1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC and real life behavior

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by deepblue, Apr 7, 2016.

1. deepblue

deepblue Racer

I just need to post this because I was blown away...

Last week a colleague of me showed me this video from Nürburgring Nordschleife with the SCG003:

0:00 - 0:17

I found it amazing that the car lifts the front up when going over the crest before approaching Schwedenkreuz, haven't thought that this is even possible there (was of course way slower on my 2 real life laps there and remembered it not as this big).

The other day I thought "let's see how AC handles this car there", fired up AC, default setup and took the car out. Guess what?

The same thing happens in AC there :eek: !

Screenshot_ks_glickenhaus_scg003_ks_nordschleife_31-3-116-22-42-20.jpg

I was amazed after I saw it in the replay!

These are the little moments where I think Kunos has really done a SUPERB JOB with the physics @Aristotelis.

:)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong angle on the side mirrors compared to real life Mar 31, 2023
    Chit Chat Room AC "anti-rollbar stock setting" VS real life cars "anti-rollbar stock setting" Mar 16, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Real life cockpit videos Feb 9, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB vs Real Life - Something to Try Jul 18, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Real life VS AC - its still the Daddy Jul 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Lap times in heavy rain compared to real life Apr 22, 2020
    Chit Chat Room What does a semislick represent in real life? Jan 20, 2020
    ACC Physics Merc real life settings Jun 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Real Life Vehicles have ACC ..... May 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Real Life Simulation Q sessions Apr 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Minolin pls implement SA rating in real life! Apr 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Feedback from real-life drivers - discussion Jan 21, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Real-Life Motorsports - 2019 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 Dec 28, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Paul ricard acc vs real life Nov 19, 2018

3. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Simulation value confirmed.

D1visor, eXo, LeDude83 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rex

Rex Racer

That's amazing indeed. I love comparisons like this one, it makes me feel so good when driving AC and knowing this. I know how hard it is to make physics simulation and the level of complexity they achieved in AC is just unbelievable.

5. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

Yeah, but schwedekreuz speeds (the corner after) are still far too high (even with 95% grip and 9° track temperature) :D Speeds in general are far too high for SCG003C, unless it has no BOP applied to it. There is no way that a GT3 car can do 295kph down the Dottinger hohe into Tiergarten with 2-7 wing config... But still, 1.5 is an amazing improvement for GT3s, they actually feel, like they have grip ;)

6. phizz

phizz Simracer

I bet u guys can't do this there :cool:

miky likes this.
  7. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

I was actually happy to see the guy step out from behind the car on his own, that could've ended a lot worse. Comes to show how safe cars are becoming though!

arthur666 likes this.
  9. Safe or not, the driver of that car was extremely lucky to walk away from that.

arthur666 and miky like this.
  10. kikie

kikie Simracer

Hellz yeah, Kudos to Kunos.

11. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Why not make this thread a collection of comparison videos/pics? Would be nice and maybe useful for devs, too...

deepblue and Kopiller like this.
  12. phizz

phizz Simracer

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  13. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Wonder if anyone could replicate this kind of a crash in AC.. i don't think it's possible, collisions and "guardrails physics" are not up to par with reality i guess :)

D1visor likes this.
  14. I saw someone make a pretty good effort this evening (at Black Cat County Short) to emulate that "head over heels" crash. I think it was a white Ferrari F40, and the guy piled it at the first corner. You know, that "right, followed by tight left" combo that appears to have been deliberately designed for T1 disasters :eek::rolleyes: The car flew up into the air, and then bounced back across the track. Very impressive.

15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Why would it have BOP applied? It's not GT3 homologated.

16. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

it is not GT3 homologated, but it is gt3 spec... so it is a gt3 car and it competes against other gt3 cars IRL and in game.

17. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Racer

I saw an real Alpha 4C driving around Adelaide the other day, which is pretty rare, and did some laps in it around Nords in AC. If that's a realistic model, I'd say that's a pretty fine little car, quick, very stable and predictable. I always had trouble with the Lotus road cars in AC, the 4C is a winner.
    If I had $100 AUS, I'd love to have one (if you can find one....)!
    Any 4C drivers out there that can comment?

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, idk... the race car with (even with BoP applied) 530PS, 700Nm and 1350kg, that does supposedly a lap time of 6:42 around the Nordschleife... it got to be quick. And while it aims to be a GT3 car it's not always racing in GT3 classes so it's not clear what regulations apply. It raced in A6-Pro at Mugello but it races in SPX (for cars that don't fully comply to regulations) instead of SP9 (GT3) at VLN and we presumably got the VLN spec ingame as it's listed with the specifications I mentioned previously. And in the following video the car reached close to 280km/h at Fuchsröhre and Döttinger Höhe in traffic without being anywhere close to reaching the limiter and without pushing it hard on the cold track (there was snow on track the day before and the session start was delayed because of foggy conditions).

LeDude83 and Boris Lozac like this.
  19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Whoops, just noticed I wrote the wrong section, I meant *Schwedenkreuz. He went easy through Fuchsröhre.

On topic, can only agree with OP. When I first drove the Nordschleife ingame feeling the car lift off in some sections was just awesome and scary. :p And the game is also replicating the car itself really well down to the creaking of the chassis, maybe even the closest to the real thing (at the time as it's still developed) of all cars in the game.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  20. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

The GT86 is spot on as well. There's a whole thread on it.

Epistolarius likes this.
  21. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

I'm not talking about top speed at Schwedenkreuz, I'm talking about corner speeds. You can go 260kph through it with no sweat on kind of bad conditions. Now, the z4 on a nice day in clean air with high DF cannot do 260kph through there... Well, that's a lie, it could probably do it, but it would be very eventful (Keep in mind that the z4 is the grip lord of GT3) :D And as for the "final" straight goes, you cannot expect banging the limiter at 295 with high aero configuration... Cars run out of juice before reaching 280... It doesn't bother me, I'm not saying there is no simulation value, all I'm saying is, that I doubt it is possible.

I could as well be wrong, but I don't really care, because the cars are awesome to drive in this patch and I really don't care about the "realism" of the GT3 class, because there is just too much variables influencing the final result ;)