1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anti Downshift feature: Not consistent and always predictable

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by LucaBenj, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Then how would you explain under heavy breaking with ABS in a high setting the downshifting was unpredictable and not engaging the shift
    where as with changing the amount of pedal travel and pressure applied with a different ABS setting the gear change predictable with no failure to down shift on many cars with ABS, from my testing and experience in most cars i have tried on this game. changing gears at the same rev range.

2. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

You can say it, but you would be wrong. I have experienced this issue in many cars with ABS off. It's not related.

Donnced2 likes this.
  3. I've seen you drive, not one to be desired. I can easily say you're wrong

4. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

I've tried also...and got exactly the same issues downshifting with ABS activated and disabled... Lotus exos and Ferrari 599XX are some good examples to do the tests.

And it's useless discuss this really between us,the users of Assetto console.
    The only thing for sure is that there's an issue, we reported it and now it's up to the dev team to look into it and work to fix it as soon it's possible.

Have a nice day! ;)

5. The 599 has extreme downshift protection as this has already been explained in numerous threads. The Exo's from my experience I have had no issues with downshifting.
    The testing i had done was on cars with ABS. The OT mentions mainly cars with ABS apart from the Exos. With this i gave my findings on those cars, which were that downshifts were drastically effected by how strong the ABS was assisting the car to stop.

I did not state this is the only reason why.

6. McGregor

McGregor Gamer

If you have the disc based version, delete the updates and run the car in version 1.00 and then repeat with the most current version. Whether intentional, an addition of extra engine protection (post patch), or simply a bug, there is clearly a difference in the downshifting and it is not reliant on ABS settings.

Traks1 and Donnced2 like this.
  7. I have Digital copy. All I have stated is I have found some downshifts to be effected by this not all. Information are in earlier posts.

8. esox71

esox71 Alien

As my previous post(although I'm PC) I find it to be similar, If I brake lightly I can change down easier.
    Last night(online) GT-R Nismo I thought was terrible for it, not sure what causes it(could be ma heed).
    Maybe that stability aid you can't turn off, I say to my friends but they think I'm trippin.:confused:

9. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Of course you can say it easily, you just have to type it here. But you are wrong. If affects cars with:

- ABS by factory, keeping it on
    - ABS by factory, manually turning it off.
    - No ABS by factory, turning it on through assists.
    - No ABS by factory, not allowing it through assists.

Safe to assume ABS interference is not causing this.

10. Look at my original post, I'm not the only person who has come across this

I clearly stated the car's i have had issues with and where i experienced it most and how i got around this and haven't had an issue with it since.
    If yourself came across this after testing how would you explain it?

This also has nothing to do with what you are saying in your last post. The initial reason why i said "I could say you were wrong" was a sarcastic comment to your mentallity that what you say is right and everyone else is wrong going by all of your other posts in the forums. Other people have different experiences of the game, why is it so hard to acknowledge that others have different issues with particular cars where others don't have that.

Everyone should be putting these collective experiences together instead of being dismissive.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  11. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Your mistake is thinking this is some sort of fight where being right gives cool points or something. I don't say you're wrong to be cooler, I say you're wrong because it's possible (and easy) to test reliably if ABS is causing the missed shifts. It happens with safe downshifts with it off and cars that don't even have it so that can not be the cause.

It's logic, not "I'm right because I'm so kewl". As soon as you have cars with no ABS suffering this problem you know you can discard the idea that ABS is causing the missed shifts.

12. I have had no issues with cars with no ABS causing miss downshifts. I haven't confused your posts, that's just exactly how your posts come across. As I have said I have no issues with missed shifts on cars with no ABS. I drive GT2/Exos/Tatuus regularly also.

13. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

The bottom line is, it doesn;t matter if it has anything to do with ABS. There is a problem since the previous patch on PS4. It is really anoying too, as it tends to happen randomly. Doesn't matter if you wait till you are way down in the rev range, downshifts are still missed randomly. It seems to be an issue mostly with the clutchless tranny cars, so like the newer Porsche street cars, the GTR, the Ferraris, and many of the race cars.

14. gregack

gregack Racer

It IS downshift-protection which is realistic, deal with it. It depends on your rpm's.
    Rpm's too high -NO DOWNSHIFT.

15. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Well, my 2p's worth is that (on console because that is what I have) it does seem erratic in it's operation (downshift protection) and it is also decidedly more intrusive than it was in the 1.03 version.

I have been unofficially trying out for the hotlap challenge at Nordschleiffe in the Porsche 911 3.0 RS that is available through these forums this last two weeks so that first timed left has been attempted many, many times in succession and with virtually identical entry speeds and braking points. What isn't identical is when I will get the gear that I want. It kinda ruins the flow of what you are trying to do when each corner, on each lap, even within the same session, can seem to have a different point at which the game will "allow" a shift.

Can't prove any of it of course but trust me if you can, a mere console owner, that I'm neither stupid nor lacking in experience or knowledge of mechanical matters such as these but in my opinion, on console (because that is what I have), my feels tell me something is not quite right. YM(on PC because that is what you have)MV.

Please don't imagine @gregack that we are all so stupid so as not to understand downshift protection or how it works. It's very insulting to essentially tell us all that we are all too dim to know the difference between what is a possible bug (on console because that is what we have) and your PC's (because that is what you have) version of the game's presumably perfectly working feature and essentially shouting at us all to SUCK IT UP NOOBS!.

I probably would "deal with it", if I considered it consistent, which in my opinion, it isn't on console (because that is what I have).

Happy New Year mostly all :p

Mauler_77 likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Doesnt sound right that 911 rsr have downshift protection what so ever. :/

LucaBenj likes this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

He talks about having tried out the weekly hotlap challenge on Nords where we drive the Carrera S. He didn't mention it explicitly, but I think he meant that. The RSR might have been for testing purposes. I don't take him as that dumb. ;):)

18. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Why thank you muchly @Ace Pumpkin for that vote of confidence (I think). Yes, that one there what you just said, the Carrera S is what it is, was and always shall be. Excuse my full frontal derpage @kofotsjanne !. Golly gosh, things that have different names a? Challenging to remember them all or what! :confused:.

Ace Pumpkin and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

It's engine protection. And it's copied from the real cars.

The ECU in most modern cars with an Automatic manual transmission will restrict you from downshifting if your downshift will push the revs into a pre-described set of parameters.

EG: you're in 4th at 7000 RPM, you come into a heavy braking zone and grab the left paddle for 3rd gear... Your shift would see the RPM hit 9700 RPM, the ECU has 1000-9000 as its safe zone so... the ECU will refuse your paddle input and no downshift will happen.

So, in short, you're trying to shift down too early and the car is ignoring you in order to preserve itself.