1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.2 released !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Jul 31, 2015.

1. I haven't really been following the patch closely ( also not been here long! ) but were there any aero changes? haven't noticed any real difference in slower corners, but old setups do feel looser in faster ones, so it feels more like less effective rear aero than any mechanical grip change.

2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The new Nissan is SERIOUSLY BRILLIANT. It makes me feel like a drift God.
    The 86 is a bit of fun. The other cars, I can take or leave. The Mito... why???

Zandvoort is also great. I couldn't care less if it's not laser-scanned. I'm happy with the quality of it as it is.

jim jones, mane2907, baliwa and 4 others like this.
  3. Binurah

Binurah Rookie

It`s likely a bit different for everyone, but to me the new FFB is a big step back (Thrustmaster TX), something just feels off.
    A pretty wide range around the center feels like gum, the "old" feeling comes back late into the turn.
    That said I didn`t get to play with settings much yet, so maybe it can be fixed on the user end.

MAUZERIS[LT] and rycil like this.
  4. Buk Nekkid

Buk Nekkid Rookie

Thank You.

5. Tom S

Tom S Rookie

Maybe some driver tweaking

6. OldDarth

OldDarth Rookie

FFB definitely is different. Rear end is much more skittish. Is that better? Too early to say.

AI is slightly better but still does stupid stuff. Ways to go still to match SCE & rFactor2.

Can't believe the inability to put the car in gear before race start was not fixed. Seems like a simple change, no?

7. s2173

s2173 Gamer

I love all the new changes... the ffb is better, I don't rely on it too much, but unlike before, I don't feel hesitant to turn-in more, and I can be more aggressive with inputs without breaking my arms... before, when I was running stronger ffb, I was just getting slower, way before the wheel started clipping.

There seems to be major physics change I'm not sure i can find in the patch notes... all cars are more lively on the rear, I can drive them with my right foot, and too sharp usage of brake and throttle can easily lead to spin. When I get under steer, it feels more warranted than before, and not so random. Overall, I love all about these changes, and I hope they don't change things back because of complaints that cars are too icy... I didn't know mclaren mp4 can drift so well... In previous patch drifting felt... kinda disgusting and mollasy.

AI seems to be working as intended... in championship event with mclaren mp4 at silverstone, I started at the back of a field of quite slower lotuses. The other mclaren was next to me, at the back. It took me 2 corners to pass all the lotuses, the AI mclaren took abit longer, but it was through halfway into the lap, and then passed even me, pretty cleanly - I couldn't catch him anymore... I think that was at 97 difficulty.

Niki Đaković likes this.
  8. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

I haven't touched the new cars to be honest. And I can't stop racing in Zandvoort. That track. Also had great experiences with the AI. Great battles. It is as aggressive as R3E's AI. Definitely made offline races in AC fun and challenging for the first time as it never was.

Great job, Kunos!

9. aleph

aleph Gamer

Tried that and a weird thing happened. None of the tracks would load. When clicking Start, the game appeared to be loading the track/car but went back to the main screen. Also, map.png was not rebuilt in the Zandvort folder. So I restored the map.png file, but the problem remained. By now I have tried everything - rebuilding the Steam cache, rebooting, deleting the Zandvort track altogether - but the game still refuses to work. Any idea of what could be causing and/or any hint on how to get AC working again without having the delete it and reinstall it?

EDIT: Problem solved. It seems when I deleted map.png AC reset its video resolution to 640x480 and that, for some reason, would prevent tracks loading. When I restored 1920x1080, map.png was rebuilt, the minimap is now appearing and everything was back to normal.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  10. Mixkaf

Mixkaf Rookie

I have a G25 and I concur that my first reaction is that deadzone is back. All in all for me Ffb is a step backwards. I feel like a lot of spins are unwarranted also.

bobsacamano and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.
  11. hogfish

hogfish Gamer

Anybody had an AI driver retire in a race yet? I'm still getting the "freezing every couple of seconds" once an AI retires. AI is alot better until you get to the faster cars, takes a couple of restarts to get a racing going in the Exos.

12. kro

kro Simracer

I like how you can view the ded server manual right from the new server manager tool menu ! good stuff ..

So am I right to assume that also the old acServerLauncher.exe and acServer.exe are no longer needed ?

have they deprecated like the acServerpackager as well ? .. like a used car .. ..

or obsolete and not used anymore ??

..lol ;-) <jk>

Sounds like we only need the new server manager tool now to do everything ?

yes ?

Thanks !!

Awesome update guys ;-)

ekosan likes this.
  13. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

At first I was kind of annoyed by the liveliness of the rear ends of the faster cars, but after driving around some more I like it. It seems more realistic, and I think I have become a better driver because of that combined with the better ffb. When doing some laps around Mugello in the MP4-12c I found myself using the throttle to balance the car through turns and control the grip. When I felt the rear end starting to get a little loose I was pushing the throttle a little bit harder to shift some weight to the rear to get it back. Before the update I don't think I was ever using the throttle that precisely to control the cars. I have used that car very little prior to that, and it only took me a few laps to get to 105.7% of the WR time on RSR. A couple of days ago that would have been pretty much unthinkable for me on a combo that popular.

I've had a couple, but no freezes. The AI that retired were far enough behind that I couldn't see them though (even in the mirrors) so perhaps that had something to do with it?

SpriGgy and Niki Đaković like this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I wont be home til tonight, I hope I can get my servers up, what a great day to be busy lol. By any chance are ypu running a new server ini with default ports you havent opened in AWS?

15. norbs

norbs Alien

Nah, ports are all ok.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/cant-update-contect-on-server.25358/

I think it is to do with the content, but I cant work it out. It also asked for AssettoCorsa.exe at one point. I copied that across.

It all works fine on my home PC, just not on the AWS instance. I suspect I am missing something easy.

16. norbs

norbs Alien

Sort of kludged my way around it. I run the servermanager on my local PC and just upload the INI files and run acserver.

Not elegant, but works.

17. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

the only thing i miss is a s1/2 or a drift version of the gt86, i mean the car with ECO tyres is brillant but just like in rl it need more pooowaaar to keep those 3°gear drift :p

btw i dont get any deadzone in my g25, i am using fps cap at 62 and no vsync, 14 min ffb

18. Wish the GTR has fewer TC options haha.

19. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

can you guys please cut a little more grass on Zandvoort and make it a bit greener? :p It looks like one of those deserted tracks which is out of maintenance. Is it the case in real life?

VenomSRT likes this.
  20. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

Watch "CIRCUIT ZANDVOORT TRACKDAY 01/03/2015 ( CLIO 4 RS )" on YouTube

Niki Đaković likes this.