1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Truly hope thats going to happen sometime soon, like they did on AC. They managed to increase performance by quite an impressive margin back then. My i5 6600k is not having a good time pushing my triples, even with gfx settings to the lowest possible pretty much everywhere, which makes the game looks so bad. I get really bad stutters too, to the point where its undrivable sometimes.

2. Odbball

Odbball Racer

If I do not use v-sync or FPS limiter it all runs fine, no tearing.

if I turn on FPS limiter I get tearing.

is that normal?

3. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

It depends. if you set the fps limiter = refresh rate of the screen the tear will appear static = more noticeable.
    If you set the fps limiter above or below the refresh rate the tear will move up and down the screen = less noticeable.

I set my fps cap at 80 for 3x 72hz screens. Less input lag and less noticable tearing.

4. Stains

Stains Simracer

If its tearing with vsync on that means your dropping below the monitors refresh rate !

Snoeipaard likes this.
  5. Stains

Stains Simracer

What FPS are you getting with your 2600/1080Ti ? What settings and how many Ai ?

6. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Depends the track, weather and time of day... But i generally get 50-60fps on Racestart/full Pitlane (massive CPU bottleneck with low GPU utilization) and 80fps after a lap or two (19 AI). Multiplayer usually hovers in the same area with only big grids tanking my framerate to below 80 at all times.
    Medium Settings, Volumetric Effects off, 20 cars and Shadows on High.

Also it's triple screen and the triple screen on/off option is insanely power hungry, decreasing fps by a absolute minimum of 10% and at times by up to 20% (at high fps [100+] it can go up to a whopping 30% decrease in fps). In ACC triple 1080 pretty much equals to a single 4k screen at 95% resolution scale or so, it's tough.

7. Stains

Stains Simracer

Im only somewhat recent to triples and was on a 40" 4k monitor prior , i did the math and thought that seeing 5760x1080 was 6 million pixels that i would have an easier time with triples than 4k but it turns out to be very similar only taxing the CPU more than i had calculated ! Anyway i found some great settings but i have to limit Ai to 19 so i can pretty well hold 60 fps at all times now :) Settings are epic for the most part , its just shadows and mirrors that needed lowering (well to me they are the settings i can notice , the other settings i have lowered i cant see difference, effects, PP, blurr and foliage -dont care) and it is at 110% res scale . Just wish i could run better mirrors :(

moeppling likes this.
  8. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Like i mentioned it's the triple screen on/off option that kills performance since the first iteration of triple screen support. If this ever gets improved i'll be locked to 80fps, maybe 90fps with my settings no problem (ignoring the cpu bottleneck).

I'm not sure if mostly epic Settings are worth the input lag at 60 fps. I can feel a huge improvement with 80fps @ 60hz.

9. Stains

Stains Simracer

If I turn the triple option off then there is the warped screens! No thanks.
    I watched Niels vodeo on ACC and did the same test and ran ACC at 140fps (single player /lower settings), I can definitely feel the improvement but then there is the tearing and mismatch frames causing non smooth game play even at 140fps! I did about 10 laps like that, got my time and then went back to my settings at 60fps. While it took me a few laps to adjust, I quickly matched the times and even beat it. I prefer the smooth motion of vsync and while 140fps was bloody low latency I didn't want to get used to that until I have higher Hz monitors and a PC that can drive them at those Hz!

Snoeipaard likes this.
  10. Clockmaster77

Clockmaster77 Rookie

I'm a long time Assetto Corsa player and now I have just bought Assetto Corsa Competizione. Firstly thanks Kunos for letting such an advanced sim play straight in single player on my dear old AMD FX-8150 with up to 12 cars simulated in medium-high detail on a GTX1070 8GB. Only a suggestion: when I select more than 16 cars simultaneously the game obviously stutters and slow down due to the old CPU, and with 24 cars it practically locks. It would be useful an option with an esteem on actual cpu performance, with a warning message to prevent users to select a number of contemporary vehicles that exceeds its pc performance. On the contrary, no problems in multiplayer so far except sometimes some server line loss also in optical fiber line, but this is not an hardware issue and is off topic. Great game, way to go!

