1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

another frustrated user

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by genwii, Sep 4, 2016.

1. genwii

genwii Rookie

hey all I just joined; im on ps4
    have been racing for years, usually do well; never had such lame results and i find it frustrating that even in the second level in career mode, i cant get out of it; i can never score a podium; the car is too slow, no matter what configuration i use.
    the other cars go way too fast, yeah i know im slow or am i?
    its impossible for me to score a podium
    help

thanks in advance for your suggestions

me

Imonack21 and Lancaster like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues an error occurred - please buy another game Jul 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting driving with another ai car instead of my own after replay Aug 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Yet Another Championship Glitch? Sep 26, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Another great news for Quest 2 users, maybe works to Rift too. May 27, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Headlight projection disappears as soon as my car is alongside another Jan 20, 2021
    ACC Physics is there any way to import a car setup on another track?!? Dec 14, 2020
    ACC Tools Yet another Fuel Calculator app - iPhone Aug 23, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Yet another AC game crashing problem Aug 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions another g920 problem Jul 10, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Yet another RC Question..... Apr 29, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #165 Ok, I'll Alfa another go... Feb 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Spawned on another car at race start + damage Jan 3, 2020
    ACC Gameplay How to move the saved game files and championships, replays etc to another PC? Dec 29, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Another Freeze fest and Crash at end of Practice 2 Aug 7, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.0.6] Another UE4 critical error Jul 30, 2019

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Sounds like it's your driving. "Another frustrated user" needs to practise and look at their driving to improve. You're probably driving with gamepad, so adjust the steer settings if you have difficulties with that, investing some time to find the right settings for your liking also helps you familiarising with the physics and handling. Then go do a practice session with the car and track combination you're supposed to be driving in the career event. Disable stability control, automatic gears and the driving line if you use them, put ABS and TC on factory. Drive laps with the car until you're confident with the car and you think you can put down consistently quick laps, try out lower ABS and TC settings on the fly. Keep a good racing line, get your brake points right, check your corner entry speed, don't slide into corners, get a good exit, don't just boot the throttle, etc. Brake earlier than you think you need to and get a feel for the car before hammering into corners. Try a different line through corners if you have difficulties. Since "second level" probably means Magione that can be pretty important, and you need to use the kerbs, get your braking right and get a good line there to be fast.

Skemekos123, Guidofoc, Dave53 and 2 others like this.
  4. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

Drive in the career event? hahahaha Sorry I'm really sorry I never play any single player games. I'm always straight onto multiplayer from day 1. I've also noticed the easy isn't as easy as one might think. It's actually set much higher.

Maybe he's using defensive driving tactics?

5. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

Are you using a joypad or a steering wheel. Which one if you do?

6. genwii

genwii Rookie

i always have used a wheel; thrustmaster
    g80 i think

despite practice makes perfect, one should not need to practice soooo much to get out of second level. this game is setup very hard.

7. czk51

czk51 Rookie

Also a PS4 user. I have a g29 steering wheel. I am used to challenges as I have also been playing through DiRT Rally but seriously I've never seen anything like this. I cannot progress from the Intermediate stages, even with the AI on easy as they leave me for dust on the straights. It almost seems like I can catch up as the AI brakes quite early but then they are gone in no time.

I've even experimented with cutting corners just to get an advantage but they still overtake in no time. Not sure how hard it was on PC but I'm at a point of not wanting to try until there is an update. I believe the Inside Sim guys recorded similar vids of their experiences.

It's been acknowledged anyway in the latest blog so hopefully something soon.

Reading through previous posts, I'll try "Disable stability control, automatic gears and the driving line if you use them, put ABS and TC on factory. " tonight.

Lancaster likes this.
  8. Exage304

Exage304 Gamer

The 2nd level? The BMW races? Should be able to do the E92 M3, 1M and Z4 GT3 races. I did those without much problems on Medium.

Then you may join me in spinning the KTM around in the races. I'm going to have to experiment with stability control and see if it can help because I simply can't drive that car as fast as the AI without getting crossed up sans assists. I tried to dial in some under-steer but didn't seem to effect the car much.

