1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa 1.0 out now!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

I do practice, I am good and I have this issue also, but not in every car and not on every track. The AI is not great, but it is serviceable on most tracks. But some combinations are worse than others I find. I had one race at Monza where I could not get to t1 without getting rammed- in a straight line before the braking zone. I has nothing to do with skill, it's just bad AI. In that same race an AI went screaming through t1 never hit the brakes and slammed into the wall to the right of the chicane. So adjust the AI if needed, but also try different cars and different tracks

If you want good racing and you want to develop your sim racing skills, find a good league. AI encourages bad race craft as does pubby racing. Lots of times I can tell who in a race is new and learned racing AI because of their slightly psychotic and aggressive driving as though they were racing AI! Everything changes when you have to eat crow in the league forums on Monday.....

To avoid d-bag replies and bad advice, there is an ignore function. Particular fanboys in this forum are ignored by many people. I'm not pointing any fingers, but just thought I'd let you know.

Sm1ggs, 7he4Ce and GT1 like this.
  2. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

Thanks, Michael, for recommending the F40 with street tires. It was the first thing that I did after the update, and an absolute blast. Probably my #1 favourite throttle control practice besides the Cobra. By the way, has there always been a turbo blow-off on the former? Or have I been playing the game with earplugs that I don't know of?

Edit: FINALLY! The magic anti-deadzone option! No more 107%!

3. I know, right!!!!!!!!!

I hosted the Ferrari 312T at Barbagallo last night; another absolutely epic combo.

@Guy Moulton I have no problems with people ignoring me, in fact I often encourage it. I only wish that I could see who all is ignoring me, because there are some members that if I saw their names on the list I would accept it as a badge of honor.

If people don't want to be bothered by a set schedule and/or the general 'seriousness' of a full blown league, I highly recommend the club races at Racedepartment.

zamex23 likes this.
  4. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

The veterans here will reminisce about the early multiplayer days, Hawaii, VROC etc. when it was more of an enthusiast hobby and multiplayer games were not the norm they are now. Guess where those guys cut their teeth to become good at sim racing? Offline against AI because that was all we had before internet speeds allowed sensible multiplayer racing. The slightly psychotic and aggressive drivers are simply slightly psychotic and aggressive!

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

So all entiteld individuals make their poo, I take the opportunity to "review" this product:
    First of all, I'm with AC from day ONE of early access. And from the instance I got behind the wheel, it just made boom...
    I participated in sim racing since Grand Prix Legends first came out. I took the journey with Geoff Crammond's efforts, and really enjoyed Simbins exclamation, namely GTR1, 2 and (not the right timeline, I know) GTL. I always stayed off rF Mods, I must admit until GSC. But with Reizas work taken into account, I have to say, Kunos work is acceptionally superior physics whise. I never drove a virtual car so convincing in any made-of-bits thing before. For shure.
    AC lacks a lot of features, real racing depends on, but I never was more driven into a PC game before. I already have 500+ Hours playtime, wich I never got into any other game, not even Minecraft! So Kudos Kunos

6. Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly Rookie

does this mean u will finally address the issue of the false promises on price kunos made ?
    or should i make my complaint to steam now ?

valve are realising the damage to their own reputation that dodgy developers are causing and gave a warning directly about those developers that they should be honest with their customers, something that kunos have not been

i have been waiting 1 year with kunos trying to ignore this issue

not only did u break the no discounts promise that tricked me into paying double the price but also then u broke the 2nd part about the higher price the game would be on release

steam are kicking some games of of steam entirely for such issues

7. edit: problem solved

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

€€€€€€€€€€

No good guy, no good

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Behave yourself, man...

10. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

removed by mod: not needed, thanks Kunos can't help it if there is a ****ing STEAM SALE. If you don't like that you had to spend 10 bucks/quid/euro's more than what the game is right now (while it's discounted!!!) then BOO-effety-HOO. Go cry to your parents to get some extra allowance then. Seriously, this is just too stupid for words tbh.

And dodgy developers? Kunos has listed WHAT we can expect in this game and they have only added more things to that list eventually so please, you ungrateful ****, be gone from these forums.

And yeah, this will probably result into a free ban for me but this one deserved it.
    Apologies to Kunos & everybody else but it had to be said :)

Justin Cruze, MonSpaNur, nate and 7 others like this.
  11. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

In fairness, no one has answered my question on the early access discount. If Mr jolly is in UK then he has a valid point as far as I can tell. Happy to be proven wrong though

12. Epocx

Epocx Alien

prison architect is now on sale for 80% off, another early access title not yet finished. people payed 30 pound or whatever for that too. nobody gives a s**t
    prices get discounted all the time on steam,
    why would you even care? its only more people that get it, potentially more modder, more serveradmins, more online player. but i guess reason is irrelevant here...
    can you honestly say that it includes times discounts.
    secondly steam is not in the uk as said before.

thirdly and most importantly do you really care that some lucky fellow save a few bucks while you payed more and got the game earlier and maybe helped with development?

MonSpaNur likes this.
  13. What valid point does he have exactly? Since when has a game on Steam not been allowed to go on sale?

And if somebody is in such dire financial straights that they are still this worked up over a twenty spot that they spent a year ago, it is their own fault for having a habit they can't afford or control. Either way, it was all fun and popcorn worthy until he started slandering honest, hardworking people and threatening their livelihood. Holidays or not, I will be quite disappointed in Luca if he doesn't perma ban this joker while he tells me to relax. (or gives me a vacation to force me to)

MonSpaNur and The Moose like this.
  14. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Enough... really. Just read your latest bunch of posts to understand you're clearly trolling. Merry Christmas.

For everybody: it's Steam itself that set the currency exchange for each country.

Enzo Martin, MonSpaNur, nate and 7 others like this.
  15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

No I don't care but I can understand why people would, and the point still stands that a 22% discount was advertised which didn't hold true for UK.

Tony74 likes this.
  16. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Yeah i kinda can too. But that is a steam problem, not a kunos problem.
    Sometimes dollar prices are the same as euro...
    good i dont buy non discounted stuff anyways (except Nords -cant wait)

People, dont freak out over this, LOL

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

We in Germany have a saying for this:

Pennigfuchser

Live with that...

18. Epocx

Epocx Alien

to conclude this topic (for me anyways)

it would have been sensible for kunos to not do a sale right away that was bigger than in recent early access.

but

i couldnt care less. and it ends 2nd july, so what.

19. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Geizhals :D

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

In quote of this:

Calm down...

Epocx: I know better of you, man...