1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS ACC Shared Memory Documentation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Fernando Barbarossa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Racer

Based on my quick check, it seems there are no new additional fields in the shmem structs.

The shmem still reports AC version as 1.7. I submitted a bug report on that.

Only thing is the car ids + track name from the game. These seem to be the car identifications
    ferrari_296_gt3, 32
    lamborghini_huracan_gt3_evo2,33
    porsche_992_gt3_r, 34
    and the Valencia track id seems to be
    Valencia, 24

Still waiting for the brake balance etc. data ...

Cheers.

expor likes this.
  2. cgfdoo

cgfdoo Rookie

Yeah, observing the same, this is mildly annoying

Actually, scratch that. I am receiving correct-ish values. SMVersion reads 1.9 for me while ACVersion reads 1.7 for me

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  3. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Racer

Yes, exactly. The SM is supposed to be the Shared Memory version, and it was 1.9 also with the 1.8 AC branch, i.e. since last change of the structs. The ACVersion has been 1.7 for quite some time.

Cheers.

4. Schmetti

Schmetti Rookie

Hello everyone

I had started a project on paper a long time ago and wanted to start developing it after a long break.

Unfortunately, I can no longer find the SharedMemoryReader.dll. I had saved the link "https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/modding-docs/", but unfortunately the page is no longer available.
    The project should be realized in C#.

Also the GitHub repos I had saved haven't received any commits for at least 2 years.

Can you help me and maybe recommend one or two good repos?

Cheers

5. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

There looks to be an issue with the static region dryTyresName - This is still reporting "DHE" for 2022 tracks - my understanding is it should be DHF now.

At the moment, there is no differentiation in SHM or UDP of the track year and the only way I can infer it on the client side is by the tyre (ie DHD2 = 2018/19, DHE is probably 2021 and I was hoping DHF would tell me that we are on 2022 tracks). Why does this matter? People like to categorise their sessions and presumably there is a difference in tyre performance and BoP between years

Cheers,
    Doug

ACC Results Companion
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/

6. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

I've kept this https://github.com/coderMaff/ACCSharedMemory fork of the ProBun C# ACC Shared Memory library up to date (as far as 1.8). I think it's right, just keep in mind the it uses System.Timers so it gets a bit flakey once you get below 14ms resolution and you'd be best to code your own timers if you need more.

Maff

7. Mattze

Mattze Gamer

Just want to ask when the updated version 1.9 of the shared memory documentation will be uploaded?

8. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

Are there any updates announced?

9. Mattze

Mattze Gamer

The 3 new cars from 2023 season?

10. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

Only numbers in the API, so no change...

11. papand7

papand7 Rookie

I am trying to figure out how to get the "Race Countdown" time/State when a race is about to start before players are able to drive.

Is this possible through the API?

12. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

According to my own investigations, you only can get the green flag.

13. papand7

papand7 Rookie

Dang, well i guess i can work with that, how do i access that?

14. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

C++: (SPageFileGraphic*)m_graphics.mapFileBuffer)->flag == AC_GREEN_FLAG)

15. Mattze

Mattze Gamer

The last times the documentation was also updated without changes. Would be useful to have IDs, max steer angle, etc. at one page.

16. Sander Jacobs

Sander Jacobs Rookie

Is there any info in the sharedmemory that i can use to check if i'm in a team race or solo race?
    I've found the Drivername info but that is only for myself if i'm correct

17. Kadman

Kadman Rookie

I am building a project that needs the absolute slip angle in degrees. I tried using physics.wheelSlip but the values are sort of weird. They work if I want to do a ratio but it doesn't seem they are real absolute angles. Here is what I'm currently doing, which works but doesn't give me an absolute angle but rather a ratio:

Code:
    # slip
            slipFrontLeft = mapNum(info.physics.wheelSlip[0], 0, 10, 0, 1)
            slipBackLeft = mapNum(info.physics.wheelSlip[2], 0, 10, 0, 1)
            slipFrontRight = mapNum(info.physics.wheelSlip[1], 0, 10, 0, 1)
            slipBackRight = mapNum(info.physics.wheelSlip[3], 0, 10, 0, 1)
            slip_ratio_front = round((slipFrontLeft + slipFrontRight) / 2, 3)
            slip_ratio_back = round((slipBackRight + slipBackLeft) / 2, 3)
            # Initializing understeer and oversteer
            understeer = 0
            oversteer = 0
            # Calculate understeer or oversteer
            if slip_ratio_front > slip_ratio_back:
                understeer = slip_ratio_front - slip_ratio_back
                print("Understeer: ", understeer)
            elif slip_ratio_back > slip_ratio_front:
                oversteer = slip_ratio_back - slip_ratio_front
                print("Oversteer: ", oversteer)
            else:
                oversteer = 0
                understeer = 0
    I also tried slipAngle, tyreSlip and slipRatio but they all are not what I am looking for. Does anyone know how to extract this absolute slip angle?

18. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

That is indeed very complicated stuff and not at as easy as in your approach. Maybe you want to take a look into the attached research paper.

Attached Files:

19. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

And I think, what you are trying to achieve is already fully implemented in my software package. It is Open Source, so you can "steal" from it...

https://github.com/SeriousOldMan/Si.../Setup-Workbench#real-time-telemetry-analyzer

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
  20. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

Actually not obviously, but I think, the car IDs are above 1000 for online races.