1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Brakes: (With ABS off) Too strong. Suggest Brake Pressure/Sensitivity Setting?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by edgec0m, Nov 24, 2013.

1. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

Yeah, you've got that right - at high speeds you can indeed put a huge amount of braking force through the tyres when you're braking in a straight line...

I'm starting to think that perhaps the tyre model and physics has more to do with this issue than just brake pedal linearity/curve and brake force. and with ABS on, it sort of masks it somewhat.

2. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

I can confirm this, too. Mainly, I have a problem with the Tatuus. You should think that a car with so much aero grip would have the best braking of them all, but I barely touch them and it locks up.

I thought it could perhaps be brake balance. So I move it a bit backwards. Nope, then the rears lock up and I spin. This points to the fact that the braking is a bit strong.

I use a G27, by the way.

On a side note, I seem to be unable to change the brake balance while driving. I press the buttons I have assigned for it, but there is no difference in feel, and also no indication on the screen, which makes it difficult to test the braking, as you have to start all over again, just to adjust the brake balance.

Maybe you guys can look into it.

3. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

I've just learnt that apparently in this forum, using the "vote" stars at the top of a thread/post page is the best way to make an issue/forum/info come to the attention of the developers. Click it! :)

As for the brake balance adjustment via buttons in game... If this is the case (I haven't tested), it's a very valid issue/bug - but they won't find it to fix it here! It'd be worth doing a search to see if someone's already logged the issue, and if not, create a new, small, simple thread/post in the right place for the developers to consider and address.

I think we have a good community here! and the better we can make it work, the better off we'll all be :)

Happy driving...

Dewald Nel likes this.
  4. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

I agree with what you are saying - we know the devs' hearts are in the right place, so I'm not knocking it at all - in fact, this game has the fewest and smallest bugs I've ever seen on a beta, and is far ahead of its competitors at the moment. I don't think I'll stop playing this game before I'm 90 years old, and my teeth start falling out from the force feedback :p

I'm sure they appreciate the feedback. And vote has been done ;)

5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

G25 user here and I'm looking at some brake pedal mods but they ain't cheap. In the mean time I'm going to try a cut of rubber inserted into the spring and see if that works for now.
    I have the Gamma set to 5 atm but that is not ideal I know.

6. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

I made my own "Nixim" mod just as you are suggesting, and it really is a pretty great progressive pressure feel. I used a fairly firm foamy rubber material. A big improvement. But certainly requires the pedals be firmly bolted, and your chair/seat to not push back easily.

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Well I made my mod last night. Cost - £0.00
    Cut a bit of rubber off an old conveyor belt from work, and put it into the spring. Had to recalibrate the pedal using DXTweak (took me a while to figure it out :rolleyes:) but I still need to play around with in-game gamma to fine tune it though.
    Tried 5 laps in the 2-eleven round Silverstone and took 0.8 seconds off my personal best :) with all assists off inc Ctrl+A ofc.
    I can brake much deeper into the corners, especially turn 3 and it's much easier to trail brake too.
    It did take a bit of getting used to it but well worth the money :D

8. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

A worthwhile "investment" :)

9. X-File

X-File Gamer

Just received the nixim mod today, but i am so happy with the mod i've made a couple of weeks ago ( http://www.race2play.com/homepage/show_posts/16841 ) that i think it won't make much of a difference...too lazy to install it today :/
    Havaianas style! :D

The only difference is that my havaianas were black :D

edgec0m likes this.
  10. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I have the same issue with a G25. It spoils the driving experience except for cars like the Zonda and BMW GT2 (I suppose the reason is their ABS stays on even in Pro settings).

I understand better pedals would solve it, but there should be some workaround without replacing pedals or fiddling with them.

11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

The BMW GT2 doesn't have ABS in pro mode, it's a race car.
    My mod has been worth the effort though, honestly. Much better feel just with a little bit of rubber. I'm sure if you tried it you wouldn't be disappointed.

12. Nao

Nao Alien

I have tinkered with logitech settings a little and I think you are using sensitivity the wrong way. 0% sensititity means we get most precision in the center of the axis and very small travel for the edges. (I think that's because logitech software started out on joysticks and they never gave thought to naming the wheel settings otherwise).
    100% setting give us big travel for small change in braking force around the edges of the axis, just where we want it to.

I've had pretty good inporvement in controlling braking force with G27 brake sensitivity set to 100% in profiler, and 1,5-2,4 brake gamma in AC. It's still to easy locking the brakes thou.

Hope this helps!

13. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

Just tried the brake axis logitech profiler setting to 100% as you suggest here. I left the other in game Assetto Corsa settings the same (brake gamma on 1.6 at the moment), and I must say for me, this made the no ABS brake Locking up situation much worse.

I'm back to 0%. But mostly, I'm a bit over it for now, and have just been leaving ABS on, and then all is pretty great! :)

(I found that different cars had different severity of the no ABS lock-up feeling.)

14. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

The sensitiviity adjustment in the profiler I found does not help. It makes it less sensitive at the start of travel, but then the rest of the travel becomes too sensitive, exponentially. 50% is linear. It's preferable to use gamma in the sim I find. Setting it to 100% in profiler is not a good idea at all, that makes it non-linear with extreme sensitivity in first part of travel....not a good thing. I couldn't drive like that.

15. Nao

Nao Alien

Tried the 0% yesterday and it was worse for me but so i guess we were having problems at different pressure.
    Today i did myself a favor and installed a very simple rubber "mod" on the brake pedal (lowering the brake force early). That gave more progressive braking feel and now its much easier to brake now even with 50% sens. and 1 gamma. So i guess better hardware and some training is the best option here.

Actually that was what i wanted to point out, 100% sens gives us very *low* sensitivity when the pedal is barely pressed or almost fully pressed, while giving hard to control high sensitivity in the middle of the travel.
    This would mean that we got more control over car with hot tires on a rubbered track where the locking occurs only after slamming the brake fully, and poor brake control in the rain with cold tires.

All in all, i agree that the 50% is preferable in most cases.

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  16. SimMan

SimMan Racer

Not just me then

Agreed

17. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Eh? for me 100% in profiler makes the pedal ridiculously sensitive especially at beginning of travel! What you are saying is the opposite. I must go and experiment again I guess.