1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I don't think AC avoided "full grids" on purpose, with the intent of "milking" the players. I think in the beginning Kunos had the license to a few Ferraris and a few Lotuses so they used what they had available and they kept adding things as soon as new opportunities came along, plus they developed tools for modders to ensure that the users themselves would steer the game towards the things they liked the most. With ACC they went exactly the "full grid" way, replicating a whole series.
    I don't know how expensive it is to get the official license of a full series (eg. 1967 Formula 1 or 1981 DRM, or BTCC) but besides the cost the risk is that people don't use it (check ACC GT4 and GT2s) thus sinking the player base. I would like to see some whole series replicated too!

Luis Branco likes this.
  2. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

Let’s just wait and see what AC Evo is first. We’ve known for yonks now it’s a spiritual successor to AC1 rather than ACC, but none of us know for sure what sort of sim it’s going to be, so I’m not sure what all the fuss is about.

ACC will still be there for a few more years to come I’m sure. Whether they support it officially or open it up to modders as Aris mentioned at one point, surely if SRO are still wanting the relationship to continue (that I’m not so sure about) they’ll want to keep supporting ACC/Kunos officially, along with all the car manufacturers. We’ve probably got all the tracks we’re ever going to get now but we’ve seen evidence of the Mustang coming possibly, so I imagine the Aston Evo would follow too if so.

So we’ll have the best of both worlds. A Forza/GT style jack of all trades sim that by its very nature won’t be as focused as ACC, and of course ACC itself. I mean who’s to say that if the Kunos/SRO relationship continues that they aren’t already planning on porting what ACC is into the AC Evo platform? I imagine Kunos are planning for AC EVO to be a long term project with regular updates, so why not. This is just a great time for sim racers and I can’t wait to try out AC EVO and find out more about it. Got my fingers crossed for LMU to survive and provide us with more GT/Endurance focused content too.

3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

For esports purposes I don't see ACC going away anytime soon, I think that while it won't get new tracks, its infrastructure will be kept up for SRO purposes and online competition purposes.

In terms of overall realism it would be hard for AC EVO as a jack of all cars game to keep up. It can get close with some compromises, but I mean you're not going to get very specific tire compound updates like we got in ACC, theres just too many cars and possible tires etc. That said ACC FEELS the best of any driving game ever, it feels the most real in terms of how the car behaves and such. If that feeling can be replicated for all cars in AC EVO it will be an excellent title.

4. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

But GT4 don´t have high beam headlights, did they?

5. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

I'd bet money that this is already part of the plan, with ACC tracks at least. I doubt they'll rebuild them all from scratch. Port them over to AC Evo, polish them up, and boom. Nords for ACC was likely created with an AC Evo port already in mind.

6. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Personally I liked having cars of different classes in each DLC, plus the price of the DLCs were very good. I have bought each and every one of the AC DLCs and I will do the same in EVO

7. aaron0288

Oh yeah, definitely. Kunos tracks are by far the best in the business.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That would be dependent on licensing. I’d be very surprised if all ACC tracks just re-appeared in AC2.

We have tracks in ACC that we were told were prohibitively expensive to licence for AC, Suzuka and Bathurst specifically. SRO series licensing must of helped with this, although Kunos being bought by Digital Bros may have helped also.

9. RSR2KX

RSR2KX Racer

For sure. I can understand that, it´s also legitimate do it that way.

Let´s put i that way. I hope they can integrate licensend series into AC EVO like AMS 2 will with IMSA.

cheers

10. aaron0288

Just seen a post on YouTube from the Overtake_GG channel. They’ve been at Kunos and uploaded a pic of what looks like them testing AC EVO. Hopefully that means some proper info is imminent.

Turk likes this.
  11. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

12. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

Realistic mirrors too. But surely this means they will show some official gameplay soon.

13. Turk

Turk Alien

I didn't notice much of an issue with the GT4. I did notice it on the Ferrari 296 the lights on that are just on/off.

14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Anybody guess how much computer is going to be needed to run this ?

Tarmac Terrorist likes this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm expecting it to be a bit more efficient than unreal engine. So maybe it won't require that beefy of a PC.

Tarmac Terrorist likes this.
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Hopefully thats the case,... thanks.

17. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

If it's ACE, it means that it will support rain. :)

Creating an engine requiring less power than the unreal engine may not be the hardest task. But creating a graphical engine as beautiful as the unreal engine will be very hard.

I'm impatient to see the first video to see what Kunos succeed to do.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  18. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

We know the driving in ACE will feel brilliant, realistic and challenging. Beyond that I just want improved visuals like actual quality shadows, a rearview mirror that won't piss me off when I look at it, tires that spin correctly with speed instead of float, and no dudes in the crowd waving random colored flags (notice the newest ACC tracks don't have this, they know how ridiculous it is).

Also about KS racetrack crowds - other than in the stands, why is nobody ever sitting on chairs or on the ground like actual human beings at most racetracks? :confused: Weird.

19. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

You have to select one of the 24h liveries for them to have endurance / high beams

Turk likes this.
  20. Thanks for the info mate, lets hope Kunos can fix this!