I enjoy the slower cars right now because I'm getting accustomed to both the game and the G29 wheel. Even just setting up a random quick race with a GT86 or a FWD.

czk51, Lancaster and Gjsparkles like this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Did you try to lower the KTM's ride height to the max? It becomes much more stable for me that way. But yeah, it's a tricky beast, I absolutely love it.

Bibbles, Exage304 and Skemekos123 like this.
  10. czk51

czk51 Rookie

OK so I've finished one race now with stability set to 0 and traction + abs to factory and managed 2nd! Sweet sweet podium!

I've tried a few others intermediate series 2 races on this setting but still getting torn apart. Still, 2 down now. I don't know how it's going to be possible to place in the other 3 events but will preserve later tonight.

Skemekos123, Ace Pumpkin and LeDude83 like this.
  11. Exage304

Exage304 Gamer

I'll give that a whirl as well.

In all honesty, I'm still new to the wheel so part of it is just going to be seat time.

Skemekos123 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. pimmbk

pimmbk Rookie

I think it's mainly up to practicing.. I play on easy with a G29, and find it quite a challenge sometimes, but now I am managing to get 2nd and even 1st.

Skemekos123 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. czk51

czk51 Rookie

I did it! Omgggggggg

Got 3rd on intermediate s2 race 4 which unlocked s3 and the t1 lotus championship, came 1st in the 1st race.

What a feeling!! Thank you guys for the advice!

14. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

That's the spirit! Honestly, a lot of it really does come down to practice. Learn the track, learn the car. Get faster and faster laps. Yes, 'easy' is by no means easy, but it is totally possible to do. After spending some time with the game, I think this difficulty is perfect for myself, but it shouldn't really be labelled as easy. Would be better labelled as medium IMO.
    There should be an easier options for beginners.

Dave53 and BistoKid like this.
  15. Exage304

Exage304 Gamer

So I lowered the ride height and sorted out the camber, rear toe, and shocks and it drives night and day over the default set up. I guess KTM gave them the street set-up? Because it's just oversteering unstable garbage as default.

Now I have a bug issue. I completed the Imola race in 2nd (first try on easy) and it bugged for the others where if I changed the set-up (either manually or load) it wouldn't start or re-start the race.

At first screen after setup change it just continues the pre race track cam (sans menu screen), you can switch to car view with the change camera button but the lights won't count up and the race doesn't start.

From pit, the grid resets the session screen comes up (blank cause no laps), hit back, if you select drive the cars just sit on the grid and the lights don't count up. I've restated the PS4 (not powersave, an actual restart) and same issue, even with the Imola race I completed with a set up :( . It does it on all tracks and drive, but at least with the events that don't have the count up lights I can drive the car after the session screen.

EDIT: I did take a screen shot of the suspension set-up as I was planning on sharing it here and that may have caused the problem.

No issues with default setup. Races start no problem.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. genwii

genwii Rookie

well someone pointed out that i dont have to podium every race and so i managed to get out of this second level by the 2 time attacks and getting 3rd in one race after a lot of effort.
    i tweaked a few settings but really its still too hard; those other races i could not podium ; unless i spend a year but really it should not be so difficult, at "easy" level.
    im an adult, i have a life, this cant be it...

i find there is no adjustments for the pedals; the breaking is really bad-thrustmaster wheel.

still find it hard for an easy level....but i got out of 2nd level; now the struggle continues in 3rd...sheeesh

17. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone. We don’t want to make the game ‘easy’ by any means, but we do recognise that the AI may need tweaking, especially on Easy mode. Our team are aware of this request and are working on a solution.

Ischemica and czk51 like this.
  18. czk51

czk51 Rookie

Good to hear . I've spent another hour restarting constantly on a championship stage unable to get through a single lap . Most races are manageable to hold 3rd but every now and then I get one that aggravates the hell out of me and I have to play something else .

19. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

May I ask if you were able to share those settings Exage304, I would be very interested in your setup. To be honest, I don't really understand all this toe/camber stuff and as a stock car I love the KTM and am getting to grips with it. However, if I can make it more manageable, I would love to know!

Thank you in advance!

20. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Hi there...please don't make it too easy. I'm new to the game, still struggling a bit...and LOVING the challenge!

Best driving sim!

Skemekos123 likes this.