1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS ACC V1.6 improved tyre model and DHE 2020 compound!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Herr_Berlin

Herr_Berlin Rookie

As i couldn`t find any information regarding GT4's: I'm training for a league race on Monza for a race on friday. So i feel like i can really compare between before and after the patch. There really is a difference in feel. But as i'm reading the thread here, this has not to do with the DHE tires since there is no DHE for the GT4, is that right? Eventhough, i experienced on longstint runs, that the sudden drop off of grip after a couple of laps is less significant and the performance during the stint seems more stable. Which in my understanding should be a feature of DHE?!
    The training server of the community is set on 2019, as the admins said.

2. trutya

trutya Simracer

thank you

3. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

This dev post alone gets my £££

4. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

It should be DHD2. The shower wear, which you experiencing ,is probably thanks to new tire physics improvements.

AndyK70 likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

New tyres and physics feel great on the Audi Evo. It is a bigger change than I thought it would be.

Excellent work Aris!

Q: If I choose the 2015 Audi R8 LMS on a 2020 MP server do I get get the new DHE tyres..?

FriendOfJah and After_Midnight like this.
  6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

AndyK70 and Coanda like this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@WallyM - G'day Wal.. :)

Thanks mate that clears that up.. I was a little confused by that one. I thought it may have only been for none Evo cars that also competed in 2020 alongside it's Evo sister car.. The Audi were all Evo's in real life so I was not sure about this dinosaur in ACC..

WallyM likes this.
  8. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Really enjoying the new handling, ACC just becomes more and more addictive with each new update.

I have a question regarding kerbs and loss of tyre pressures with the new tyre model. I was in an offline practice session with AI at Zolder. My tyre pressures were good at around 27.6 but then started to drop off after about 10 laps but ambient and track temperatures remained constant. I looked into Motec and saw a loss of pressure relating to riding kerbs. It was the final chicane at Zolder and I did not hit it hard as I was pretty consistent throughout the session . There was no loss of pressure in 1 lap where I hit the chicane on the back straight pretty hard. I never had a problem with the previous tyre model.

Is this now a feature in the new model that you cannot ride kerbs with normal tyre pressures?

upload_2020-11-20_8-21-33.png

Attached Files:

9. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

It always has been like this. Obviously the correct pressure keeps the tyre in place... but it can still happen if the tyre gets a big spike to release some pressure. The risk is very low, but as you witnessed, it can still happen. Because the whole effect is not scripted but dynamic, there's always a risk of riding certain kerbs very aggressively, as it could happen in real life.

So to answer your question: "can I lose pressure on kerbs even with correct pressures?"
    answer: "highly improbable, but there's always a risk."

10. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Thank you! This question came up already some times. Now we got the answer. :D
    Absolutely awesome, that even this is dynamic and not a canned effect.

FriendOfJah and After_Midnight like this.
  11. J.Osap

J.Osap Gamer

Si Grazie ad Aris, molto chiaro come sempre.

12. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

This tyre model thing is a big change on both cars I tried (Porsche and Audi Evo). You lose the rear more easily both on braking and on throttle. I still use the aggressive setup but now I put the BB more forwards and increase TC by 1 notch. Otherwise it's just disaster on, in particular, the slow corners. I'm quite a bit slower, but I think I'm not the only one struggling if I look around :)

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Is losing the rear because of the tyre change, or the yaw aero change?

Coanda likes this.
  14. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I don't know, it's mainly a low speed / medium speed thing for me so I thought it would be something mechanical. Then again the slow corners have the biggest jaw angles... I just find the change quite pronounced.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

[​IMG] :D

yaw:
    [​IMG]

16. Sheptek

Sheptek Rookie

Any word on when we can expect the update to the IGT tracks to use the new tyre?

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

o_O

sissydriver likes this.
  18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

why do you expect it to be an update? It could also be a new dlc "IGT 2020", couldn't it?
    New/modified tracks, new cars, new liveries...

Want2BFast and sissydriver like this.
  19. hello,

Is there a chance that car setups get update? For now I was casually driving aggressive sets (I don't have much hours in ACC). But with new tires model it's like "drift fest" :/

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^
    I do seem to find it is easier to get the car to have a slight, easily controllable oversteer/drift in some corners.

Which I rather like, feels RL, and helps the car rotate in some corners, and although maybe not fast,... its FUN. :D

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    AndyK70 likes this.