1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Absolutely loving this game!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by UK1337 $toney, Jul 1, 2014.

1. I got Assetto Corsa the other night as I saw it on Steam and I've never seen or heard of the game before. But once I'd seen what was being boasted about it I instantly installed it. I have to say I'm only using an Xbox 360 controller (this game has now made me purchase a £500 steering wheel kit) but I am absolutely loving this game. It couldn't be any more perfect. I've probably sat for the last 3 or 4 hours just drifting around the different tracks messing around with settings. BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks to the devs and every one involved in making this game. Any support my gaming community can provide please let me know. Donations/Servers anything at all. I'd like to help support this game development in any way possible.

GREAT JOB! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting "Fatal Error UE4 AC2" Absolutely no idea what i need to do or doing wrong? May 31, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Start with absolutely zero HUD? Apr 3, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Absolutely amazing interview with the master himself - Gordon Murray Jan 17, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Absolutely Love It Aug 27, 2016
    Tracks modding Issue: absolutely humongous track mesh Jun 6, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues The steering wheel vibrates / swings absolutely excessive Mar 4, 2015
    Screens & Videos It looks absolutely stunning Jan 28, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I’m loving it more and more. Jul 4, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Loving the custom championship mode! F1 inspired livery's in a GT2/GT3 cup. Jan 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room LOVING Assetto Corsa, is there any chance we'll see it constantly evolve indefinitely? Jul 9, 2016
    Screens & Videos Loving the new ruf (drifting action) Dec 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room New to assetto corsa and loving it Apr 27, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Loving it. 2 questions: Dec 8, 2013

3. Arch

Arch Alien

Welcome to the club, here's your complimentary guide.

UK1337 $toney likes this.
  4. finepot

finepot Racer

Have fun learning the wheel :p I had a blast learning the G27 :D

5. Arch

Arch Alien

Also don't run your FFB high. Aim for about 60 - 70% use of the total FFB in a normal turn in a streetcar with a wheel like you're gonna get.

For a super high end wheel, you can run pretty high actually to the point where you don't get any clipping or gear clunk or whatever unless you're just unreasonable with it.

UK1337 $toney and Kristaps like this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

lol, I like it, buys assetto corsa in steam sale, ends up spending €500. :D It's done it to me too, just about to order a fanatec clubsport shifter.

I have over 220 hours put into this game so far, I had a look through my other games in steam and the most I'd ever spent with any game on the list was 36 hours.

Check out skip barbers school of racing on youtube too, it helped me understand what I was doing wrong and definitely made me faster.

7. McNappa

McNappa Simracer

Welcome to the fold..best game purchase choice you will ever make.
    The community here is very friendly and helpful so any problems just ask.

8. Ody

Ody Racer

Well, no need for a new Thread about myself then.

I had a pirated copy of the game for some time. But boy oh boy, this game/sim is just astonishing. But the thing that really made me buy this game are the devs. Their dedication towards the community is just what every company needs, but rarely has. And when that company is just a group of hard working people and not a big multinational company, this makes it 10x times more worth. Just like the OP , i' m just using my trusted old Logitech rumblepad 2 , not exactly the best driving experience, but i' m hooked like hell.

Looking forward to play with you all in the servers. It's my first actual simulator, but im willing to try my best to keep up with all you good racers :D .

Deatroy likes this.
  9. You did the first 'right' thing by buying the game....now do the second 'right' thing and buy at least a DFGT wheel ASAP

Turk and GTHQ_koop like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

If you think AC is good with a controller, it's another level entirely with a wheel. spend as much as you can afford, don't just go for the cheap option, I'd say go for at least a G25/G27. Or start looking at fanatec, you can buy all the parts separately.

11. finepot

finepot Racer

THIS lol I started out with 360 controller, then bought a G27. After getting the G27, my mind was blown lol.

12. Ody

Ody Racer

My budget is literally zero, but yeah hopefully i' ll catch a summer job and do the "right" thing. It's hard to be competitive when throttle and brake are on the same stick :p , let alone stability with extreme cars like the exos. I'm so eager to get my blind blown like you guys, as i have never raced with a wheel before :D .

13. plaid

plaid Alien

@Ody You could steal a wheel first, try it out, bring it back and buy it, if you like it.

14. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

£500 steering wheel kit? wow you must be rich or crazy. You only need £200 for the G27 or £100 if you get the DFGT.