1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Brakes: (With ABS off) Too strong. Suggest Brake Pressure/Sensitivity Setting?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by edgec0m, Nov 24, 2013.

1. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

I have found this mentioned somewhat in another thread, but feel it would benefit from being noted as a general brake force comment and suggestion.
    (Other forum thread... https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/setup-brake-pressure.1918/#post-15692 )

The brakes are too strong/sensitive.

I am using G27 pedals (with increased resistance as the pedal travels - like an aka "Nixim" mod).

I can't make use of enough of the pedal travel/pressure before locking up, and it's trickier and touchier than it seems it should be to modulate. Perhaps there is a "physics/tyre" element to this equation too...?

Adjusting the brake linearity setting can help, but still doesn't get it feeling right - Right relative to other sims, and right relative to driving a real car (I have some road car track experience).

I won't go on an on, I'm sure you get the idea, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I read in the existing thread linked above that an AC team member mentioned that they may consider adding some kind of brake pressure/sensitivity setting.

I would like to express my support for a brake pressure / sensitivity setting.

Since it's not exactly the same with all cars, it might be best implemented as a "brake pressure" setting for each vehicle (like LFS).

I would also like to express kudos to Kunos for this outstanding body of work. :)

AlienGTR, FUORIGIRI, Hervé and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Brakes: (With ABS off) Lock-up with insufficient pedal input. Nov 25, 2013
    ACC Physics AI Brakes always cold? Today at 12:49 AM
    ACC Physics brakes, motec no longer works to adjust the car? Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Cannot remap throttle / brakes on gamepad Nov 27, 2022
    ACC Gameplay My Disc brakes aren't glowing anymore? Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Physics Advice on fuel and brakes for 90 minute race Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Physics 1.6.3 - 2018 porsche on 2020 track: wet tires pick up too much heat from brakes Dec 2, 2020
    ACC Physics Sudden loss of speed with 100% throttle [riding the brakes] Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyres and Brakes problems Aug 1, 2020
    Console Lounge changing brakes/tires, how often? Jul 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can't adjust brakes - g920 Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Physics Motec: Brakes sample rate Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G920 Brakes Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Physics Brakes: Optimal temperature Jun 3, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars PORSHCE BRAKES IN NSX EVO GT3 Apr 29, 2020

3. xrider55

xrider55 Racer

yeah, the brake is just too sensitive and the tires lock to early... I use the nixim mod too and before I can feel stiffness in the brake pedal the tires lock too soon...

edgec0m likes this.
  4. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

I can confirm this as well. However, it has always been a G2x problem using the whole range of the pedals. Some softwares can be used to get it better, so some sort of adjustable IN/OUT curve must be used. Would be great if this could be included ingame. Otherwise there's always DXtweak (if I remember correctly).

5. Rob Manser

Rob Manser Racer

Yep, me too. All the cars feel like Audis :D

I'm using a G27 too. Most of the cars in the sim have brakes that need a fair bit of force in real life. Even for the ones that don't, the brakes are way too sensitive. Strange - Netkar was spot on.

Hervé likes this.
  6. Zorg

Zorg Gamer

I also get a little too much wheel locking when breaking with a G25.

7. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

Yeah, good point - netkar was good with the same hardware.

Rob Manser and Hervé like this.
  8. you can make a profile in the logitech profiler and adjust the brake sensitivity and dead zone, maybe for now, until they give us an option for brake pressure like in nkpro, that would help. you can start with a 25% dead zone on the brake pedal and test

9. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Gamer

10. The brake became this sensitive for me after 0.2 release, now it locks way too easily.

11. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

Thanks for the ideas. However, deadzone definitely won't be a solution or work-around - Brake modulation deeper in the pedal we need, but we still need our brush-braking ability for the light, weight-shifting moments and fast slight corners and changes of direction, as well as of course trail braking (i.e. needing the outer end of the pedal).

I haven't looked at brake sensitivity in logitech profiler before. Will check that out. Never used the profiler much before (never found there was any benefit) - But I have found the settings for the axis and sensitivity etc - this could indeed be useful! Will mess with it later...

