1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anti Downshift feature: Not consistent and always predictable

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by LucaBenj, Dec 11, 2016.

1. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

The game have quite some problems in downshifting. Going down the gears the game not always register downshifting. The feature is not consistent. Downshifting fast, normally, or in a less aggressive way, the function is not consistent and always predictable.

The paddles of my T300 are OK whith Pcars, F1 2016 Codemasters, rFactor2 and Automobilista. I've seen that for these cars the downshift is really working badly: Nissa GT-R GT3, McLaren 650 GT3, BMW Zt4 GT3, Ferrari 599XX, Lotus exos stage 1.

Can you remove or improve the restrictive anti-downshift feature?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room AC "anti-rollbar stock setting" VS real life cars "anti-rollbar stock setting" Mar 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE2-AC2 Fatal Error [on startup] after v1.8.3 hotfix update [Resolved: antivirus] Nov 28, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions xbox series s just restocked in microsoft store if any one is wanting one. Jul 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting acc crash at start up [userdocs/config folder permissions / antivirus software exception] Jun 6, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues ACC´s anti aliasing still looks very ugly.. Jan 22, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Doesn´t create file in documents [Antivirus blocking access] Jan 5, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error UE4-AC2 when launching [antivirus software block userdocs config directory access] Oct 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Problems with crashes and freezes [thirdparty anticheat software & steam overlay] Oct 17, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New RTX 3000 include dlss 3.0 with support for Temporary Antialiasing May 7, 2020
    ACC Physics Audi R8 Evo anti stall bug? Mar 6, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash on startup [antivirus/security software blocking access to userdocs] Feb 14, 2020
    ACC Physics Low-speed physics and antistall/throttle cut behaviour Feb 3, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Crash on launch [BitDefender/Antivirus settings preventing file creation on startup] Jan 10, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't Start a Race or a Benchmark [BitDefender/Antivirus blocking acs.exe] Dec 30, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Is there any anti cheat better than AC's? Oct 1, 2019

3. Manu8019

Manu8019 Gamer

im having also this problem with t300

4. Bazilews

Bazilews Rookie

The same with T500RS

Neil Goodinson likes this.
  5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Yup +1, specially the downshift on the Ferrari 599XX is really bad!
    On other cars it's not predictable.. like on a car like the lotus Exos stage 1,.. sometimes you downshift fast, and don't give a problem or damage the engine /gearbox... but sometimes you downshift normal and have to push twice o more the paddle because the car stayed in one gear... It's a really annoying issue that affect all cars, ones more than others..

I first looked in other games to discard a paddle problem from my wheel, but in other games like dirt rally, Pcars, F1 2016,Driveclub it works good..
    (i play with a T150RS)

Then i tried out Assetto with the controller, and the downshift problems are also on the controller... and even upshifting problems in cars like the two Lotus exos, classic Lotus cars,f1 from lauda....just like the Pagani Huayra has till the 1.09 Update...

Realy some bad issue that need attention from the dev team

6. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Same here
    +1

7. I have noticed in most of the cars i have issues with downshifting all have ABS. On realisation of this i have tried to put as little pressure into breaking almost treating it like it has no ABS and this seems to help. Would recommend trying to alter the cars ABS level if having major issues, but this does need looking into further. You may want to raise a ticket with the support team

8. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

He might as well drop Tabasco inside his pants and sing kumbaya, equal chance of it achieving anything. I read a here a guy asked them about free button assignment and they told him "not enough people want it" :D:D:D:D

Anyway I can confirm ABS makes no difference. In the Exos it´s happening all the time with no ABS.

Donnced2 likes this.
  9. This is as designed. Its not 'anti-downshift', its 'downshift protection', meaning it will prevent a downshift that will damage the engine. Don't downshift so aggressively and you won't run into any problems. The real car will prevent you from downshifting to a point where revs will be too high, so the game does too.

Its nothing to do with your wheel (no idea why everyone is listing theirs...), its a problem with the user.

And no its nothing to do with ABS. Also it will be different for each car since the ratio spacing is different, also some cars specify how much over-rev is allowed before the protection kicks in. which is why some are reporting it to be inconsistent between cars.

mESCx, Reinart86, gregack and 2 others like this.
  10. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Hmmm ... and what about when, sometimes yes and sometime not, on Nissan GT3 at 100 Kmh speed I cannot downshift from 3rd to 2nd?

11. I do not beleive this happens, and if it does then its a bug. Bring some videos to show this is the case, otherwise I just don't see it being the case.

Assuming your speed and gear ratio remain constant like you say, then it either will or will not downshift. Thats just the way it works.

gregack and LeDude83 like this.
  12. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Yes, it's a bug. Sure. I've no time to bring videos. Devs can verify and fix.

13. If its a bug, then prove it. The devs don't have time to be testing each and every scenario to find the bug is not there.

Like I said previously, if you actually keep your speed and gears constant, then there should be no problem. If there is, then its very easy to test and prove, so please do so.

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. esox71

esox71 Alien

Sometimes I am convinced when I brake hard I cannot downshift the same as braking lightly AT the same rev range.
    Could be placebo, but I'm usually quite astute with these things.

edit: Why am I in here?:oops:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  15. neovdr

neovdr Rookie

Why don't you give it a try on a PS4 console and see for yourself instead of going into dev groupie mode? Oh I forgot

Redxbcoupe likes this.
  16. My point exactly, I cannot try it and confirm the bug, so do yourself a a favour and do so yourselves. If there is a bug then it will be no trouble to produce some evidence.

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Honestly we aren't idiots around here and now perfect what "down shift protection" means and do...no need to be in "over rev" for downshift that don't respond correctly, even with very consertive driving.. And happens more since 1.09 update and with lots of cars..
    No everyone complaint about things without sens...

Some of you, PC users have to learn that the console version is not a 1=1 port of the PC version, it's more a kind of a versioned game of the original one... With lots of less features and options and there own bugs and issues that maybe in PC are fixed months ago or new ones that came with an update.

You want video to proof it's a bug/issue what where complaining about and report it back here? Well there you go..
    Min 8:37 you get the report and proof.
    In one thing you are right, the bug/issue isn't related with the ABS.

Redxbcoupe and Traks1 like this.
  18. TDS

TDS Alien

you "consolero" heheheheh, traitor :p

esox71 likes this.
  19. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

I can promise you this is a real problem, at least on PS4 version. Started on patch 1.09, something changed there. I actually thought my paddles were going bad because it never happened before that.

Mauler_77 likes this.
  20. I can only comment on the cars i have tried and this is what I have found. The Exo's I have had no issue with myself so shall i say "I can confirm this is not true"

21. What i was referring to in most cars I'm changing down more than 2 thirds down in the rev range even sometimes 3/4 and still not being able to down**** in some cars. I altered my braking pressure I applied and the ABS setting....rarely happens now.

I know most cars have downshift protection to make the engine durable. I'm not one to thrash it down the gears. I would like to say don't assume everyone who is getting this issue is downshifting too aggressively.