1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Any plans to send game data from the consoles?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Jim Britton, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

Hi folks,

As the author of a well know pit radio app, I was wondering if Kunos had any plans to send game data (race state, car positions, etc) from the console versions? SMS have been able to broadcast UDP packets from the console versions of PCars with a surprisingly rich and useful set of data, which apps like my Crew Chief and other dashboard apps have made good use of.

Is there any similar plan for Assetto Corsa? I did try to make my app work with the PC version using a combination of the Python API data and shared memory data, but the lack of a sensible debug environment and some of the quirks and omissions in the data made this very hard and slow going.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Any plans for console to get text chat and keyboard support Mar 16, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Any plans to fix the broken stats ? Dec 30, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer Future Plans Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Your plans for online races / cp races Apr 17, 2020
    ACC Gameplay plans for more realistic damage mode Feb 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions plans for more realistic damage mode Feb 18, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Any plans to improve MP lobby and give public servers more options Jan 23, 2020
    ACC Physics Plans to balance the cars? Jun 24, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Are here plans for a 'server join message' field? Jun 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs did you have any plans to update FFB and add more effects like spin ffb signal? Mar 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Any plans for adding COTA to the tracks available? Dec 6, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Future DLC plans for ACC l Replay highlights l Interview with Kunos Simulazioni Sep 26, 2018
    Chit Chat Room What are Kunos next track plans? Jun 25, 2017
    Console Lounge Kunos any plans for.. Apr 20, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Any plans for keyboard support? Dec 1, 2016

3. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

Guess not then :(

4. Hey Jim. The Kunos team is quite busy from what I understand getting ready for the console release. Even if there wasn't that, they are always quite busy. I would always give them several days to a weeks time to see, and respond to an inquiry like this.

If you felt the need to get their attention quicker, you could tag them (Lord Kunos - Aristotelis) by using @ with their name. For example @Seria17hri11er. But one should certainly use those sparingly.

5. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

Does this mean you gave up on it? I use your Crew Chief in R3E and I love it. Would be really nice to also have for AC.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  6. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

I would second that as Crew Chief on Pcars is superb and the apps provide a wealth of more information to improve the overall exprience

Hammerpgh and Brett Nagle like this.
  7. vthinsel

vthinsel Gamer

I absolutely second this UDP request for consoles. I write plugins and apps for dashboards , motion simulators, .... Without UDP the game remains, well, a game. With UDP, the game comes to life !
    Fingers crossed.

Larryf1951 and Hammerpgh like this.
  8. Yes, also hoping this happens:)

9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

That app adds so much immersion to that game. If I could have Crew Chief on AC with custom racing grids, I'd be one happy camper.

bradleyland and Hammerpgh like this.
  10. thurlesdrunk

thurlesdrunk Rookie

Also hope this can happen, crew chief and dashboard apps massively add to the sim experience/immersion on pcars on PS4.

Hammerpgh and Brett Nagle like this.
  11. Gustavo Braga

Gustavo Braga Rookie

This should be high in the priority list.

thurlesdrunk likes this.
  12. snoopckuu

snoopckuu Rookie

Specially when game lacks telemetry it might be the best option to provide other apps to do the job.

Would absolutely use this feature.

13. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Just to add my tuppence to the thread being able to have Jim's Crew Chief and the telemetry apps available with AC would be heaven. I hope this can be made possible but if not at least can we have this confirmed rather than be left wondering.

GTP_OZ and thurlesdrunk like this.
  14. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

If they don't the game may as well go in the bin. No telemetry means no sim so y is it described as such.Plus no rain ,no night ,no tyre temps ,no brake temps no set up saves no seat movement Beginning to think this is a bad one

15. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

No wipers no lights

16. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

I was with you on the no telemetry. That is an issue that needs to be addressed.

You, however, should not be shocked at all that there is no day/night cycles or dynamic weather in this game. Kunos has said multiple times the engine can not support those features, and they do not have the data or manpower to properly implement them. Those are not even present on the PC version so why would you think they would be present on the console version?

Totally understandable to expect telemetry in the game as I was expecting it too since it is PRESENT in the PC version. To be upset that weather and day/night cycles are not in the game is ridiculous though since it is not present in the PC version.

thurlesdrunk and Hammerpgh like this.
  17. vthinsel

vthinsel Gamer

Hello.

Comic back to the news. Getting data out from the console requires some approval from Sony/Microsoft. The question is, has Kunos/505 initiated this move so many of us are waiting for..... I hope we get an answer, our a good surprise in next patch :)

18. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

Looks like codies have added udp support for F1 2016 so can we ask again if there are any plans by kunos to do the same

thurlesdrunk likes this.
  19. vthinsel

vthinsel Gamer

Thats a great news. Maybe Dirt Rallye as well will check codies forums right now.
    Looks like UDP is finally making it on consoles ! Hopefully Kunos/555 will port it on consoles as well. Any sim-racing should have this.

20. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Wait what? When? Need to check that out asap :)

21. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Its been on consols for a while now as project CARS was the first tittle to support UDP.