PC Specs: AMD FX-8150, 16Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX1070 8Gb, SSD
    Game setup: 1920X1080 or 2560x1440 screen resolution, Microsoft Sidewinder USB FFB Wheel (and it WORKS! Long LIVE AC/ACC!), Xbox 360 pad

11. Kris.May

Kris.May Gamer

Try lowering your game resolution. Im on custom mostly epic settings and on 1920x1080(125% scale) i get 65fps on 20AI. But on 1680x1050 i get 83fps on start and upto 110fps after lap 2. I dont see any noticeable graphical difference on my 24inch screen.

12. Clockmaster77

Clockmaster77 Rookie

Thank you for your advice. In multiplayer obviously I can let the full HD and I have played some very nice and quite fluid race indeed (I think my gtx1070 can also play it in 2560x1440, I have done some trying and it appears to work) . In single, where the cpu is much more stressed by other cars physics simulation, I will surely use your suggested 1680x1050, probably so I can put 16 visible cars. I'll let you know the results. A question: I set the FPS limiter to 60 FPS since my 27" QHD is at 60hz. Do you suggest to remove the limiter? Thanks again

13. Kris.May

Kris.May Gamer

I have a 65hz monitor and i have my fps limiter disabled. I get minimal tearing. I think the screen resolution is more on cpu bound rather than gpu. I have R5 2600 and 1070ti, on 1920x1080 my gpu useage maxes out to 65% only because of cpu bottleneck. I think MP will produce same results.

14. Clockmaster77

Clockmaster77 Rookie

Don't know for sure, But basing on facts, when playing in single player, often I receceive the warning message "cpu usage is more than 99%" and I have some very little and occasional but annoying stuttering, while until now in MP the races appears really fluid (but I haven't access to competition server yet due to my novice rating, so I will let you know when I'll have access to full scale 24 cars or more races). Bye!

15. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that you're occasionally dipping under 60fps in single player mode, because of the impact the AI has on your CPU.

If this is the case, then the stutter could be caused by having the limiter at 60. To solve this you can either turn down your settings to where you can hold the frame rate above 60 at all times, or remove the limiter/disable vSync.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  16. Clockmaster77

Clockmaster77 Rookie

Thank you very much, I'll try

Snoeipaard likes this.
  17. Stains

Stains Simracer

I get drops below 60 with more than 19 Ai and it is definitely CPU related because my GPU usage drops but i have never seen the CPU warning ! I've seen it in AC because some mods cause issues but even though i am CPU limited in ACC it never shows :confused: I just choose to stay at 18 Ai and im pretty golden and i play with the resolution scale slider going from 130% down to 105% depending on track and time of day .

Snoeipaard likes this.
  18. Clockmaster77

Clockmaster77 Rookie

I confirm my guessing : in single play can't add more than 12 cars, whatever the screen res. In multiplayer, I can easily almost max out the detail in 2K 2560x1440 and play with any number of cars with no problems at all. Not a particular issue for me, since I plan to do small tournaments in single player and to play much more in multiplayer. Anyway I hope the single player performance will be increased on future releases.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

How do you run 75Hz on the ku6400, w/c I believe is 60Hz?
    Edit: Oh sorry, thought I read 75Hz, rather fps.

OT: How do you find the result of downscaling from 4k to 1080p? Just asking as I've read some mention downscaling isn't as good as 1080p native monitors, when running at 1080p. Thanks.

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Now that I have a more CPU grunt I am playing around with this option. What I do not understand is if I set this to either "Ultra" or "On" via the control panel it sets the max pre-rendered frames to 1 in nV Inspector. I would expect this for "On" as nVidia suggest this however not for Ultra. If they are both set to 1 how does it differentiate the difference in queued frames?