1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa wikipedia page - someone should set it right

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Nov 27, 2015.

1. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Under the Reception section ...

Most of the reference links point to an infamous blog we all know about. Hardly the truth when someone just wants to see one side of the coin.

Does wikipedia allow anybody to edit such articles without proper data to back it up? Either Kunos or someone should make sure this is corrected.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Of course they do, I tidied it up once but evidently someone bought back all the terrible[1] citations.

[1] opinion, not real news sites, etc.

rainey06au likes this.
  4. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

wow thats so cringeworthy, that sad **** really is so desperate for whatever his sim of choice is to be more successful than ac

5. as far as I know the guys have been fighting this "war" for some weeks... it's hard to win against people that have literally nothing better to do in life than express their frustration as DNA/cum waste, especially when you are trying to actually do some real work.
    As usual, stupidity will win... it's incredible that part of the dev team has to waste time every day to fix this ****.

This really exposes the sad state of the community at the moment.. where a bunch of mentally damaged individuals make an entire community look bad.. they are, LITERALLY, the daesh of sim racing.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Andy-R, Andrex, wedge_one and 50 others like this.
  6. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Hahaha. I actualy feel sorry for him. I would say. Nothing to see here. Just keep walking...

Horus likes this.
  7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

This is why I never use Wikipedia.
    I looked up a subject in which I have more than 20 years experience in, and it was full of BS from one guys perspective. Some of it was just completely untrue and potentially a major cost burden to the unsuspecting (like, knock your house down and rebuild it, major).
    Same thing with AC it seems.
    That's about all you can expect from wiki unfortunately.

8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

As someone used to say, I think this can resume what's been happening for months:
    "The more your product gets popular, the more haters it will attract. It's just a statistical fact. Having a couple of blogs/users dedicated to discredit your game is just yet another milestone on the road to success. Nobody will bother writing bad stuff on a game nobody cares about. So it's all good.. ignore them and stay focused on what you are doing. The solution is simple: close the computer, go out for a walk, enjoy life... do all the things these idiots can't do."

There's as well another quote I like, from a Valve dev:
    "Direct anger towards problems - not people; Focus energies on answers - not excuses."

9. Horus

Horus Alien

I can see a quote from our great and wise leader being posted on a certain site again. :D

10. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

And the extreme attitude of such individuals means that its become scary for normal critics to actually post their opinions even if they do in a polite and respectful way due to the fear of being branded as an accomplice or a fanboy etc. People have stopped having polite and meaningful discussions but rather just want to force their opinion on others. There is a lack of trust and normal individuals suffer due to a few sour grapes.

Even in our forum, the tolerance towards differing opinions is very less just due to such extremists.

11. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

It's essentially been hijacked by the AC hating crowd. I've seen the exact same dialogue posted on that pretendracecars site, so I'm pretty certain it's just some upset RF2 guys.

12. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wikipedia's bureaucracy is a nightmare: if I'm reading this correctly, as Kunos members, we can't do anything about that for obvious conflict of interest.

So we need the help of external users to fix this stuff.

You can spam your BS in every site/discussion, but doing mess in Wikipedia is really too much: seriously that guy must have mental issues. I'm really sad for him.

13. Horus

Horus Alien

Hey! Let's face it silly things are typed from all manner of people/sites. If that is all it takes to make someone not buy/use a product then they are usually not the type of person to think for themselves and as such who really cares. I have people in my Steam friends list that own AC but do not like it, some who own PCars/rF/RRO/GSCE etc etc who prefer AC. Each to their own, but if they feel the need to type BS on a wiki page then good luck to them. Constructive criticism is so much better than surreptitious web pages. Hey! Sometimes Pretendcars does actually hit the nail on the head.

Personally I see whoever is doing that as a sad and lonely person that needs help separating reality from online experiences. We do not have to like the same things, but we still have to respect others choices and the blood and sweat ALL developers put into making our games fun and exciting.

14. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

I don't know if Austin Ogonoski has any mental issues, and I don't think it's right to comment on that, (heck, we don't even know if he wrote what was in the Wiki entry, despite the fact that it was clearly inspired by the content of his blog) but it's clear to see that he has realized that by publishing highly controversial articles he has become somewhat of an infamous minor-celebrity. He knows this and uses his blog purely to create controversy and to get people angry, thus giving his site more traffic. I mean holy cow, have you seen the comments section? It makes the Youtube comments section look like a bunch of angels.

Whilst he and his blog probably shouldn't be compared to the absolute insanity of ISIS, one comparison can be made in that he feeds off of publicity, much like ISIS. The more he is ignored the better the chances are that his "Every sim is ****" blog will dissolve into nothingness.

The best thing you can do is not visit PRC.net. Because the less publicity he receives, the better. And that includes threads like this.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Robin_NL, baboon, Minolin and 5 others like this.
  15. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Not talking about him as owner of the blog: in truth sometimes I read it to have some fun. :D
    I'm talking about the one who spams in every discussion and repeatedly create new accounts.

baboon likes this.
  16. The comments about the AC physics engine alone are laughable.

17. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

After celebrity gossip, now racesimulator gossip :rolleyes:

18. dauntless

dauntless Alien

The problem that someone sees to have with the wikipedia is that he seems to think the wiki page should be like a review about the game. It should not be a review, it should be a description of what ac is.

Robin_NL, Kevin Wolfe and ears1991 like this.
  19. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

I just see it as a compliment that some individuals are willing to go to these extremes because AC is threatening their favorite sims. Doesn't take away the fact it's very annoying to deal with, but there's a possitive to every negative!

20. Somehow this individuals always get all the attention they are seeking. Look at this thread, two devs write in here yet some thread issues seem to be forgotten.

21. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

the ***** is using a cuebot to edit the page