1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

another frustrated user

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by genwii, Sep 4, 2016.

1. genwii

genwii Rookie

when?!!
    its needed, especially on easy mode.

2. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

@genwii not sure why all the panic. This is a driving sim. If you want to win you got to drive fast and consistent, set up your car and know the track like your pockets. This requires time. If you want to have some reference on laptimes for the car/track combo, you can check the rsr live timing website. If your laptimes are already on par or faster than those, then come back to this forum presenting some data and that will make your point meaningful. If you are much slower start looking into your controller settings and after that start practicing so you can win not only in easy but also in hard mode. Coming to this forum complaining that the game is broken because you can't win doesn't help your reputation as a smart guy.

Skemekos123 and Dave53 like this.
  3. genwii

genwii Rookie

this is not about smarts; like i've said in the beginning of the first post, i've been racing for years and have done well!
    its alright to have tough competition but do that in "hard" mode; why do it in easy?? the asseto corsa team replied so it means im not the only one..
    i've been racing these tracks for years, and know them well.
    when i do time attack i get gold; then in the race the AI blows away... somethings wrong here

4. neovdr

neovdr Rookie

He is referring to a known issue that is not how it is supposed to be. Now how about your infuriating condecending behavior there mate? How about you actually buy the game on the PS4 (since this is the forum you are poluting with your smartassness) before you spout some ignorant nonsense eh? How about that mate?

TitzonToast and Matt White like this.
  5. genwii

genwii Rookie

yes i bought it on the ps4 mate; chill

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This might help a bit.

Attached Files:

The Moose likes this.
  7. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Hey thanks for the links Ace Pumpkin, I will look into this with a little more time!

Edit: These are really useful, thanks my friend!

Setup your car in 21 steps is really a wonderful idea.

The definition of each part contained to setup the car is excellent too, offering me some understanding as to why a particular change will assist.

Top work...thanks again!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just to be clear, these are just found and not compiled by me;)
    Google knows everything :eek:
    :D

BistoKid likes this.
  9. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

If you think I would willingly infest your system and you don't know a way to double check, don't touch it!
    ;)

BistoKid likes this.
  11. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

Well, I'm satisfied, click click :rolleyes:

12. skd420

skd420 Rookie

bahahahahahaha

For one these tracks are laser scanned and in most other games they arent so you might not know the tracks as well as you think. Second of all the game isnt broken, you are just not as good a driver as you assumed you were. Google dunning/kruger effect you'll understand. Third, "easy" mode doesnt mean automatic win for anyone. It means the CPU drives at less than flat out, they brake early, accelerate later. Fourth, why are you tripping over career mode in a hardcore sim? That seems basakwards to me. Fifth, this being a hardcore sim, you should be working on your braking and turn in points, car control on the limit, and throttle application more than anything else. Thats whats broken.

donShere and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

One of the reasons that people are concerned with the AI seems to be because of that mixed-class BMW race in the Career mode. I'm not in front of the game but it's the race where you're in a 1980'2 3 Series versus more modern Z4s and 1Ms. There's literally no way to beat the modern cars, because they have way more power and leave you standing. So in that instance, it's not necessarily an AI issue, it's a fast car vs a slow car issue, right? Although strangely, I think on the PC version the gap is less..

Roberto Olivetti likes this.
  14. Exage304

Exage304 Gamer

I do apologize, was at work the past couple days on AM so I haven't been around or on the PS4.

This is what I used as a saved KTM base set, it still a bit tricky at times but it's more stable and has more push. It's not perfect but I'm not going for Alien Gold yet.

Fuel to 20

Suspension: F/R (sides are same)
    Pressure 26/27
    Camber -1/-0.2
    Toe -1/-4
    Height 22/-10 (I found there is a bug if the front height is at below 21)

Dampers: F/R
    Bump 10/18
    Rebound 14/21

The car will lock up the inside front on braking on cold tires and push more easily so you need to get the majority if not all of your hard braking done before turn in.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    BistoKid likes this.
  15. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I've been racing for years and done well too mate. But you need to get better, as did I for this game.
    Easy AI for me now is perfect, bar 1 or 2 races that are very hard. A patch is coming, but in the mean time, practice and get better, and have fun.

16. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Ok, I apologize, I haven't tried the PS4 version. Hope they fix the issues then.

17. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Thanks Exage304, much appreciated, I will give this a go and let you know how it worked out!