1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa wikipedia page - someone should set it right

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I see the vandalism made it to the live version of the page. It needs to be edited out, by someone who knows how wiki works.

2. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Eero likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do people even use wikipedia to check out video games?

Epocx likes this.
  4. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

he just uses a bot too reload his crap and blocked my account when i edited it

5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Some people really do have too much time on their hands.

Fear and Glaurung like this.
  6. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

7. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

I'm going to make an attempt of getting into contact with Wikipedia itself. It's probably not going to do much, but I'll be damned if I don't at least give it a try.

8. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It got protected by a wikipedia admin so only registered users can edit it, but whoever the troll is just registered & continued reverting edits.

9. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I'm surprised that the PCars page is a lot cleaner than AC's page, despite that site has thrown more **** on PCars. I think that basically shows how fans of that game
    People should definitely do something imo. Don't just remove all the citation from that blog in an aggressive way with badly made comments, but put in more reviews from larger, more well-known websites to keep you edition neutral. Just compare the reception section in PCars webpage and the AC page to see the difference.

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

This is getting ridiculous... "Restore most of the deleted material until consensus for its removal has been reached" is the reason for latest reversal by an established user which reversed it of course to the state that heavily references pretendcars.net. That page is in dire need of actual reliable, verifyable sources and I highly question that any administrator or reviewer even looked at the sources cited.

The issue with this is that Assetto Corsa sadly doesn't seem to have much professional English coverage in general.

11. JamesYZN

JamesYZN Racer

I'm flattered that somebody's tried to make me a legitimate source on Wikipedia, but there's no need for a flurry of PRC links (six by my count) and a total omission of quotes from mainstream gaming sites. That's not how the Reception section is intended to be used at all. It's supposed to be A, B, and C said positive things such as _____, whereas X, Y, and Z said negative things such as _______.

Then again, Wikipedia labels Gamergate as a harassment campaign towards women thanks to biased editors trying to control a narrative, so this is probably the same deal.

Oh well. Pretty girls on YouTube have to deal with a constant stream of weird guys digging a bit too deep, a few biased Wikipedia edits on a video game article are pretty tame by comparison. Welcome to the internet.

12. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Being an *****le is still a choice. As much as the blog has some really well written articles, most of it, at least as of recent is just ****ting on everything. Living up to your site's motto I guess "the worst site you could possibly visit for your simracing news".

13. rainey06au

rainey06au Hardcore Simmer

I started reading a few blog posts on that site and immediately realised the author is just a RaceRoom and pCARS advocate that refuses to accept that other sims can do things better. NEXT!

14. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I'm not actually sure what sim he likes, he seems to hate them all equally.

Fear and jasjeet like this.
  15. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

Anyone with access to basic education knows that Wikipedia is a highly questionable source of information, simply because of what is happening on that particular article. Handing in a serious paper/article/whatever with one-sided sourcery (hahaha!) usually gets you a boot in the behind, but on Wikipedia you can even go so far as to defend the anti-truth with a bot-enhanced democratic decision because your ego is the size of a planet.

It's one thing to criticize Assetto Corsa, but not like this. This is childish.

What bothers me most, or.. let's say... pisses me the hell off, is that PRC prides itself on being "the worst possible source" and then uses that premise to justify its bullcrap. It strongly reminds me of one particular user on this forum who is no longer with us, or so I think. He used to be going on about how he is the world's most misunderstood and hated guy in the world as a pretense to his accordingly outrageous demeanor. Does not compute. Play the game or don't. If somebody asks you, tell them why you play it or why you don't play it. But don't go and make a cult out of it.

16. myimac

myimac Alien

How's being factually incorrect treating the site? Rain lolz! You actually thought that hahah

17. JamesYZN

JamesYZN Racer

A pCars advocate?

This is how I know you have no idea what you're talking about.

18. myimac

myimac Alien

Speaking of incorrect information... Don't you think it's important to be a little more factual on PRC? I used to think the site posed an interesting counterpoint to single sim fanboyism. Turns out that it kinda nurtures and reinforces the opinions of some very deranged people.

All race sims are broken. We get it.
    Some sims do one thing better than other. We get it
    Kunos has made mistakes. True
    Sector 3 has made mistakes. True
    Slightly Mad studios and every other developer has made mistakes. True.

Unfortunately where we are at is that no sim does everything great. It is unlikely to change.

Each developer makes their game in a vacuum from other developers. Slight differences in design choices influence and effect the game. By the end the differences are pronounced but not easily reversible.

I will keep doing what I currently do. I support all the developers I can because when one sim does badly we all do badly. Saying that some developers choose to make it hard to do that. I want to support ISI with Rfactor 2. Their business model prevents me being willing to do that. I have held out on Raceroom as the business model is quite expensive. However at €50 euros I jumped in.

I guess my point is this.

It's ok to criticise the sim developers and community, but tone is important.

As a passionate sim racer I want nothing more than sim racing to get better and better. Anybody that feels racing could be better and highlights flaws in it currently I completely back but without the reference of the good stuff then this becomes unhelpful.

Complain about Assetto. Fine. But also point out the good stuff. The BMW 235i with 10 good people is amazing fun to drive. I have had some of my best fun there. Don't just hate, participate.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  19. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Most fun I had personally was racing the GT-86's, Super cars (12c, 458, etc) and drift tandems.

20. myimac

myimac Alien

Yeah they are fun too. I love driving them with TC turned off