1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI painfully slow in Race Weekend practice...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I set up a race weekend at Mugello in the Lotus Evora GX. AC chose the field for me, which included fast cars like the McLaren and the Ferrari 458 Italia. In the practice session (AI at 98%) the AI cars were so slow that they were speedbumps; they were lapping 2:07 where the slowest competitive lap in most of these cars should be ~1.54. My PB here is 1.52:573 and that's not stellar. Does anyone know what's going on? Does the AI get its act together in quals? Otherwise how can I organize a good contest against decent AI?

Rui Santos likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone have a painfully slow forum experiance? Say hello to Discourage mode. Aug 17, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Slow down GT2s Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Slowmo Replay bug Dec 14, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Tire rotation visuals at slow speeds be like Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Physics Game makes my car slower about 1s. Dec 10, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Slow and delayed steering. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Driver overtake people while being slower and doing slower laptimes Dec 13, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT4 AI to slow after pitsop Dec 8, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Single Make Race: AI getting slow after pitstop Dec 7, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Slow downshifts with automatic gearbox Dec 6, 2021
    ACC Gameplay parts of replay in slow motion if replay is viewed while race is still going Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus - VR Very Slow Load into pit menu and Exit Screens [log bloat] Nov 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions McLaren 650 too slow Aug 8, 2021

3. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Then why not play with 100% AI at least that will better the situation a little bit, i guess. By the way i wonder if AC will actually have 120% AI consider it 100% AI are actually quite amateur according to all the feedback :rolleyes:

Anyway so far i actually have no faith on how good AC's AI going to be, i believe Kunos are very good in doing excellent realism racing game in term of physic according to all the feedback but i also believe they actually not very good if not at all in doing some other thing example like programming excellent AI.

You see they even having a hard time to include a basic "delete" button in setup menu where it should be there by common sense from the very first day but the fact is that this option still not there after so many updates, quite surprising actually, at least to me :rolleyes:

4. rycil

rycil Simracer

The AI was much more faster and aggressive in the previous build. Since 0.8.5, they brake again too much early on chicanes and hairpins.

5. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Well, maybe next time there are whines about AI being too aggresive, those who dissagree will speak up so that devs know which way to go!

6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I believe being as aggressive as possible but within the rules is the way to go, just like GSC 2013's AI, fast & aggressive but hardly do any unfair or dangerous move. It know when to keep pushing & when it should give up.
    So far i not yet see any complain about this GSC 2013 AI like what i see here, AC AI is quite weak at the moment, even F1 2013 has better AI too. At least player dont need to use some different tyre to slow themselve down in order to at least have some fun "racing" with those AI o_O

By the way i see there a "AC Licensed" below my profile, i wonder how Kunos know my copy is genius while my steam account is set to private ?? They can hack into my steam account ?? :rolleyes:

7. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

This is under investigation by the dev's guys, don't worry (I mean't the AI).

@Lasybug, don't you think it's normal that a dev can know that you actually payed for his game ? that's the purpose of this feature, that pirates don't get support over here..

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This is why we need an AI aggressiveness slider.

Kunos are responding to the 'AI ramming posts' that have been common on here. Quite often when there's a video to go with the post you see the player taking an absurd line into a corner, moving around in the braking zone or ridiculous dive bombing, the sort of stuff that'd result in the offender being handed a season ban, or worse, in real world racing. Unfortunately the AI has to cater for people that drive like that, hopefully Kunos can find the resources to continue working on the AI as they develop AC and provide something that appeals to more experienced, careful racers as well as banger champions :)

9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I dont mind they know but like to know how they know while my steam account is set to private. Steam let them to check every suspicious account even if it in private status or something like that ??

10. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

yeah, probably something like that ;)

Mogster likes this.
  11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Most likely they (a robot allowed by Steam) can check your Steam account for the game whether it's private or not.
    Back on topic, try AI in different cars. They all still need some work but some are better than others. I'm one of the many waiting for MP but I've had some good races with AI in some cars. Remember they are WIP and this forum is to let the devs know your concerns so they can be improved.

Fred Joseph likes this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I like the fact that the AI are unpredictable and make mistakes. Even if its a mistake that's caused by dodgy programming I don't care as long as it resembles something a human might do.

Kunos need to root out the bizarre behaviour like braking to a stop at hairpins, but the incidents such as when you're following an AI car very closely and they get into a tank slapper and wipe you both out, that's racing :)

13. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

But what if i play a game which purchase by my bro using his account ??

Yeah of course i 100% aware of that but then i having a good faith that AC's AI will not match Gsc 2013's AI even after v1.0 is released :D

14. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Then it's possibly looking at your HDD

Again, that's what these forums are for. If you're not happy with some aspect, let the devs know so they can improve it. The more precise you are the better chance of the devs fixing it. Of course it's all a matter of personal taste too. Something that you like might not be what others expect, and vice versa, so there must always be compromise.

15. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I dont think Kunos dont know how a good AI suppose to be & i do believe they know about this GSC 2013 AI too so now the actual question is that how to program to make those AI become as good as that ... i believe currently Kunos is lacking those programming skill to make a better AI, 1000 more feedbacks wont gonna help on this.
    Consider every one who play GSC 2013 are very satisfy & happy with the AI so aim to make AC's AI as good as that should be the way to go, no need to collect another 1000s more feedback on this matter, just make that AI & i bet at least 99% of complain about AI will be gone.

16. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I'm glad the devs are investigating this. I didn't expect the Race Weekend feature to work perfectly in its first iteration. The behavior of the AI in the example I have given is nothing to do with aggression or coded behavior, both of which seem fine. They are simply 13 seconds per lap too slow, which is a conspicuous problem that Kunos will want to investigate.

17. @Lazybug The AI were too aggressive and now they aren't aggressive enough....they would ram you off the track and now they won't pass you at all....sounds like Kunos are finding the extremes of the AI behaviors and can now find a 'happy spot' somewhere in the middle...if you don't see the progress being made and have no faith then you much be blind..

18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah I like the old AI, merge the two some how, and we are nearly there with a better ai!

19. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Kunos is programming the next generation of AI with more advanced features like multable fast lines and very unique human-like racing behaviors which older sims didn't use so this new technology will make it even more complicated to get it all correct, but i have alot of faith in Kunos and their potential to get it done! :)

When Kunos finalizes this next generation AI i believe AC will have the very best AI that anyone ever experienced in a sim! :D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Mogster likes this.
  20. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I am sad to report that the AI is completely useless on Mugello, in all race sessions. Even at 100%, my grandmother could drive a Ferrari 458 faster than this. In all sessions their pace is ~2.05:xx - 2.07:xx, which is 13 seconds off the slowest plausible competitive human lap time and makes overtaking a tiresome chore instead of a challenge

I am annoyed about this. Not because I do not recognize that this is a beta and that the AI is a WIP, I just feel that I have been wasting my time trying to get minimal functionality out of a feature (racing vs. the AI at Mugello in the Lotus Evora GX) that is more DOA than WIP. I am discouraged from even trying to race against the AI now unless someone can suggest a venue that can test my decent but not stellar racing skills against competitive AI. Otherwise it's back to hotlapping.

EDIT: Happy to report that in an all-Evora field the pace is much more competitive. What I experienced previously might have been an anomaly connected with a mixed field or a field chosen automatically by the sim...?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  21. Aceking

Aceking Racer

You will usually get your best results with a grid of the same car type because all the AI physics are identical and use nearly the same braking points and race lines!