1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC on PS VR?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Jony_850, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...well it is simple then, if they manage to fix fps and tearing issue, they already fixed then the psvr experience, since if they hit stable 60fps, there is nothing to worry about, right?

Cheers...

2. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Marco Massarutto posted on fb today, screen tearing defeated, smoothness achieved. so lets hope.

gabriel2706 likes this.
  3. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I am hoping a lot, want the VR experience on this real bad. It is already quite amazing to drive and just think what VR could add to that!!

pippo10 likes this.
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I hope the rumor about some Sony Exec's referring to PSVR as being the "Sick Machine" turns out to be a compliment and not the negative nickname implied.

In AC's case, it can certainly be demanding to run in VR on the PC so it may be a tall order for the console. Time will tell but, best wishes to those that stand to benefit from AC+PSVR; AC in VR is a great experience and PSVR can help grow the overall VR game market if all goes well.

5. magzire

magzire Alien

New ps4 pro is out November. I wonder if AC will benefit from the extra gpu power. Or does it require new coding from kunos?

Skemekos123 likes this.
  6. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...there is no coding needed,it is basicaly same machine with more power, so all you'll see is more fps if they don't change graphics fidelity or number of cars on track.

Cheers...

7. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Whilst I am desperate to play this in VR, I would prefer not to have to shell out again for the PS4 Pro too soon!

8. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Same here, but I couldn't resist preordering it lol

the-D- and BistoKid like this.
  9. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

Assetto is amazing and the next best thing would be assetto with PSVR All I play are sim racing games and I have pre-ordered PlayStation vr and the thought of only being able to play drive club on it using my wheel makes me sick to my stomach and project cars is garbage they said that it would be PSVR compatible day one but with all the bugs in the game and them refusing to update it do something to fix it I have very high doubts that they kept there word I don't think pcars is PSVR day one or ever compatible so my options are Assetto Corsa and GT SPORT so assetto could very well be the app for PSVR and PSVR be the app for assetto especially with GT SPORT set to who knows what date and Sony being Sony I know they would give them a PSVR to get another name on there HMD

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Skemekos123, alecrx and BistoKid like this.
  10. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Agreed, PC racers have VR in AC and many including 'Gamer Muscle' on YouTube have praised it. I would think Kunos have PSVR in their sights, it is just where it lies within their priorities.

This would be the 'first real driving / racing sim with VR support on console!'

PCars failed to fulfil the VR promise as you said and GT Sport unsurprisingly delayed. Driveclub VR... pretty arcade racer...not for me thanks.

Let's hope Kunos add this support to an already wonderful game so we can experience what some fortunate PC users are already!

11. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I'm looking forward to Driveclub VR, but will be over the moon if Assetto Corsa gets PSVR support!
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

LOW-LOWS and BistoKid like this.
  12. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Ok, a pretty arcade racer may just bridge the gap until something sensible comes along...

I'm hoping AC !!! Please Kunos !??!

Skemekos123 likes this.
  13. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

For PS VR a game has to go at least at minimum 60Fps solid stable to avoid sickness, but, sony said it's better to aim for 90Fps.

[​IMG]

And in one of the last interviews to kunos from red bull they've said that there would be PSVR on the normal PS4 due hardware limitations... Maybe on the updated PS4 (PS4 Pro)

"Do you plan to support other headsets incoming. Say, PlayStation VR?
    With the PlayStation, of course our first priority is to get the game out so as many people as possible can enjoy it. When it comes to the PS version of VR, the big problem is performance there but, you know, they may be coming out with that new upgraded model.

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331796496220/assetto-corsa-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-interview

14. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Hmm... now I have to persuade my wife that I need yet another new console... Arghh!!!

I won't devise my plan until Kunos have confirmed though.

15. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

Today i tested Kitchen,Eve Valkyre and Drive Club on psvr and is good feel but bad visuals...really desapointed of PSVR... I go test it with PSPro on day 10 next mounth but...i think is better wait until PS VR v2 is out... Overal experiance is worst what i expected...and im desapointed ..1000% more satisfy is play on 65inch HDR TV ... Let see if with Pro is better...but in any case before you guys buy VR first test it...is not like all youtubers tell us how cool is it and how good looks... Its not true..we was 6 friends on test and no one likes it and whant buy it ...we go wait...

16. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

OK, for me I was extremely happy with PSVR. Considering I'm close to 50yrs old, I grew up with the whole gaming era and have seen the ugliest games ever but for the time, they were amazing. Now we have VR but I feel they are far from terrible. You will never know until you try it, so for anyone considering, try before you buy.

For me it was better than expected, depth, immersion, scale are fantastic. Visuals are great and not so great but so what, it's new tech. Driveclub demo was awesome on my rig, felt like I was sitting in the Bac Mono, looking out over the side were amazing, leather stitching and glossy carbon fibre bodywork, wow. OK the visuals outside have a loss of clarity but there is a lot going on. On a race track there is far less detail outside and can't wait for a realistic racer to show me it can really be done.

I love it personally but appreciate your comments, just don't expect the same fidelity as you get on the flat screens but appreciate the immersion that you cannot ever get from a TV.

the-D-, delahosh and Cote Dazur like this.
  17. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...I still think the problem is PS4 itself not PSVR. Hoping to get hands on it on PC, then it will shine in it's full glory, and it will be the cheapest of all of three...

Cheers...

18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

You can use the PSVR on all devices with an Hdmi output and play or view movies with it,but the quality of his screen is still bader than an HDTV.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ion-vr-cinema-mode-works-with-xbox-one-and-pc

SkechBG likes this.
  19. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

So any updates?

This game runs in VR on PC so surely Kunos will suuport PS4 VR.

Or is it not worth their time because they'll profit less than they'd like?

20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well, look some of my posts...seems to be that compatibility with PSVR on normal PS4 will be a no cause lack of performance but on the PS4 pro it can be possible to get the compatibility with PSVR.

Anyway, before they try to achieve the compatibility with PSVR they better work on the game to make it more like the PC version and with the minimum requirements for sim games today.

(personalised button mapping,calibration screen, Telemetry screen, tyres temperature and degradation on HUD, online leaderboards, private personalised lobby's,false start system,tarmac type and grip levels..)

At least physics, driving and FFB are mostly on par with the PC version (mising some FFB options, tyre versions,brake temperature,false start system)