1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A quick vid of the nordschleife in the 401cr simulator...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PeriSoft, Mar 19, 2015.

1. PeriSoft

PeriSoft Gamer

This is my first post here, so I hope it allows me to embed something.

I did a quick vid of me driving (badly) around the Nordschleife in the 98t this morning; since this is the first time I've done a video of AC in our motion system I figured I'd post it here. Enjoy!

-David W.

Mogster, Gunja, mantasisg 2 and 26 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Quick questions about video recording May 13, 2015
    Screens & Videos Quick oculus rift dk2 video Oct 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Quick Race starting grid Sep 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster quick change Nov 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface Quick race menu: starting pos. not applied in between series (while opp. number does) Jul 19, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Quick temperature question. Oct 9, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Quick Q about VR settings if switching back to pancake monitor... Aug 25, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Quick change options between VR, Triple and desktop Mar 8, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Got update but quick question. Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 2020 Season Quick Race Max 23 AI [selecting Sprint entry will populate Sprint cup field] Jan 9, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Tracks in quickjoin public multiplayer Jan 8, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Starting qualifying in a Quick Start multi player race? Dec 3, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.6.1] HURACAN ST or P-CUP Quick Race Nov 21, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Quick join and Competition Server not working Nov 17, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC in VR with a 3080 Quick Note Nov 9, 2020

3. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

That's badass , every home should have one !!

Gunja and Patrik Marek like this.
  4. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

For a limited time only, purchase our motion rig and receive a month's supply of sick bags.

Also, I'm very envious :(.

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Nice!

What about trackir, that would move the driver's camera according to your movement. Example:

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@ 02.59 i almost **** myself!

hint: It was not only because of the speed

edit: Insane rig you got there!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Guillaume Francois likes this.
  7. alex72

alex72 Alien

Always wanted a Force Dynamics rig... First one i saw was like 100,000$ lol. :D

That looks sick though. Lucky! ;)

EDIT: Looking at the vid again... That looks kinda high up. Do they have more versions or is that "the one"? EDIT2: Ah ok, there is another one. Perhaps even more of them. But yeah, if you ever dont want it anymore, PM me for my adress. :D

BTW, it looks really good regarding forces/bumps/turns etc. Was that programmed in by Kunos to work with these things or does it pull data in another way? Not too familiar with these things.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  8. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

TOO much movement, Plain and simple. BIG movements like that Do not add to the immersion, if anything they break it. Since when do you get a YAW axis rotation as your going around a corner ? nice Amusement park ride imo.

LTC Mike (40plus) and Qwaribo like this.
  9. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

I don't think I could drive with it just too much movement. As nick says yaw is too much, the only time you should be going in circles is into the grass then the wall backwards. :)

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I dont feel good watching that but congrats on your creation

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  11. alex72

alex72 Alien

You do not see the "circles". The Force Dynamics rig creates "forces" making it "feel" like you actually turning. It creates sort of false g-forces. Driving it does not feel like watching it. Watching it looks insane. :D

Kristaps and Thomas Cameron like this.
  12. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Unless your in a FULLY enclosed 100% dark room, Your going to "See And feel" the Fake Yaw going on there.

Also Note the movement in the Karussell, Very much wrong.

13. nhitrac

nhitrac Gamer

I'd say its best to couple this with a VR headset e.g. Occulus. That way when you're 'spinning around in circles' you dont visually sense it, but rather feel it.

14. PeriSoft

PeriSoft Gamer

For your first point, yes, you can to some extent see the rest of the room around you. The motion illusion is definitely better when it's completely dark.

It's also substantially harder to film under those circumstances.

And, with a pretty big FOV on the display, you 'sink in' to the simulation surprisingly well. Video lights? Yeah, they're distracting when they reflect. But the ambient visuals aren't as bad as you might think at first.

As for "fake yaw" (and the previous poster's assertion that you wouldn't feel any yaw) - what? Why? The yaw in the 401cr is 1:1. It matches exactly the orientation of the vehicle being simulated. You're not used to seeing a car's rotation component separated from its translation component, so it appears to be 'too tight', but it is indeed accurate (except during extremely violent transitions). And, in fact, the gradual turns - the ones that happen not when you've got the tail hung out all gung-ho but the grippy transitions through esses and sweepers - turn out to benefit the most from that yaw feel. With normal simulators there's always a washout so you get incorrect motion literally half the time (the feeling can be mitigated but it's never perfect). With the cr your yaw feel is dead-nuts, all the time.

Finally, can you be more specific about what, exactly, is "Very much wrong" about the movement in the carousel? If there's something in particular that looks off, I can probably explain it, but responding to "Very much wrong" is a bit broad!

techx and Salad Fingers like this.
  15. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

If you cant tune a Profile for a Rig YOU sell, Im sure as heck not going to do it for you.

16. PeriSoft

PeriSoft Gamer

Right. But you'll take up your valuable time to tell me that it's wrong without specifying why, and then take up more of it insulting me when I politely offer to answer your post anyway. Gotcha!

17. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

It was a bit harsh,a little feedback would've been nicer.
    I honestly couldn't use your rig as I said just too much movement for me and I appreciate the fact it's simulating the cars position on track too.

Cheers

18. nhitrac

nhitrac Gamer

I dont think you guys are getting it re the yaw movement when turning a corner as youre visually trying to marry it up with how it would visually look in real life. Visually I agree, its not right. However the rig isn't trying to simulate the visual affects, but the forces you feel when in a turn.

Exaggerated for the purpose of this example: Lets say the rig applied a yaw rotation for 1 second and stops rotating, while your making a long 10 second turn. You feel the initial force of the rotation but what happens afterwards?

You still have 9 seconds of turn left with absolute no force sensation along the yaw axis - where as in real life you'd continue feeling the force on your body for the entirety of the 10 second turn.

To simulate the above correctly, the rig needs to apply a constant force and its only going to be able to do this by spinning around in circle.

Hence this brings me back to my first post above. This rig combined with a VR headset would be ***** fantastic!

19. Turk

Turk Alien

Welcome to the internet where dreams and achievement come to be trodden on.

It looks like an amazing machine, I think that's the only way to go. I've always been tempted by more affordable options but I've always felt like they wouldn't really cover enough of the forces to make it worthwhile spending money on them. It's just a shame they're beyond most peoples' budgets.

Have you tried it with the rift? I'd say you'd be completely immersed with a rift on.

20. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I wonder if TV will survive this much shaking over long period of time

PAKFA likes this.
  21. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I am surprised that a 6 point harness and DOT/Snell certified helmet aren't required :p
    I am pretty impressed and intrigued. Nice work! I can only imagine the oval racers in this thing. What the neighbors would think!
    ~Bailey