1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Safety Car

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Zorasht, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Sparten

Sparten Racer

I thinks it already planned, but I might also have looked places where others have not ;)

2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Would be cool to have some source but i personally never heard anything about safety car and i have been on all networks from devs fb profiles twitter instagram forums since beggining never heard anything.

Lets hope next update will bring us the safety car so we can have proper formation lap :D

3. Turk

Turk Alien

It really isn't a must have feature. Safety cars aren't an integral part of racing, just a necessary evil while the track is made safe again. If there was any way to avoid them in the real world they would, as they try to avoid them with the virtual safety car.

The bottom line is safety cars just aren't necessary in sim racing. They would serve no real purpose and become a canned effect.

Not saying I don't want safety car, it would be nice if it's there, but if it's not there it's not a big loss for all the use it would get.

Dookie, KRoman47, jaxx_za and 2 others like this.
  4. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

^ exactly this

5. Typer

Typer Simracer

Great summary Rehooja, thanks for that.

The aspect of a SC that most interests me by far is the bunching up of cars and the new battles for position it would create. The part that most concerns me is being forced to shlep around the track behind it for large proportions of a short race.

Now, please forgive me if this suggestion sounds a bit too simcade, but what if the duration an SC was on track was proportional to the length of the race? If an SC could be deployed from, and withdraw to multiple different points around the track and not just from the pits, such that you’re only forced to slow down for just two or three corners in a 15 min race, then I could see that being an overall fun enhancer.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I vote on that.

This topic is so fun, guess most of the guys here don't know about how many years ago racing sims have SC.

7. Typer

Typer Simracer

Not having played any other games with SC, I’d be very interested to hear from those who have, how they have implemented it and how well it works (or not, as the case may be).

Thanks.

8. Typer

Typer Simracer

Intriguing! Care to give us a clue where we might find such a hint. Buried within an option file maybe? I would go spelunking myself, but I’m not with my rig right now.

9. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

Just to further add to my thoughts on why I like the idea ;

- think of it as a penality. It will force drivers ahead to avoid crashes as it would risk them losing the lead. Rather than getting rear ended by trying to block often might make sense to let them through.
    - I don’t think the car needs to virtually exist but where it forces everyone to gather again in formation like at the start of a game where it avoids people from exceeding others with some scripting

10. Boller

Boller Gamer

I just finished the first DGFX endurance league race (iRacing) where the a full SC is implemented although it is a multi class event so they need live marshalls as iRacing‘s SC implementation can’t deal with different classes as of yet. So what the RC needs to do is manually announce a wave by and open close the pit lane.
    Altogether a full SC or a virtual SC creates a more exciting and close racing experience especially for endurance series.
    And every participant was really happy that we had this SC, I don’t think there was a single complain.
    I don’t know if it will work as good in sprint races under 1hour and public lobbies you might end up having a race just behind the SC.

Here is the link to the broadcast of this race

and the link to the regulations for who is interested
    http://www.dgfxracing.com/copy-of-downloads

11. Sparten

Sparten Racer

I use GitHub.

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I'm confused. Sim racers typically want everything to be as realistic as possible, down to the most minute and irrelevant details (my driver's underwear is modeled incorrectly!). A very real thing that happens in races all around the world is a safety car comes out and mixes up the race or completely turns it on its head. But no, we don't want this feature because we prefer to just have the aliens stretch out an insurmountable lead and have no variables in the race that could shake things up. o_O There's any number of ways to implement a safety car in a fashion that can mix up the race and make things more interesting without having all the boring parts of real safety cars, I'd be in favor of it. VSC in sim racing would be pretty pointless though since it doesn't do much to shake up the race.

13. Turk

Turk Alien

They could simplify the safety car to a safety line that travels around the track at a set speed and people catch up to it and stay behind it. That would simplify the safety car. The issue still remains how long do you keep this false hold up going? If you want it to be realistic it should stay in place for a lap or two at least. Or it could turn off as soon as the last car has caught up and the pack is together. But it still serves no real purpose other than to undo all the work people have done up to that point. Yes it adds drama and in the real world it's just a part of racing now, and again, I have nothing against having a safety car system in the game, I just don't think it's as simple as people think it would be.

14. Typer

Typer Simracer

Thanks Boller. Got a timestamp for the SC? That’s one long-*** race. Cheers.

15. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

It's not an absolute necessity at this moment in time, but eventually it would be a great thing to have in the game to really spice up the racing.

I know certainly some of the more serious league races would appreciate having an SC and FCY.

16. Typer

Typer Simracer

Ahhhh, so I see :)

17. Boller

Boller Gamer

Haha, it is indeed all together it started at 1pm and finished around 8pm. But so much fun. We started before last and ended up 3rd.

The first caution is starting at 58min mark. I going to have a look for the other ones later.

18. Boller

Boller Gamer

2nd caution 1h32
    3rd caution 2h58
    4th caution 3h38
    5th caution 4h1

Arlo likes this.
  19. Typer

Typer Simracer

Thanks Boller! I’ll check ‘em out.

Boller likes this.
  20. Michael Rhein

Michael Rhein Rookie

we are kunos, we don't want to simulate a sinking.

I have a 30 min race and the car before me have a crash.
    And I drive in he full.
    I can drive on the pit and must repair my car.
    My 3th place is broken... Place 23.

With a savetycar I still had a chance.

Assetto Corsa is a complete simulation, Kunis wants as little work as possible.
    not even the SA rating works properly.

With the update on 1.8

the system requirements would be secretly changed so that I could no longer play.
    I don't even want to start with the AI.

Acc ist not a real simulation.
    A real simulation also includes AI, Rating and savetycar.

if you really want to drive (unfortunately without savetycar) but want a good AI and good inmibe opponents and a good rating, then there is only raceroom and iracing.

acc is for the masses but not for people who are serious about simulation :)

chksix likes this.