1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

An idea about weather system

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by The Entity, Jan 31, 2014.

1. The Entity

The Entity Hardcore Simmer

Hello,

first of all I like AC a lot and it pulled me right into simracing.
    I know that the game is still in beta and many many more content and features will be added. But I wanted to tell a bit about an idea for a possible weather system.

Currently it is very handy that you can adjust the temperature and time of day so you can set it to the ideal conditions to do hotlaps.
    But for the races it would be nice if we could have some more options. And this can come in different kinds of setting possibilities. For example some dropdown boxes to set the type of weather that you like for the race.

But why not take this a step further with a dynamic weather system. I know this isn't easy to build, but it is just an idea/suggestion. Having a dynamic system could simulate real world weather, and what we see in real life races is that one part of the track is getting wet while an other part of it isn't yet due to the wind speed pushing the clouds over the track. This would make races more interesting and pushes the skills of the drivers. Not only trying to keep the car on track and being fast but also making the decision when to go into the pits for intermediate or wet tires.

And maybe we can even take yet another step further down this road. What if it was possible to link with weather stations that are close to the real tracks to give realtime weather information so the sim matches as close as possible the real life weather. Or maybe record weather data from real races and use these ingame.

I know this all sounds very ambitious, but it's just an idea and who knows it could be possible at a certain stage in the development (past 1.0). This could make the whole weather system a bit more interesting than just an all dry or all wet race.

Let me know what you guys think about this. And as I said before: this is just an idea, I know this is not easy to build and it could maybe be a feature that we only will see in a few years with even better hardware to run all these types of simulation. So please don't shoot me ;-)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    Leemstradamus and Enzo Martin like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Red Bull Ring Ideal Line Bug Jan 30, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Ideal line and autoblip on server Jul 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Any Ideas? Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Stream Deck as a Button Box - Ideas Aug 29, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Ideal Racing Line Jul 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting "Fatal Error UE4 AC2" Absolutely no idea what i need to do or doing wrong? May 31, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Ghosting players - to manage bad drivers (Idea) Dec 8, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues "Opponents Visibility" *New Idea* Nov 8, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds The ideal trajectory activates itself Aug 12, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Ideal Line Assist - it changes/updates color to late Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Some ideas for the CP Servers Jul 18, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Pre-Race Hud Idea Mar 3, 2020
    ACC Physics Tires resettign to ideal when pressing restart. (Tought it to be an issue - works as designed) Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA Rating visualization (idea) Jan 12, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Driver Swap - Optimizations for public multiplayer? Any information or ideas? Jan 1, 2020

3. Enzo Martin

Enzo Martin Racer

This is a great idea, these options would make the simulator much more real, especially in endurance races.

4. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Codemaster F1 series has this feature ...

The Entity likes this.
  5. The Entity

I didn't know that. But as it already exists in other games then maybe one day in AC?

6. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

Needed but a bit lower level! It couldn`t be that difficult. With Race07 it`s possible to set individual weather like a charm (Autosim Weather Generator) and this is really a very old game. With all this higly capable dev`s at KUNOS, should be makeable. Real weather with connection to weather services...i don`t know, if this is realley needed. For me, as an simracing server admin, it`s highly more important, to set some individual weather, depending on the drivers requests.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  7. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Of course many didnt know that since Codemaster F1 series are some lousy simcade to many players here

8. tututoto074

tututoto074 Rookie

where is l update 0.6??????????

9. alex72

alex72 Alien

I guess" easiest" implementation of all is to set clear, semi, bad weather with good grip, less good, slippery (need tyres for this also). When thats in place maybe dynamic weather isnt so hard to code in. Random chance of the 3 different stages to happen during races where the different surface grip follows.

@tututoto074 Usually comes during the day. Its too early yet. And this tread is about weather. Not patches. ;)

10. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

This feature has been begged for countless times. From what I remember we may get it but in the distant future. I remember reading about the sun being able to track its position in the real world in the game in real-time.

11. tututoto074

tututoto074 Rookie

hello ok tanks for reponse.

paulieGTR likes this.
  12. The Entity

I'm still very new to sim racing, and trying out different games. I will give the F1 series a try to see how it feels. But I'm more into GT cars then in single seaters.

Tracking the sun would be nice in endurance races.

13. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Of course Kunos can do that but i believe there are still alot more "pressing issues" (according to many hardcore simmer) that need to be done before they consider to implement this feature.

14. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah Codemaster F1 series has some very useful & great feature, try it out if you have time.

15. The Entity

Of course, as I stated in my first post this could be a feature beyond 1.0.

16. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

@alex72 Yeah, that seems like it would be the easiest way to go about it. Sort of a 'notch' for different weather conditions. And tires to go along with it obviously, like the various stages we have now along with semi-wets, and full-wets would be spectacular for GT racing!

@Leemstradamus Yes, the Sun does follow the real-life positioning if I remember correctly. Being that they can do that, I wonder if they were to do weather conditions, if they could do live weather tracking? I don't know if you're familiar with Microsoft flight simulator, but it gets live updates for weather every few minutes. That would truly be something else!

17. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Take it easy, i just making fun joking about some of those selfish hardcore simmer. Thats mean i myself dont even mind if Kunos implement this right now before the enhanced AI & MP.

18. The Entity

No hard feelings :-D. It just hard to use the right intonation in writing :-D

Lazybug likes this.
  19. alex72

alex72 Alien

Lol he didnt attack you. :) Lost in translation i think. ;)

He just said "yes i agree".

EDIT: lol :D

The Entity likes this.
  20. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Peace :D

@alex72 Yes i know that. I never feel like he is attack me. I say take it easy because i dont want him thinking that i actually make fun or attack him by my previous message. My english is also lousy and use lot of google translate myself :D

21. alex72

alex72 Alien

Oh ok, sorry my friend. :) We misunderstand eachother lol. :D No problems.

Lazybug likes this.