1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psit

Psit Alien

Yes, it will be.
    Those extra light sources (and the consequent shadows) love to cook your GPU :D

2. LRM

LRM Simracer

@Psit "Assetto corsa competizione : one light source edition" for my weak little GPU. :oops:

Psit likes this.
  3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

To me ACC already looks more complete than AC 1.0. Kunos seems to have learned from their mistakes.

chakko likes this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Mistakes? :confused:
    We are not talking about deliberate design decisions driven by performance requirements and other limitations?

Dookie, rauf00, elchshooter and 3 others like this.
  5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

No, we're talking about AC 1.0 having **** AI, no pitstops for AI, no timed races, having to click around to choose what to do during pitstops, and it basically being a hotlap simulator.

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

What is wrong with AI now and what makes you think it will be drastically different in ACC?
    What do you expect from it?

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'm talking AC 1.0. Not my fault if you can't read.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't entirely agree with @Poguinhas ("hotlap simulator"...) but I would hope and... expect that the AI can make strategies now, choose fuel and tyres better, pit for tyres at all (especially since there's changing weather now), that sort of stuff. If the AI can't do that there's just no sense in playing endurance races offline, it won't work. In AC it's already hit and miss if you can have a good race weekend or not depending on if the AI makes weird stops or not (plus a lot of the cars aren't balanced well, even GT3 - and no tools to BoP refuelling for example with consumption all over the place).

LChaves likes this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

For 4K and tripples, yeah most likely. For 1080p and single screen (happy camper here:) ) most likely not.

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It's hard to digest from your response that you were referring to the very specific release of AC from 2014, that didn't even have pits, esp. when you use present continuous suggesting current state.
    And why are you always trying to spice all your responses with a little insult? Is it some sort of cultural thing?

11. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I said the AI was bad, there were no single player pitstops, no timed races and you had to click around to make a pitstop, which are clearly not features of the current AC build.
    Then you ask "What is wrong with AI now...[?]" which to me indicates that you didn't even read half of what I said, not to mention that both my posts had "1.0" clearly written on them.
    I see little excuse for having missed my point.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  12. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Sigh...
    ...is it really necessary to fuel every discussion with that offensive writing style?

Btw.: 83 percent of simracers showing aggressive behaviour forgot to masturbate for at least 72 hours.

rycil, 6S.Manu, miky and 3 others like this.
  13. tow

tow Racer

AC1 setting for my GTX970: Resolution 1366 x 768, almost all graphic setting is ultra, some effect like mirror and smoke at medium or low. Most of the time get solid 60 fps, sometime frame drop during replay. ACC physics and graphic more heavy than AC1, don't put hope for 1080p 60 fps with ultra setting, maybe this card can handle when play with only one single car hotlap.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  14. plaid

plaid Alien

Yes. If you only play offline you simply rely on a good AI. With the limitations regarding content its even more important, that the endurance races work well with the AI. And the majority of people playin these games play offline. I think most are used to a big amount of content, especially cars and also with different kinds of racing (circuit, oval, endurance, dirt etc.), so its probably no easy to attract people with a more focused but also limited game. But if that what the game offers is really good - and that requires more than good physics and ffb - it can be still worth it, even you don't belong to the enthusiasts.
    Multiclass makes it far more tricky cause the faster cars/classes need to keep up with the player regarding overlapping, but this and problems with pitstops basicly makes it useless in PCars2 imo.

I had plent of fun with streetcars - while mostly on mod tracks. As game about racing motorsport AC wasn't really great for me, while the limitations had a reason, of course. You can't generalise it, but for me hotlap sim fits it more or less.

If you bother about the tone if you talk with someone you could check some of your posts in the PCars2 thread.

----

In general Im pretty sure that there will be some people who don't like ACC much or not at all, but as long as someone enjoys it, why bothe

15. tow

tow Racer

ZioYuri78 and Fremen_78 like this.
  16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

That is just countdown to 24hrs of Spa. But using ACC picture on it hmm :D Let speculation start

Also would be simbolic from devs to release EA on 24hrs of spa. But why would they make all gamers focus on game and not the Spa race :D hahah

Fremen_78 likes this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Associated text says "Launch Assetto Corsa Competizione".
    https://www.total24hours.com/gallery
    Images are from February so it could just be from the announcement? Not sure why they pop up now though. The count-down is for the 24h itself.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    ZioYuri78 likes this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I always imagined 24h of Spa would be most likely launch date for EA, was almost certain until this September thing popped up.

Also because check when 43:50 Paul Jeffrey asks about EA release date, hear Marcos response. But that interview was in beginning of March of course, just rough estimate at the time and he didn't say anything definitive.

But still, in the https://www.total24hours.com/ countdown (into the race itself), the pictures scrolling behind it, are only ACC pictures. No real photos mixed in between. Interesting...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Nahkamarakatti and tow like this.
  19. tow

tow Racer

This is why i feel weird why they not post the real photo.

Micii1 likes this.
  20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Well, 26 days and 13 hours from now will be midnight from day 27 to 28. Even though I'm a few hours behind Europe, the Spa 24 won't start at 3 or 4 in the morning. So that may actually be for ACC and not the Spa 24. Not to mention, why would they tease a race with only pictures from a game?

But also, why would they tease a game instead of their biggest race in the year?

Who knows? A man can dream, right?

D.Jankovic, Micii1 and ShredatorFIN like this.