1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ALOOG-6 Nordschleife Cup Events MR(AB)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TDS, May 1, 2016.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Grats to Christian for taking the win, and to all finishers.

Official results:

Q:
    [​IMG]

R:
    [​IMG]

LeiF and Berry like this.
  2. Berry

Berry Alien

Christian must be a Porsche-werks driver with that kind of sandbagging haha, 5sec difference from Q to R.
    @Berniyh: I was in the same situation with the 718 RS60, felt like I had really good pace, and I was still off your guys' times by 6-8s :p.It's quite frustrating.

3. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Typical English. Get all butthurt and make excuses defending themselves.

Take a look at what you guys just said:
    So you wait till evening and pick the longest track known to man...because nobody has time or patience.

Again, he had all day long. Why wait till 8 at night to set up the LONGEST TRACK IN THE GAME that NOBODY HAS TIME FOR?

Jesus...

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well I know that you did quite some driving in the GT4, while I just discovered it recently. I also know that Mathieu, Christopher, Robin (ok, he was struggling as well) and V8 are significantly faster than I am.
    The frustrating part was that I did have a clean go (until the last lap where I sort of through it into the wall out of frustration) and the pace felt good, yet I was losing time in mid-faster corners.
    I could really see V8 (and later Mathieu in what looked like a cheap-car-challenge-wreck) getting closer there. Each time. I just don't get what happened there.

I guess this is the car that I should reserve for offline driving for the driving experience and not race online …

Berry likes this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Because the main organizer of the event lives in Brazil and for him it is not 12pm …

But hey, why bother telling you anything whatsoever, you won't accept it anyway. :rolleyes:

6. Berry

Berry Alien

@Berniyh: Yeah, I drove it quite a lot pre-1.12, it's a nice car that I enjoy quite a lot, and I'm pretty fast with it on the Nordschleife, but I totally suck on the GP circuit, I reckon anyone can get 1-1.5s on me there.I feel like I could have got closer to Lozanov's time with more setup changes and cleaner driving, I was scrubbing the front tyres a bit too much, they were screaming like crazy on that last lap, really gave in to pressure there, rookie mistake.

@Parminio: I don't know if I should bother explaining, your ignorant behaviour's starting to be annoying, most people on a Sunday spend their days relaxing with friends/family/loved ones etc, when they get some free time they might want to race online in the evening, the thing is, the timezone is still different between all of us, so someone might be starting the race at 5:30 PM, while I start it at 9:30 PM.Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's stupid and unreasonable, that might just be a reflection of your own behaviour.
    Also, why are you quoting me and addressing me as "you guys"? I'm not American, you don't need to assume I'm big enough to warrant a plural.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    SMOKING__MONKEY3 likes this.
  7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

You are welcome to join if you want, you are free to just skip it if you don't like the server location, settings, time race or whatever else.

Thanks for the input about the damage, maybe we will take it into consideration at some point in future events if more people will talk about it as an issue. We look forward to feedback from people who race with us. Recently we had a poll about changing the race day to Saturday.

As it is right now, we have a solid base of great regulars that make it possible to run these events with solid numbers. Around 15 people on the Nordschleife that takes 1h of Q and another 1h of R is solid IMO. And since not anyone from those guys had any suggestion to change something, I think we are doing OK. We are not going to suddenly change something because of one guy who didn't even participate.
    Also if you thought it is uber hardcore simracers battle, take a look at the first words in bold in the opening post.

Feel free to run your own events with the setting that you prefer at the time that is best suited for you.
    Meanwhile let us continue to do what we have been doing for months.

Mathieu Labbé, Berniyh, TDS and 2 others like this.
  8. TDS

TDS Alien

we want to make sure people to serve the mandatory pit rule, as this is not a league and its an open server, any AB can join and we can't do reviews after race, its only for fun nothing serious with points and accident reviews etc etc etc etc..
    50% dmg is also because if carnage for any reason happens at t1 (witch happened only 1 time in 24 races), people can still use their cars and finish the race.

