1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa 1.0 out now!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Dec 19, 2014.

1. B1gy

B1gy Racer

Tony74 likes this.
  2. rycil

rycil Simracer

Yeah! FFB is back again, and even better and more consistant from one car to the other.

I didn't play the last rc since the 1.05 but now I am back in the business :D

And the kerb of death bug seems to be gone. Well done one the core physics.

Now let's polish the title with the sim features :)

3. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

That happened a lot prior to 1.0 too!

I tried to race the AI @ Imola yesterday with the Ferrari GT2 set at 100% with a full grid.
    I must have tried at least 10 times but they kept rear-ending me at the start.
    I finally just gave up.

The problem with the AI just giving up once they're overtaking is still present to.

Overall the AI is a bit better at breaking but there seems to be a lot of work to do before they are 100% enjoyable.

plaid and claudiopolez like this.
  4. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Hm, something might be wrong with KTM Xbow ffb. Seems to vibrate too much. I'm using 75% ffb in setup with 55% in game.

5. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Ive seen the uppdate information. I cant realy feel it.
    I did a big uppdate myself and bought rFactor 2 just
    to FEEL something new. Awaiting the Nord DLC and
    the dreampack cars DLC.

Juergen Herrmann and JoeMoore like this.
  6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Maybe you minimum FFB setting is too high

7. Epocx

Epocx Alien

have not tried it but i know that the xbow is one of the most vibrant one ;)

8. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I've tried everything from 0 -30 with the minimum FFB settings and I cant feel any difference at all !

MAUZERIS[LT] likes this.
  9. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I think it also depends from wheel to wheel. With my G25 I do notice quite some difference.

10. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

In what way ?

11. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

No more deadzone, good ffb feeling even in slow corners...

12. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Well that's a bugger then. The minimal force that I had set was great for every other single car I tried before that. And there isn't a way to change that in car setup, yet. Oh well, we find new obsticles every day.

13. I don't need to run 107% in the profiler in order to get rid of the deadzone with my DFGT...in fact, doing so makes things worse with noticeable oscillations.
    Between the minimum FFB setting and the tire tweaks it feels like I traded in my DFGT for something costing much, much more.

Xenix and The Moose like this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I excessively kicked the KTM on Nords yesterday, and I can't complain about FFB. In my eyes it improved like in the other cars with my T500

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi @4yrton Senn4 . I see you have a fanatec, can I suggest the following settings?
    Fanatec Wheel Tuning Menu | SEn: OFF | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | AbS: 0 | LIn: OFF | dEA: OFF | drI: 2 or 3 (VERY IMPORTANT) | For: 100 | SPr: OFF | dPr: I prefer 60 but do some testing yourself too |

I think in AC the drI setting to something around 2-3 is VERY important with CSW fanatec wheels. Otherwise everything feels like a constant spring fighting you all the time.

16. yusupov

yusupov Alien

yeah this is really a setting that logitech wheels benefit by far the most from bc of the big deadzone...for belt driven wheels its not really necessary & im sure the effect isnt nearly as dramatic.

17. Sm1ggs

Sm1ggs Racer

Thanks michael turned A I down to 80% wish I had thought of that, now I'm racing on my own in fact I can now catch the back markers up they goin about 20mph but I'm not going to overtake them because they will speed up and RAM me, if you think off anything else to try please let me know

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Why is it some times the fuel predictor reading in the setup screen doesn't appear? Sometimes you add the fuel and it tells you how many laps you can do, other times you adjust the fuel but there is no lap predictor figure...?

19. I can think of something, but it involves you getting skills and I know you don't want to hear that...sad to say, but you would probably be better off with something a little less realistic, and a little more forgiving when it comes to driving. Or you can practice, practice, practice.

I am willing to bet that you are going several car lengths deeper into a corner before braking then they are, and then by time you slam the brakes and get slowed up enough to make the turn they are already hard on the gas and next thing you know, rock meets hard place...with rock having the advantage. Even though they do generally brake a couple car lengths or so too early, try to brake when they do and then get under them at the corner apex. They will move out of the preferred line (their biggest flaw by far, something no human would ever do) and give you the right of way.

Maybe you aren't as slow as I am willing to bet you are, I have been wrong before. If this is the case then you are probably trying to race them like they are human, and at this point that doesn't work. You have to know how they drive, and change your own style in order to have a good time with them. I get rammed and drove through mid corner sometimes also; I'm not saying they are perfect by any means because we all know that they aren't. But I am saying that with some practice, and a little bit of skill, they can be challenging and sometimes even fun to race against.

Martyn and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. Martyn

Martyn Racer

You're perfectly entitled to whatever opinion you like mate, but pissing on someone's bonfire is a crappy thing to do and my response was in the launch thread before it was merged. It's not even marginally constructive.

GT1 and ekosan like this.