1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best time with standard setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

GT Cars i would say.
    Easier than exos st/s1, but you can play a lot with settings.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

2. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Agree. Tire pressure, then suspension setup to balance the car. I've made good progress on balancing the Z4 GT3, with softer front and harder rear susp. I'm still slow, but that's mostly up to my noob driving line :)

It's a joy to push it hard, once the car cooperates.

3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

almost right :p still this is how I setup as well

4. If you are 13 seconds off the pace you are doing enough of the basics wrong that no setup is going to help much......I suggest you pick a simple street car (I recommend the E92 M3), put the semi-slicks on and lower the fuel to about 12 liters.....now go to your favorite or most known track (I suggest Magione) and make hundreds and hundreds of laps against your ghost....If you are constantly spinning out then set stability control to 50%.

5. If he is 13 seconds off the pace the last thing he needs is a car with dozens of setup options.....he isn't that far off pace because of default set.

6. Bailey

Bailey Alien

When I test I chose Imola. It has pretty much everything every other track has and more.

Hills (uphill braking and downhill braking)
    Flats (sector 1)
    A strait (it's straight enough :p)
    Kurbs (if you want to hop them)
    A chicane
    etc.

My number 2 choice after Imola is Silverstone. The only reason I don't tend to test there is the lack of gradients (hills)

~Bailey

7. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

If you are trying to wrap your head around high downforce open wheelers I recommend starting with the Tatuus Formula Abarth.

Work your way up to Exos 125, and finally the s1. I have a solid control over the Exos 125, but I am not even remotely close to being able to control the s1 version.

8. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

I like Imola too :)

Okay If I should concentrate on the basics instead of setups.. how close to the WR should I expect setups to potentially start helping? 101-102%?
    If you think the standard setups are good enough to learn on then I will use them.. I feel good about sitting around #300 for all my 'All Around' times.. and I know I could improve with the default setup.
    But it seems everyone else says setups are a must for getting comfortable with the cars.

Thx for the tips

9. I'm not alien fast for sure but all my times with street cars are with default setup with only changes being stickiest tires and lower the fuel to 12 liters....you can look me up on RSR and for the most part I am usually two to three seconds off the pace....with the street cars I figure a great setup would maybe buy me a half second or so on an average length track.

10. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Default set is pleanty decent on AC. Can get up to a second with it on cerain pleaces. Od course I'm talking GT cars here. What's kind of unreasonable is sitting on limiter at Monza or even Imola with high wings. Along with that some basic spring and brake balance front vs rear changes could be implemented as basic setup for each track. Like youll quickly learn to stiffen up rear around mugello and silverstone. Sure depending on type of curbs some damper changes added for some track too. Mayble less reboud on imola. And to give it a nice touch tweak the nipple with some camber and toe balancing. If that helps any.

Quite sure in less then a month work a single kunos engineer could do this. It would certainly be very appealing and greatly helpful to more amateur and gentleman population of drivers. Not to mention how greatly helpful it would be for AIs. After all the game has career mode.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  11. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

Hey man, Ive seen your Steam name on some leaderboards.. I think for the weekly challenge! You have some good times. Youve given me confidence the default setups are great to start with.

Niki youre speaking Chinese to me bro lol

spiritofsenna likes this.
  12. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

eh?

Ethan Dean and tabis like this.
  13. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

One of the fastest* :cool:

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

14. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

You wot bro.

It's hard to make it plain and simple when complicated matter is in question. I really don't want to hold a lecture on setting a car up.
    Basic setup for each car/track combination would be welcomed addition by me. :oops: Not for myself, but for AI to be more competitive and for those who struggle with setups. Cheers.

