1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Braking in Ac

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Big Engine, Feb 4, 2014.

1. SirJack

SirJack Racer

to be honest I don't what to answer...it might be helpful getting a brake-pressure adjustment via the setup. But this is AC and not rf, NKPro, iRacing, or whatever. I suggest that you guys learn to deal with the pros and cons of AC and trying to get the most of the fun out of AC. If you can get to the point realizing AC as a self-contained sim and stop comparing AC with other sims you have driven before I bet you can deal much easier with the cons and enjoy AC much more :)!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Well i think its fair to say that a break pressure setting in ac would be something maybe people need with varying types of pedals setup varying ways?

I might be in the same boat with the csr pedals in a few days if theres anything funky in that area going on.

3. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

You realize what you have written there ? :eek:
    Even its AC, this setting (brake pressure) is a Must adjustment via the setup.

For my part i can brake with 50% and it will lock, thats silly.
    Ok i am using xbox gamepad, but in every other sim (GTR2, rF) i could brake with 95% without locking. So that need to be fixed.

4. SirJack

SirJack Racer

We have the brake-gamma and the range for all axis to play with...isn't that enough to play with to find the right settings?
    And if you need a per car-settings, save the settings you are happy with and name it that you can load it easily for every car you drive;)
    e.g. xbox 458s3

5. wheeler

wheeler Rookie

Agree - It might be a "gaming thing", but it makes it possible to adjust the car to suit the local hardware

6. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I have to disappoint you, but gamepad users dont have brake gamma or range settings at all.
    Some Cars are unplayable without ABS, because they lock up even if you brake only with 50%..
    In GTR2 for example i could play easily without ABS and was damn fast in MP Nordschleife Events :p
    Looked in the game and in the cfg and saw that wheel user can adjust their brake gamma, i am fine with this :p

7. SirJack

SirJack Racer

Hmm ok, then your wish is understandable!

8. Gusztav

Gusztav Gamer

Bumpity bump! ;)

Running G25, most of the street cars (ABS off) are horrible under braking. My brake gamma is almost maxed out (4.00) and I'm getting lockups after 2cm of pedal travel. Can't build any real confidence on brakes when the travel I play with is literally 2cm between nothing and skidding into the gravel trap.
    I'm not even using my foot for braking any more, but rather my damn toe and that sucks. And yes warming up the tires helps a bit, still a far cry from how cars and their brakes work. Yes, I own a real car and have driven some of the in-game cars in real life.

Now, if introducing this fairly common adjustment, regardless of the culprit (lack of load cell brakes, game physics or all together, hell even me sucking as a sim driver), is not too much of a big deal, then please consider it. All the peeps who like it the way it is, can continue to like it and not use it and all us miserable sods who don't, will say a big Thank You! to the dev team, use the setting and enjoy our experience. Happy simmers all around, innit?
    /rant

Shaddix likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Not wanting to patronize anyone but I was having severe lockup issue till I checked my tyre temps and found the stone cold.

In AC tyre warming seems very important, the difference between warm and cold tyre performance is night and day. If you're having trouble hotlapping the maybe raise the air temp a bit, default is 19c brrrr.

The GTEYE mode for the G25/27 is excellent and well worth the cost.

10. dbell76

dbell76 Racer

I use csp pedals v2,brakegamma 2,40
    Loadcell depends on car,for gt cars it's on 5-6
    It works quite good like this.....and yes,with good temperatured tyres braking is more efficient....
    My 2 cents

11. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Just for info the suggested setting for a load cell is brake gamma on 1

Backmarker and dbell76 like this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Setting 1:1 is instant lockups here, even with the GTEYE spring. I actually have the brake gamma all the way to the right, although I'm going to try it back at half way with the new spring.

Even with gamma all the way to the right it's still quite sensitive.

13. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

G27 user with GTeye.

The gteye is the best way to get more travel out of your pedal IMO. I race with brake gamma at 1.12.

I don't feel the need for a brake pressure setting with this setup. Ive found I have to focus on how quickly I get to max braking as some cars are quite particular about this (huayra, f40).

My 2 cents. Can't wait for my csp v2's!

14. goldtop

goldtop Racer

Don't see why we should have to upgrade our pedals just so that we can brake effectively in AC. We need a brake gain adjustment, preferably as part of the in game setup options for each car (along with a gain setting for ffb)! For now the only way I can avoid locking brakes with my DFGT is to set a 30% deadzone in the controller settings which is ridiculous.

15. *cough*ABS*cough* :p

16. dr.solveberg

dr.solveberg Racer

@Gusztav
    I agree.
    You can reduce the sensitivity of the brake pedal in the logitech profiler. I have set it at 30% for example, it's far from ideal but a slight improvement nonetheless.

17. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

good to see pedal user have the same lockup problem like joypad user ^^

18. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Im always locking my brakes.. The brakes are so sensitive on some of the cars that I have to be so careful to press the brake pedal down just barely. It would help if the spring in the G27 brakes wasn't so squishy.

Shaddix likes this.
  19. dr.solveberg

dr.solveberg Racer

On a related note, the accelerator also seems quite touchy to me; but that has more to do with the G27 pedals.

20. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

Sorry I should have stated that prior to the GTeye I used stock g27 pedals with 2.22 brake gamma. With 5 percent dead zone. Worked fine for me, I just wanted a stiffer pedal.

edit: Some setting more related to break pressure or force would be nice, as the gamma never really seemed helpful.