1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ALOOG 1 - Public Server - MR[A] - Planning & Chat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andy-R, May 26, 2017.

1. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

I have all MODS, Goodwood, Lancia, Honda and for Zolder I have another version but the problem was that I checked the DLC box but this is solved.
    thank you. ;)

Andy-R likes this.
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

If you haven't tried Goodwood wet yet make sure you try different lines than in the dry. There are large puddles that drastically slow your speed or send you into a spin and some really slippery patches elsewhere. Here are my observations so far.

Middle of the road seems ok around Madgwick (watch out for the puddle inside) and it is slippery near the exit with another large puddle on the outside.

You have to keep away from the outside on the run down to Fordwater as there are more puddles there and watch out for the puddle at the exit of Fordwater (this one isnt an issue in the Honda.)

You can attack no name quite hard, especially in the S800 with just a tap of the brake.

St Mary's is pretty epic in this little car, make sure you get right over to the apex even up on the curb so you can go full throttle right away, it gets slippery in the dip before the crest.

Lavant corner has no grip inside, it seems best to go really wide around the first part you can then go full throttle but have to back off the gas a bit around the point you would turn in for the second part of Lavant corner.

Woodcote Im not really sure what is best. I go middle of the road or inside for the first part and stay off the curb outside on exit, there is also a puddle on the outside on the way to the chicane. Avoid running wide out of The Chicane as you will lose a lot of time going through the puddles there.

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Do any of you guys know if there is a way to force good and bad weather suite light rain for a replay I have already saved? I have tried pasting the contents of one of the light rain folders into mid clear and light clouds (it was one of those two for that session) and I tried deleting all weather folders other than light rain 0, 1, 2 & 3 but no joy so far.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

The plan is to leave Goodwood Circuit Wet up until Saturday when it will change to one of the two classic Watkins Glen layouts (the mod should be released by then) in the Cobra. I'm hoping to join again tomorrow in the S800 RSC if I'm not late home from work but IDM changing the cars on Friday if people would like to join but in something else.

Some shaky camera work with the Rift :p (it is a shame I couldn't get the G&B mod rain particles working, it would have looked much nicer. It would be great if you could force it via the server somehow to have spray whilst racing... and also in VR.)

V8_KB, Biner, mantasisg 2 and 2 others like this.
  5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

That is very exciting news, I don't know that track at all so looking forward to learning it, Cobra I just love at the moment (well always really).

Cool video too!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Andy-R likes this.
  6. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Yes, great video and thanks for posting it so we can see how to drive this combo properly! I admit to making a total rookie mistake while learning this car....I didn't look at the power/torque curve. I shifted at the indicated tachometer redline of 9000 rpm! I often went past it as the engine was really singing well up there but I did not want to break it. The cockpit view in your video shows shifts in the 10500rpm and higher range! I slapped my forehead, looked at the curve and went back out to relearn the track..everything is different due to the extra speed and being in different gears than what I had been using. Note that sidekick had the correct redline. Lesson learned!

Andy-R likes this.
  7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Custom particles don't work below certain friction level. At least I think I read something like that when I was trying to figure out why it doesn't work on Goodwood Wet version a while ago.

On a side note, too bad I couldn't join on any day. Goodwood is always great fun and I never raced on the wet version.

^^ I'm a rookie too then because I never look at the power curve. :p

Biner and Andy-R like this.
  8. That little Honda goes up to 10500 rpm? :eek:

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Oh bugger, I thought I had a fix... I had smoke off and didnt know you had to enable the mod in CM settings either. I couldn't find any clear instructions. I guess you have tried and it doesn't work with Goodwood Wet.

I must be a rookie as well, I just rev'd the teets off it!

Glad the vid helped Biner :D

I'll be in there this evening if anyone else is interested.

Biner likes this.
  10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Kool to hear that we can race today, I suppose you won't wait till saturday for Watkins Glen mod, I can't wait to try race in ALOOG today, try Watkins Glen later, and drive XJ13 alot :D

Yes particles effects doesn't work when grip is under 0.90 IIRIC. Also seems to me, Andy, that you don't have puddles sound, maybe you have those sounds turned off ?

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

The plan is Goodwood till Saturday and then Cobra's at Watkins Glen.

What are puddle sounds attatched to? I have tyre sounds almost inaudible as I really dont like them other than in F5 and the off track sounds were too loud so I set them pretty low. Same for curbs, I dont really like the curb sounds in AC, they were great in iR, that satisfying dzzz diiiiizzzz as you clip the curbs at Zolder for example. I didnt know there were puddle sounds at Goodwood :D

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

You are pretty good driver then, I find it much helpful to hear what tires are doing.

Puddles sound is basically just gravel sound, but when you cross puddle quickly it sounds very much like splash. IRL puddles makes lots of sound in car. I am not sure what if you totally glide on top of them :D

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I've never been able to glean anything useful from AC tyre sounds other than lock ups. I might try off track/dirt whatever it is called sound up a few clicks to see if I can hear the puddles.

14. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I have quadrophonic speakers around my rig (plus sub under seat) and I find I can hear exactly which tyre locks up easily.

When I turn on my sound system it uses only front speakers until I switch it into quadrophonic mode. The few times I have forgot to do this, I tend to lose the back end really easily as I can't distinguish front versus rear tyre locking. Simply can't drive in stereo sound any more.

So yeah you are imho very severely handicapping yourself if you have tyre noise off.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I can't really remember if I can hear front vs rear lock up with Rift headphones but I would know anyway depending on the car or after 1 mishap you know the rear is locking up first and you need to shift the balance or be very careful. I don't have the brake control in AC to keep the car just below lock up anyway, in cars with quite touchy brakes I just pulse the brake a lot. In others I just lock up a bit without much thought to it :p

The general cornering tyre squeal doesn't seem very nuanced, I have never found any use for it. I do quite like the F5 cam (I guess all external cam) tyre squeal noise though.

16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Would be kool to have a good sound system, even when I put on headphones I feel like it gets easier to drive.

Everything matters. I even found better lighting in a room useful lol But when I launched rF2 at night it was annoying a lot, and then I found it great when the room was in darkness.

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

A true david vs goliath combo here would be the Boss 429 Mustang vs Honda S800 RSC :D I recon the Honda would win it and all Mustang drivers would die a horrible death!

Suggestions for tomorrow welcome (I would like to stick with Goodwood Wet for one more day, I'm loving the different driving experience even though it is a bit of a hack.) I'm happy to leave it as it is or change to some other car(s) if people have suggestions.

18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I was so frustrated today, just couldn't keep the pace without failures. I would suggest either dry for final day of GW, or if wet track then maybe Miura vs GTO and perhaps temps over 10C. But I haven't tried those cars there for a long time. Another good combo IIRIC was 458italia and similar road cars, maybe even Christopher would join. TC might be useful in AC for the first time :D

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Lol at a mod track with less than 10 players, I would bet against that :D

I'd quite like wet but don't really mind dry. If no other suggestions then how about wet, temps over 10c and which ever of those cars you would rather?

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Hmm, if you don't have your own ideas... I was thinking about something unusual for GW. Maybe 911gt3rs could possibly work well.