1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A guide to driving the e30 gr.a / dtm properly

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Vladiiiii, Mar 3, 2015.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

2. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

This is because the 190evo is an easier car to drive fast in general than the E30 DTM. 155 =AWD plus >50BHP more.

If I really really try the 190 evo around the tracks I mentioned in page 2 and after that doing the same in the E30 DTM, I'm faster 9 out of 10 times in the E30 DTM. I'ts a toss around-throw around car. And I'm already used to that.

And I'm not fanboy/ biased , I love the 190 too: as a matter of fact in the 80s when DTM was on TV I was a big Klaus Ludwig and 190 Evo fan(still am) , and didn't like the boxy E30 DTM at all, call it puberty lol.
    But true love never grows old. Kudos to the 190EVO as well...

http://www.frequency.com/video/lo-mejor-del-dtm-de-los-aos-90/128928916

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Check out how differs the default setups for both of them.
    I actually like to make Merc drive like a Beemer, make it more agile, but also more dangerous at the same time.

4. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

To me its the opposite. I hated the mercs back in the early 90´s (they won too much...), but in ac im forced to like it, its so good :D It isnt only faster, its easier too.

I only tested the three on nords after 1.1 , and the bmw had no chance, maybe on some other tracks. I had some good times with it on rsr so i guess i can setup it right, and no matter what i do, i cant make it go faster or even close to the merc or the alfa.

5. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

@Rodrigo Pires , I'm driving several tracks (green) with your (modded a bit) setup now and I'm staying ahead/winning @ 100% AI in my E30 M3 DTM vs 23 other ones(E30/190/155) so thanks, your (modded a bit to my likings) setup is great. The oversteer is still there, now less understeer in fast bends, and overall a more quite and stable car, sudden turn in with lifting any pedal still results in a tad of useable oversteer, which is my kind of driving. Strangely (I'm starting third, 2 190evo in front of me) I'm winning this time again.;)

EDIT, just for fun, yesterday I was also competing vs 23 other AI M3 @ Mugello, great fun, I'm the one @ P1, mostly steering with throttle(small angle) if possible. Man I love that car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The skin I'm using , 1990 Ravaglia Italian Superturismo

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Bringin this thread back from oblivion:)

E30 M3 GrA/DTM is my favourite original AC (non supercar-spec) car . I love it so much.

Is it a placebo effect or is the car easier to drive/brake than before 1.3?

It feels more planted default setup ( braking/lifting with/without throttleblip) less oversteery than before...

To lift or not to lift, that's the question.

Anybody?
    I know 1.3 is the way to go and thanks Kunos for all the fantastic effort and updates, this is not a complaint:)

Cheers
    Robin

arthur666 likes this.
  7. The Group A and DTM are definitely easier to drive after the 1.3 update, and most of that is because they have a lesser tendency to hit you in the face with your own arse when braking and/or downshifting. I still prefer the standard M3 E30 though :)

arthur666 and Robin_NL like this.
  8. They're all way easier to drive ( much nicer too ), they actually feel like the mechanics left all the damping fluid in now :p

arthur666 and Robin_NL like this.
  9. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

The GrA has always been my favorite race car in AC. After 1.2, it was borked up pretty good, but post 1.3, it's back to the way I remember it.