1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa 1.0 out now!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

I mentioned previously that AI is still far from perfect - here's a quick example:

2. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Racer

A nice update, thanks for the hard work but some key features that would really finish off the game are required still.

• Driver swaps
    • Full replays saved after every session
    • Full results saved after every session
    • More options on how to set up a race weekend for online racing
    • longer races in single player with more options
    • Flags
    • Night racing
    • Illuminating Headlights
    I know most of that is in the pipeline for future updates and I can't wait to see them in game.

Once again thanks for the hard work, AC is truly one of the greatest driving experiences I've had in my years in sim racing..

I can't wait for the icing to be ready for the cake!...

3. I think 3 (maybe 4) of those eight things are actually going to happen...

nate likes this.
  4. petesky

petesky Simracer

looks like AC will be one long beta but thats fine with me as the game will keep improving...looking forward to dlc and reviews by non Italian game sites :D:D

5. jamba

jamba Racer

Race simulator 1.0 without flag system and penaltys ...very intersting.

6. I doubt any non Italian game site is going to review AC simply because Kunos doesn't advertise with any of them; Kunos isn't even on the radar over at Jalopnik and that is supposed to be the mecca of car sites for car guys, yet it is all about Forza and GT with an occasional Iracing mention over there.

Umm yeah, those contests of speed that my friends and I have every few days are in no way races, simply because we don't have blue or yellow flags. I wonder what it is we are actually doing when we compete with each other by seeing who can run a set distance the quickest?

7. Josabooba

Josabooba Racer

Just read this whole thread and I think it is only fair to offer my congratualtions and thanks to Kunos - there is no doubt in my mind that they are not sitting about counting the days to christmas - but are busting their collective butts to continue to improve this game which most of us just love.

I do have some issues that annoy me such as the AI issue in the video posted just above by Justin Cruze. Also, I would often notice an AI car seriosuly damaged, but continue to progress around the track trying to complete the race distance - retiring is needed or at least pit and continue. The AI can still be a considerably kamikaze too when you go off track with one of them off behind you - they practically try to drive through and over you keeping you pinned "t-bone" style, in their effort to get back on track.

I agree too with the flags, they are clearly missed. No one has mentioned black flags, something I would love to see implemented to tackle the issue of MP cheating.

Last week I was racing MP at SPA and one particular user continually abused the track limits at such speed that the current system had little or no penalty effect. This just ruins a game for everyone.

I noticed too that the approx fuel per lap is giving crazy results at times STILL - today seeing one litre suggesting 27 laps.

I have to play more tomorrow to see the real benifits of this update, but again, congrats to the devs for finally reaching this milestone.

"A lot done, a lot more still to do"

Happy Holiday to all...

8. Honestly Michael, you're not convincing anyone who's played another racing game or watched racing in real life that flags aren't necessary, so just give it up ;) I'm sure Kunos loves you for trying like 10 times in this thread alone though!

9. jamba

jamba Racer

Im just sayin Michael,im just sayin....

nevermind

10. I get that you want, or need, flags, and little birdies tell me that they are forthcoming soon (tm) but to claim that you can't race without them is ridiculous, honestly.

11. jamba

jamba Racer

You can race just with one car on one track also..
    But thats not the point what im sayin...

12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

For me, AC has top-class physics, FFB, modelling and graphics, but that's all. It still has simcade design quirks (think 5 second penalty, fake race start, damage indicator) and is missing a lot of features expected in a sim these days (the list is well documented). It does feel like netKar Pro all over again. A great core engine, not really packaged as a great game. I would love to see a big game developer take AC as a physics/graphics engine, and turn it into a great game. I raced NKP online for years, and will race AC online for years, however I feel that this is never going to be as good or as polished as it could be.

I may sound less than "grateful" for the work KS have put into date, but this is commercial software, in a competitive market, not some hobby that KS have done for their friends to play. I know the game will continue to improve, and I do wish KS all the success in the world, but my 1.0 review still stands.

13. jamba

jamba Racer

well said

14. kRush

kRush Gamer

Fuel rate server setting?

15. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Gamer

did they fix the d-pad support for fanatec wheels?

16. If a big game developer were to buy out AC they would market the game and then to pay for it they would sell you a 10 shots of NOS for $3.50 and one time use super sticky tires for $1.75. Modding would be done away with and you would be able to purchase skins for a few bucks each. No thanks.

I waited for a year and a half just to play a Tech Preview, then 6 more months for Early Access; I can handle waiting another year or two (or gasp, maybe even three) to get all the features that we want in an all inclusive 'super-sim'.

17. Booster

Booster Racer

everything works well, nice job :)

18. somake

somake Hardcore Simmer

hi,
    The ranges of engine are the immerssion without immerssion no good sensations
    for me it's not so good i'am waiting much more
    we are too much far from the purpose

The sound is not as high as the rest

19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Maybe so, maybe not. We'll never know.

20. Go buy the latest game from EA and tell me I'm wrong. Oh well, I'm happy to wait for quality; you aren't. Life goes on.

speedbee and kingdomblues like this.