1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa release candidate v1.0.0

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Fanatoni

Fanatoni Rookie

Yes, I´m definitely sure, it was always at least 180FPS and everything ran smoothly!

2. All settings at Maximum, and 180fps?? o_O Give my regards to SkyNet.

3. There is no way you were getting 180FPS with every setting maxed. No. Way.

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I max my settings at 1080p and see 140fps, 90at the back of a 24car grid and my pc isnt that great anymore. So if he has got a decent rig i dont see why its impossible (on phone, cant see sigs)

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have a 670 wf and when I put everything at max, i mean EVERYTHING I have 33fps by just sit in the car without moving, on Spa.

I dont think you max your settings, not even close.

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Think what you like.

7. LORENZOO

LORENZOO Gamer

I dont see how you can max out this game with a 680. I have a 770, which is equivalent and even a little better, and I am far from maxed out. Reflections eat up everything.

Or maybe assetto corsa makes good use of i7?

8. Fanatoni

Fanatoni Rookie

I had definitely all settings at max. and all ran fluently. Now no more. Where is the bug? :(

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I see now that he is using vista, if he not trolling by having it in hes sign. Its possible that vista cant use some of the effects in AC and thats why he have that kind of fps, because he actually not having everything maxed out even if he think so.

10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Try to reset to default nvidia control panel settings, then configure it all again.

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I use win7 now.

Thought id changed it.

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Use shadow play, show your graphics settings and then join a game. I had a ferrari 458 gt2 on spa. Just show us, pl0x. Video that is.

13. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

Not sure if this is too much OT, but I sometimes also experience extreme performance shifts with the system as specified in my signature. What almost always helps me is to alt+tab out of the game (which is oddly running in some kind of windowed-fullscreen-mode, and alt+tab back, and I'm safe to run at capped 60fps whereever I go. Maybe some kind of issue where the graphics card or the CPU don't know when to run at full steam?

14. LORENZOO

LORENZOO Gamer

performance is better than ever for me and most people in this 1.0 RC, and I think they will optimize it even more in time. I am quite happy with that as it was one of my major fears (having spent quite a lot for a new 770, and not beeing able to have so much more eye candy than on 560. Fixed now... :D)

For me the biggest flaw of the game is FFB. I like rfactor 2 / Iracing ffb better. And I tried LOTS of different settings. It is just sad because the physics model is perfect and I don't think its arcade at all, having tried rf2 and iracing it is actually quite the same. And it is beautiful because it is fully modable so we can expect lot of content, pricing is also good and graphics are really good. So I will stick to this, but I hope FFB will get better !

I think the main problem is how they approached this, wanting us to feel only what you feel in a real wheel and get what they call "canned effects" aside. IMHO it is not how it should be done because all these canned effects actually help to have a better feel for the game, and makes it more intense. Except if you have the luxury of having a fully motored seat to feel all of these other little things.

Anyone that says Assetto corsa ffb is the best i will not understand, or it is because of G27 that has bad support or something that I don't know of. But again, fully moddable, so i wonder if someone will come up with something else than stock ffb :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    earlyapex likes this.
  15. FFB is overrated as far as I am concerned. I am satisfied as long as I can feel the kerbs when I go over them, and feel some kind of reaction in the steering wheel when the tyres "bite" into the surface of the track in a slide. Other than that, I don't care :)

16. You mean its wrong if simulation software tries to deliver the feedback you would get irl...? Can't see the logic behind this one..

This is exactly the thing that makes AC FFB so fantastic.

17. Just took the Lotus Elise SC out for a quick spin at Vallelunga Club, and it certainly feels more stable under braking and through corners. I can catch the rear end better when it starts to slide, although I am not sure if this is due to the "factory" traction control or not. Did this car have any TC at all in version 0.22.9? Whatever the case, it's a nicer drive in the RC version.

18. Very interesting. I have just driven the other two Elise versions at Vallelunga Club, and I discovered that the Step 1 version had the "loosest" rear end of all three. In version 0.22.9, the standard Elise SC was the one with the greatest tendency to "lose it" when cornering. My fastest lap times in all three were practically identical (around 0:57.5 with default setup and 50 per cent fuel).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  19. greed378

greed378 Rookie

Update has just released

qwbufp and diwant like this.
  20. Cant find any changelog yet