15. justDrive

justDrive Racer

And just some tips for those trying to perfect the line BEFORE you mess with the set up of the car... on a brand new track I generally will take 3-4 laps getting some sort of line known for basics and then move up to 90% to see how it feels, after two laps I will then take two more laps to go about 70% and focus on getting all my marks (braking points, apex, exit points) and then again after two laps I will go up to about 95% and I should be quiet comfortable with the line, at this point I start to experiment with more aggressive lines or something of that sort. For that lap I will only experiment with one corner going 70% into it but the rest of the track at 90-95% then the next lap I will try it at 90% if I was comfortable with it when going 70. Then again cool down about another few laps and go 80% for a few laps and so on. Do this until you don't miss a single mark at 95% and with this method it shouldn't take too long.
    Of course when you start to make very fast lap times then you can mess with set up, hope this helps some people as this is what I do out on the track

Brainspiller likes this.
  16. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

There´s no setup that will overcome wrong lines/technique. I bet any default setup will get within 3sec of the top5 in a 90sec track easily.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

it your way off pace, how about just recommending some ai races with the ai strength set to something you can be competetive with, drive with the pace see the lines they take see where they are breaking and trying to focus on racing rather than hotlapping for a bit, you might find your times dropping sharply after a few races, set the ai strength up as you improve.

if you are way off the paces, then mostly your breaking too early not carrying enough speed through the corners, part of it is having the confidence to stand on the breaks at the last second and that can be difficult.

also watching some people lapping on youtube can give an idea of lines and gears in corners or what you should be working towards.

studying breaking techniques can be useful also, tail breaking, apex breaking, etc all different styles to breaking that work better or worse on different types of cars.

18. iVG

iVG Alien

Firstly, a big HELLO to everyone (my first post on this forum)
    Just got back to work and saw that post with 13 seconds off the pace time after a whole day of practice. So... Time for some hot laps.
    As I said, working all night - totally not in top form for AC but gave it a go. First time in that car (Lotus 2 Eleven). Outlap - 301 best time, another slow to medium lap 200th, hotlap 1 - top 100, hotlap 2 60th. With the default setup. Back to garage, dump some fuel, stiffen front springs, loosen back springs for traciton, back to track, 2 hot laps, 52nd...

All done with default setup apart from fuel load and couple of clicks on the springs. I really don't know how after a full day of practice, even with the vanilla setup someone couldn't brake the top 300. It can't be a setup issue for sure. My humble opinion on that particular Lotus is that the steering wheel is 'on the right foot' if you get me. Lift the pedal and you get huge oversteer, floor it - steers like a lorry. So map your steering inputs to your throttle in your brain... If you want the car to turn, don't just turn the wheel, play with the throttle. Car is easy to save out of slow corners if you push it too hard.
    The other moment is braking and turning (loads of them corners down in Silverstone). Brake, blip-downshift while not letting your foot of the throttle completely. If you do that, the differential is SO LOOSE that it throws the back left and right (most probably spinning you out).

As I said, I'm not the fastest driver (yet ;) ) but got some decent times since I bought the game 2 weeks ago. Many car/track combinations that I haven't tried yet but the ones I had are in the top 50 at least (with some occasional top 10).

Hope it helps. See you around.

19. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Because the Silverstone track is so flat and wide, it's impossible to find correct turn in points and fast line. The apex is always hidden. It's IMO the most difficult track to test setups on.

Shaddix and Brainspiller like this.
  20. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. 90% of what? What are these percentages?

Are you just talking about how hard you're pushing? Cuz you don't really learn anything going 70-80% except which direction a corner might go in. You cant learn a braking point when you're not going at proper speed. And when you don't have your braking point right, everything else that follows generally becomes irrelevant. You think you've 'learned' your braking point at the 100m board and you learn your way around the corner from there, but then when you start pushing and have to brake earlier(cuz you're arriving faster) or later(because you were being lax on the brakes before), you find that you have to rethink/relearn how to take the entire corner. And relearning does not come naturally to people as its far more comfortable to keep doing what you've 'learned' to do previously. Its better to learn to do it right in the first place, or at least as close to 'right' as you can make it, which means learning that braking point at 100%.

iVG likes this.