Still, it would be nice to have one less thing to have to mess with, and for it to be consistently appropriate as our main "other" sims already are :)

12. They may have to put an fix in for the travel( hall, potentiometer, etc.) brakes, such as what Ya'll are using, but the loadcell brakes are working fine.

Let's hope that if a fix comes out, that isn't an general fix that messes us up. I have seen some game patches for controller users that just made us wheel users have to quit them.

13. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

Absolutely. It can't be an improved implementation for common hardware at the detriment of others. Agreed.

We're still in "early access"...

Just tried the "brake axis sensitivity" in logitech profiler - by default it's on 50% (in the middle).

I set it at 0%: There's still plenty of power, but it improves the situation quite a lot! Thus far it's only been cold tyre planting the brakes on testing with the 458 italia, but it's promising that this will improve the non-ABS driving experience as AC presently is (v0.2).

I'm going to leave it on 0% sensitivity and do some more proper/normal driving and see how it goes...

(ps: I tried iRacing today for the first time in a few years - the MX-5 brake feel was really nice, felt realistic, and was fun)

Thanks Leonardo :)

14. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I have dramatic problems with it. I have brakes gamma at 4.50, but brakes starts to lock up somewhere at 60% of my brake pedal.
    And sadly pedals in Logitech DFP/DFGT are very soft.
    In nKp I always lowered brakes pressure because there also was similar problem.

I think it would be nice to have adjustable saturation of brakes that could lower the graph in accordance to the center (x,y=0,0) axis of the of the brakes so that the curve would be lower than it is now and the brakes intensivity would be lower. brakes gamma changes only the shape of the curve but the curve is still in the same set of values therefore it isn't very useful if someone have problems with too much pressure on the brakes.

15. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

I've noticed this aswell thought it was me just not getting used to the brakes, turn abs off and touch brakes and wheels lock up

16. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

Using the logitech profiler sensitivity in addition to the gamma in AC settings is kind of like putting 2 graphs together, but you can't really see the result, and it still doesn't entirely seem to let you get something that feels right. But it seems to have helped in my short experimentation so far.

It may well also be that the tyre physics come into play more when ABS is off.

If I end up sim-ing more again, perhaps I will treat myself to a load cell brake and all will be better than I've ever known it.

17. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

+1 on the brake pressure adjustments.
    I'm barely tipping the brake pedal in p4/5 car, I can't feel the pedal I have to touch it so lightly or I'll be thrown off course. Brake should feel meaty in a car. Reducing the output would help.
    I tried the brake gamma at 1 and the abs cars stop sooner than default 2.40, but non abs car instant lockup. At 2.40 default, trail braking is difficult to do consistently in non abs cars, should be intuitive.

18. toffytofik

toffytofik Gamer

G27 here, i confirm the issue. The fact that logitech G-wheels use potentiometer brake pedal combined with the limited effective brake pedal travel ingame because of what seems to be rather high brake pressure (basicly, turning it into the low resolution brake pedal wich is hard to accurately modulate and feel) makes braking with no ABS kind of like operating with the on&off switch.

P.S: Did anyone actually tried recalibrating the wheel through the wizard after the update? (unable to try myself for now)

19. TudorMiron

TudorMiron Rookie

Same thing - brakes way to sensitive and hard to modulate (G27)

20. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

AC's wheel configuration wizard since v0.2... I should think it will have no effect, but an interesting thing to try... So I just did.
    (I put the logitech profiler brake sensitivity back to default 50% first).

Running the AC calibration wizard made no difference that I could perceive to ameliorate the non ABS brake force / lockup issue.

21. endgame

endgame Racer

100% Agree

I prefer to turn off ABS, makes the brakes feel sharper and more aggressive but some cars lock up with the slightest touch of brake. Some cars seem to lock up at quite high speed too, I cant imagine road car brakes being powerful enough with so much energy still passing through the wheels.