1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.11 and PP3 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ok, so basically you will get more downforce at the respective end if you decrease the height?
    (Although you have to be careful of course with the car hitting the ground and with diffuser stall.)

Good to know, I always thought you have to take into account the combination of both front and rear.
    (Well, you still have to, but in a less complicated way.)

2. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

You get more downforce decreasing the height until you hit the point where diffuser (or splitter) starts to stall. Diffuser stall will be quite obvious on corner exits (rear squats) and splitter stall on braking. Sometimes it's beneficial to run front so low that you sometimes stall on brakes but have more downforce during cornering (front is higher than on brakes). Also there's an optimal AOA for the elements involved as well, so where ever you end up with front heights will have to be taken account in rear heights. Use developer app called "wings" to see the effects in CL-values.

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, thanks. I had a look at some of the devs apps some time ago and never really got much out of them. But I wanted to have a look at race studio anyway to finally get into using telemetry data, so I might as well do both.

With the setup mentioned above I could at least enjoy driving the GT3 R for the first time, so certainly things are improved. :)
    If I find the motivation I will try to do some setup tests on Sunday to see if I can get closer to my target times around Nordschleife (8min for the VLN layout and 8:15min for the 24 layout).