1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa release candidate v1.0.0

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Bailey

Bailey Alien

GT cars aren't supposed to be difficult to drive. Seems fine to me.
    ~Bailey

diwant likes this.
  2. Fanatoni

Fanatoni Rookie

That´s it! I had it on "Sport". And now on "Default" I saw the difference already after the first Moment on the track!.. It´s a simple but amazing mod! Thank you.

First screenshot with "1" and second one with "0": :cool:

default1.jpg
    default0.jpg

3. Icky427

Icky427 Racer

anyone know how to turn off the wrong way indicator? I can see having it in a race, but in practice maybe I just feel like going the other way, don't judge me! :p

4. Fanatoni

Fanatoni Rookie

Today I made a complete new Installation of AC 1.0.3 RC.

Now I have ingame only 40-70 FPS! WTF?

Until now I had three times more than this! What is wrong? My settings are still the same (all at max.) and before the new Installation everything has worked perfectly... :(

(My Hardware: i7 4790, 16GB, GTX780 3GB, single screen)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  5. Fear

Fear Racer

I'm experiencing significant FPS loss with the RC too, also on a fresh install.
    Don't know what's causing it... :(

Fanatoni likes this.
  6. You should include your logs, at least.

7. Fear

Fear Racer

Will they be of any use, provided that I don't have the logs from 22.9?
    I can't find nothing wrong with the behavior of AC after the last update, just my FPS is lower.

8. i raced last night - career mode with 9 AI cars. Then I did a race weekend with 15 AI cars. Practice and qualify were fine -then during the race massive FPS dip and sound crackles and such. I need more testing to confirm the problem. It might be a bug of some kind - i'll look further sometime this week.

EDIT: Before the RC, I had no problem with 15 AI cars.

9. Fanatoni

Fanatoni Rookie

And what if I already deleted my old logs? (If you mean the logs from the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa/Logs folder) I only saved the complete AC-Folder from SteamApps/Common... :-(

10. Open a session and play until you experience the FPS drop. Exit the game, go to your documents, zip the folders and upload them here or in a dedicated thread in the appropriate forum section.

11. Fanatoni

Fanatoni Rookie

And what does that tell you?
    Here ist the complete AC-folder:

Attached Files:

12. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

PC specs? (including PSU please).

13. Jaye

Jaye Alien

From his ingame settings (everything maxed including reflections and smoke) i bet on SLI ^^

poet likes this.
  14. Fanatoni

Fanatoni Rookie

Corsair Carbide 400R
    ASUS Z97-K
    Intel i7-4790 (4x3.6 GHz)
    16GB-Ram (Corsair 2x8GB)
    Scythe Mugen 3 Rev. B CPU fan
    240GB SSD Kingston + 2TB HDD Seagate
    Geforce GTX 780 3GB
    Corsair CX600W ATX PSU

15. Fanatoni

Fanatoni Rookie

After the pure update to 1.0.0-1.0.3 RC everything worked perfectly! Only after the complete new Installation it no longer works!

16. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Should have offered you £20 on that bet. :p

@Fanatoni, turn down smoke and reflections, faces per cube to 3 or 4 should be fine.
    And you're knocking on the door of overloading your PSU with those specs. Do you have a lot of peripheral devices connected as well?

17. Jaye

Jaye Alien

@ poet:
    did i say anything? :rolleyes:

@ Fanatoni:
    Maybe you run no post processing before without noticing and with the fresh install it was activated.

18. Having high or ultra shadows might be part of the problem. Your card is good enough but it seems that shadows over medium are somewhat bugged.

Having FXAA enabled might also be part of the problem; no reason to have FXAA and AA used together IIRC.

19. Fanatoni

Fanatoni Rookie

Jaye, I definitely had before all PP like now! Becouse of this I don´t understand, why everything was good after the Update, but no more after the complete new installation!

I tested your suggestions right now. The smoke quality does not affect the FPS. But the reflections!

If I turn down reflection rendering frequency to Static (Min.) and reflection quality at Ultra, I have 70FPS in stand, at high 120 FPS, at medium already 140 FPS.
    Ingame in certain sectors the 120 FPS falls down to 40-50 FPS... Slideshow!

The only thing that is inexplicable for me, is that everything worked before the new installation! Still after the update to 1.0.3 RC with the same settings (all at max.)... o_O

20. Three times more? Are you sure about that? For me that sounds like a bad joke. I have factory overclocked GTX 770 which should be pretty close to 780 in terms of performance and I didn't had this much of fps ever with AC. Not even close to be honest..

Only thing I've noticed is slight improvement performance wise after 1.0.