate what they are doing. VR on PC is tiny compared to the install base of the PS4, they are bringing that otherwise inaccessible experience to a huge audience that will then want and pay for more/better hardware and software driving VR forward. For what the developers had to work with it looks like they have done very well.

GRFOCO likes this.
  13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I think one can adapt to almost everything in GT and "forgive" it, to enjoy it more as an arcade.sim than just a pure arcade actionn racer, which it is in the very fast ars, but not in the medium range, N400-N77, Group 4, 3, GTR. However, one thing ther eis that is a contradiction in itself. That is the AI. It doe snot fight like oyu use to think of a fighting AI i other games, it keeps a line of pearls rolling to provide the player with oppoirtuntiies to overtake, the cars usually will give room when you are very near and on their sides, and the AI also is rubber-banded, it slows down when the player is trailing behind, and it speeds up a bit when the player is in lead. If there is one thing that really is arcadish to the utmost max, then it is he AI, everything else: physics, driving, the cintroller used as a miniwheel, I can adapt to to get a ver yimmersive illusion. I said "contradicting": by this I mean that in the setting of races set up by the game by defualt the AI nevertheless falls into its place and simply matches the needs of the game. In other games I would complain about it, here it simply works well and supports he genweral course the package named GT Sports has set. Hope I could explain a bit what I mean.

The motion controller still has me admiring its possibilities, its implementation in this game is perfect. It is as if I hold a jiniwheel in both hands with 120° rotation from centre to both sides, comparing it to a 240° wheel all in all. I would never have believed that such precision and smoothness is possible in steering a car with a gamepad like this. Its perfect. Just reduce the two sensitivity settings for this control mode to their minimums.

I have no VR for PS, so I was not aware of how splendid the interiors of cars are made in GT as well, I thought AC still had the lead there, but that 458 in the video easily can keep up, I think. However, instruments in AC still look and work better.

Yesterday I did my first laps in AC with wheel again since almost two weeks. It was good to be back, and obviously it is a very different way of driving, and a more complex one. Still, the immersion in the driving experience that both games provide, is different, but in both cases very intense. I am glad that I have both, and do enjoy both. Over the weekend I caught myself even just hotlapping GT, that pleasant it is... LOL

It seems that indeed DLCs will come with more cars, pushing the total number to at least 450 in the end, and also more tracks, which is a great relief to me, although i mostly drive Nordschelife and Suzuka. The fantasy tracks however in GT I like very much as well, they do them extremely well.

GT races with white and yellow headlights on the Nordschleife. Unique.

P.S. Their patch to version 1.03 yesterday seems to have broken some things. I lost all control buttons during replays. Once the film starts moving, I must run through the whole movie and cannot stop it or make screenshots or move back or forward fast. Anyone else? And has anyone a link to the official Gran Turismo forum? I found several small private ones, but none that seemed to be a big, official one.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  14. anything-but

anything-but Guest

This was a interesting lap. ;)

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

As we could expect for mass market just released game online is filled by total noobs, and I guess that those races are chosen as the better ones.

I'm very interested in GTS, it seems a quality product. Not interested in playing it though, it is most definitely way too arcade. But as a track modder I find graphics very interesting. In particular the terrain. I think that grass looks extremely well, maybe few patches could be found which are a bit strange, but overall the look of terrain model is wonderful. It seems to be super detailed, and recreated in a very natural way. Also superb shaders helps a lot.

My dream is to get something like that in my track mods lol. I know it should be possible by using one big single normal map, probably 4k size, and same size texture map. If that wouldn't be an overkill.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I cannto find anything on people not able to edit or manipulate replays since 1.03 patch. Am I alone with this issue? The control buttons that before there were when the replay was running and you hit X or O, are no more there. No screenshots possible. No interrupting the replay possible, no fast forward or reverse, no nothing - you have to watch it to the very end.

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

New patch came out 1.05 today. To my dissapointment, the broken replay bug that came with 1.03, with missing controls when the film is running and player is unable to stop, edit, screenshot it, still is present. Only some players seem to experience it, you will not find many players on the web complaining, for most it seems to be not present. But for some it is real, I read.

:(

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I like the way the people look, spectators etc, they are excellent. Hopefully we can have something similar for Kunos’s next product.

19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

They has the advantage of single specs, unlike developers who are developing for master race - PC.

I find it interesting how they aren't using a lot of "3D" vertical grass, instead they has extremely detailed and perfected texturing. Lots of 3D grass would hide it.

I wouldn't care about graphics that much if I wouldn't be working with it I guess (modelling tracks).

I must admit that I find 3D grass not only improving track looks, but sometimes hindering too.

Also the leaves having some shine is superb detail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    liakjim likes this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I don't get the point of 3D grass either, grass isn't that tall, you never notice it driving in reall life, good texture would be far better as far as quality goes. Take the 3D blades on the left in the GT pic above, they just look weird, and must be 20cm tall, that's not grass any more, that's a tall weed... lol