Remember above all this is a FOR FUN event, first come first served, and the rules are set for almost 25 races and maybe 2 people complained about fuel rate or dmg. so the very minority,
    rules will be the same as people are ok with it and are having fun, we achieved at least 90% of races having full grid, and very successful and great races all around.
    you can join if you like the rules or not, not our problem, you can give your opinion, that's ok, but we don't have the obligation to change them because of 2 guys.

If you want to have fun and are a clean racer you will find it here.
    all the best
    cheers

yes im from Brazil and depending on the time of the year races for me starts 16:30 or 17:30, witch is ****ing hot here where i live normally. i would pretty much prefer it to be 22:00 my time to be on a sweet breeze of the night while i race ... but that's not the prime time for EU racing in AC, so i have to sacrifice this to get races full.
    pce :)

9. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Damn @Parminio , I was happy to see such an enthusiastic new AC driver, just sad that it took about a week for you to get on my ignore list (2 drivers in it BTW). Set up your own event and I'll be freakin happy to join since we seem to be in the same timezone, cant wait :) Since then, let the boys who are kind enough to give other players their free time to setup these events, which are pretty popular and always fun. Thank you!

Great event once again, event though I had to do the whole race watching through that awful cracked windshield texture in my cheap-car-challenge-wreck GT4. I was a bit aggressive trying to overtake Leif on lap 1 and he lost it in the grass, slamming into me back on track. I guess I should have been more patient there, sorry about that. I had great fun making that come back to 4th though, always nice sharing the track with you guys :)

TDS, Berniyh, LeiF and 1 other person like this.
  10. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

I could respect if they just told the truth, but that isn't what happened at all. They started making up a bunch of BS excuses.

If they had said, "It's just for fun man, it's not a serious race at all. It's a dine and dash we don't care about." then I could have respected it.

But to have such settings and make the completely stupid excuses for it is, sorry to say, stupid. To wit:

You don't have time to run a proper race, so you pick the longest track in the game. What's more, in the interest of "not having time" to run it, you set a practice session longer than the actual race. To top it off, in the interest of "having no time" you require a mandatory pit stop for a realistic effect...and while we're talking realism we'll turn the damage effectively off so the race winds up being a 'Need for Speed" rail riding crash fest.

Yea. You sort of lose all your credibility when you're making those types of excuses.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

OMG....

TDS likes this.
  12. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

You complained about cheaters and abusers in public servers and when you joined one of really good recurring public events where people care about racing in a fair and secure manner, all you can do is insult the organizers with pointless accusations.

I just can't grasp it.

Just leave it alone if you don't like it. No need to be that hostile.

AmorFati, LeiF and TDS like this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Community feedback really makes the effort of administrating a server worthwhile doesn't it :D :D

LeiF and TDS like this.
  14. TDS

TDS Alien

hehehe ok parminio you do whatever you want, your the one loosing, we in aloog 6 races will not miss you with your attitude, simple as that. Have a great week.

AmorFati likes this.
  15. TDS

TDS Alien

its like a soap opera lol
    a really funny mexican one.

Mathieu Labbé, Berry and Andy-R like this.
  16. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Wow!

Maybe should spend some time considering your attitude to other people and perhaps have a serious word with yourself.

Have a nice life :)

AmorFati, TDS and Mathieu Labbé like this.
  17. Berry

Berry Alien

Let's move on from the ignorant fellow, he'll enjoy whatever he wishes.Was thinking of the Ferrari FXXK for the next round, I've never raced it, actually I barely ever drove it, but it seems pretty nice, and I think it would be quite tricky around Nords, what do you guys think? :D

TDS likes this.
  18. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Was that text supposed to be pink?

I'd just leave one thing here, 908LH. :D Or are you guys tired of all the porsches already?

19. Berry

Berry Alien

Why would it be pink? :D
    Yeah, as much as I love Porsche's, a bit of variety would be nice.

20. TDS

TDS Alien

abarth 595 ss :p
    the final patience test. lol

Mr.Mugel likes this.