1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC on PS VR?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Jony_850, Sep 2, 2016.

1. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

Well said buddy great to have ppl like you bringing up and reiterating what really needs attention.

Donnced2 likes this.
  2. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I don't think we'll get the full on experience until vr screens are 4k which will mean a much more powerful playstation. Maybe ps4pro could run it, however rather than release a top notch psvr with the price to match, sony probably wanted to get as many headsets out there into homes as they could and maybe hoping those people would have the taste for vr to pony up for a pricier better psvr2 in the fute. My friend has psvr and is loving it.

BistoKid likes this.
  3. Xero

Xero Gamer

I think PSVR support would really help sell AC on PS4. As a PC player I currently have no interest in purchasing the PS4 version, but PSVR would completely change that. I hope the devs are considering it!

Been playing Driveclub VR, and while it's a fantastic experience and good fun, the physics are firmly in the sim-cade camp. I'm craving the idea of playing AC on it!

4. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

I think waiting on PSVR on Assetto Corsa is not a good idea because in a short time people are going to take other experiences like driveclub VR witch I have but I don't find it to be as fun as AC and with PSVR being so fresh on the market people are now looking for games they want to play and for us racing & hot laping "SIM" guys this is a opportunity to help promote assetto only if KUNOS and the developer team for assetto jump on it driveclub is OK at best I have it to so I can drive something in VR and once Gran Turismo SPORT is near and VR compatible day 1 all other racing games on PlayStation are going to have a falling out or a extremely hard time so AC & PSVR I'm my opinion not only should happen but must happen it least that is what I want to believe now someone who knows Logistics and marketing would know better and that's not my thing but it makes sense

Neil Goodinson and paul_wev like this.
  5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well... If you got to buy Ps4pro (400€) + PSVR (400€) + obligated camera (60€) + Assetto Corsa (50€) + Psplus for online (50€) and hope that your wheel is compatible with PS4 = 960 €.......

Having already a PC and assetto corsa.. Well,you can better go for oculus Rift that by the way, got double screen, 2K resolution, better headtracking and roomscale and more lateral degrees view than PSVR.

And the oculus Rift are now available for 699€ so you will have 261 € extra to improve your PC even with a good graphic card...

6. Riccardo

Riccardo Racer

Ahahah sorry but this is a joke? Your calculations should also include the cost of a PC for a right comparation.
    PC (1500 €) + oculus rift (699€) + Assetto Corsa (50€) + server for to play online own league (78€ 1 year) and hope that your wheel is good for pc .
    Total cost for play AC on pc = 2327 €
    Total cost for play AC on ps4 pro = 960 €

;)

7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

I'm sorry, but Learn to read before replying someone.
    The user i replied got already a PC and don't have a PS4.

Assetto Corsa 50€? On PC in steam 30€ and you can find the game for around 20€
    https://www.instant-gaming.com/es/1263-comprar-key-steam-assetto-corsa/

Server??? You've got also free servers (more inestable but free) on PS4 you have to pay yes or yes if you want to play online

And in PC you don't have problems with wheels... You can play with fanatec, trusthmaster, logitech,like the DFGT, G25, G27 and moded wheels...all What you like.

By the way, you don't need a 1500€ PC to use oculus.
    With an 800€ PC you can already move oculus and with higher performance and specs than a console.

paulieGTR likes this.
  8. Xero

Xero Gamer

Actually, I do own a PS4, and PSVR, and have pre-ordered the PS4 Pro. Those were being bought regardless of AC, as I'm a firm believer/fan in the content available for them. I'll hold off on a PC headset until the resolution hits 4k, so PSVR it is for this generation.

While wheel compatibility is an issue, I've successfully made my own adapter that allows me to use my G27 on the PS4, as a G29.

9. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

PSVR only hits 1080p (even with Ps4pro)
    On PC both headsets are already in 2K resolution.
    With better framerate, headtracking, roomscale, lateral degrees view.

And the G29 already has direct compatibility with PS4 (the only from logitech) but even...in PC you have more freedom and wheels possible, like the direct drive wheels...

And realy,having Assetto on PC(ways and ways better than console versions) with the 900 euros you spend (PSVR +camera + ps4pro) for 600 you got the oculus Rift, way better..

But everybody's free to spend his money like he wants..

But personally.. Find it a stupid move.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2016
  10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

from all the reviews I've watched there is little difference between psvr and rift using the same game. There is a difference in but only slight. I have a concern that us console sim race fans are gonna be left in the cold with psvr support though.

11. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

It's soon to say... The One that will have support on PSVR is GT Sport, and we all no that it's more a simcade.. Not a genuine simulation game like assetto.

Even the project cars guys said that they don't now if they will make the compatibility with PSVR, because it will depend on how much they have to trim the game..

So let's see with the Ps4pro.

Good thing about oculus Rift is that there are already a good bunch of simracing games patched and compatible with Rift

-Assetto
    -Iracing
    -Dirt Rally
    -Project C.A.R.S
    -Automobilista
    -Raceroom...

Let's see what the future brings to the PSVR.

pippo10 likes this.
  12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

One person asked directly to Stefano about assetto on PSVR.

That is the reply :

[​IMG]

13. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

I would rather them try and say no it dusnt work or its not up to our standards then just say its unlikely

paul_wev likes this.
  14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

why lol? They probably have no plans but maybe if they have some spare time they will test the waters. The game needs to run solid on ps4 before they can consider psvr.

15. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Oh well, guess I will need to put my hopes into GT Sport and make do with DriveClub VR. As much as I would have loved to have had AC VR it was a tall ask.

My issue now is that since PSVR came out I have not played anything else but VR games.

Appreciate the feedback though!

paul_wev, Donnced2 and LOW-LOWS like this.
  16. Markoes

Markoes Rookie

BistoKid and Riccardo like this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

automobilista and raceroom doesnt have VR support.

18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

The difference between console and PC is if in console the don't make officially the game for VR you have nothing.
    In PC if the dev don't patch the game for oficial VR others can do it and you can play

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I will need to look up if this still works. :)

Donnced2 likes this.
  20. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I have been looking at this and was hoping to get a PC sim racer to run on my PSVR headset... I hope they pull it off !!

paul_wev likes this.