1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Compares To Real Car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Still think best agile NA sports car would be the Ferrari 458, that thing is amazing

djtopa, xystof and Robin_NL like this.
  2. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Point is G force wise in bends it's the same or better as a normal Cayman. And because there is an engine upfront the balance is 'better'(for me) with the special LSD pivoting the car like unreal. (semi moist Assen Moto GP track a few months ago).
    This ponting in an E9x M3 won't do, a 1M won't do either(different LSD) and even the sporty street GT4/GT3Rs have lsds which 'brake' the car(not kidding, McLaren does it too) instead of giving the power the free way ---> outside wheel, like a proper lsd does.//M ftw!

I'm a big GT4/GT3RS/Ferrari fan, but my current car is pretty much 'sporty' when it comes to turn in/pointing in and pivoting a slow bend. And that's how I like it.:)

Edit, RadiantM3 can elaborate how UNDERsteery the GT4 is stock. One of my mates has a GT4 and says the same. M2 has tractionproblems but understeer is 'non existent' so to speak.

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Seria17hri11er likes this.
  3. zenkai

zenkai Rookie

I have an ND Miata (2.0, Bilstein dampers) and compared to the AC-ND the real ND has more grip imho, in AC the car oversteers easier than the real ND.
    Throttle response and shifting feels a little bit "slow" and not as sharp in AC. But overall it is close to the real ND. Sound is realistic, acceleration/braking feels right, even the bodyroll is accurate :)
    Hopefully I will have time to make a little comparison between AC-ND and real ND on the Nordschleife next year :D

4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

The first time I drove in AC everything was very icy and unresponsive. This was do to my system not setup right.

In the resent past I have asked questions about AC and when I got a strange reply I knew I had something wrong. Now AC is very realistic for me. Two months ago my answer would have been much different.

5. Robnitro

Robnitro Rookie

I agree from some of the cars I have driven and rode in- some extreme, that this game is very close.

Also, this game simulates ABS and TC the best. Rf2, automobilista- are horrible when it comes to abs, and TC is ok.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  6. My E90 330i IRL seems more crazy than M3 E92 in Assetto - but I think this is especially because of speed sense and fear factor ;) anyway steering seems similar (more detailed in AC btw)

7. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I had 2 E90 335i's (08 and 11) and steering felt completely different than my E92 M3. The 335i's steering was super light and vague compared to the M3.

8. Yes, it's definitely too light in E90 and not communicative. How do you compare RL M3 to AC M3?

9. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

It's hard to say because the last time I took an unmodified E92 M3 on track was like 5 years ago. Mine was heavily modified (300lbs lighter than stock) so it was a lot more dynamic to drive at the limits. But how it drives in AC is how I'd imagine it would be. :)

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

ABS is chirpping the way a real car does lately but I still can experience complete lock up.
    I am still finding Easter egg fixes that have big impacts to the way my whole system drives.
    I know my peddles need up dating.
    Traction control is right on or at least the last time I used it. My system has been working good enough that I haven't used it for months now.
    ABS I leave at factory. With old cars it doesn't matter and some new cars have brake rotors so big today it's hard to feel in my sim still. Working on more detail.

11. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

The old mazda mx5 mod(that no longer works) was very similar to my 90s mx5 the newer version in the game is quite different but i did not drive the new mx5 irl. I had an elise for about 5 years & that is very similar to the game.

Seria17hri11er likes this.