1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Broadcasting & Company

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Dec 11, 2018.

1. genious

2. GrimGreener

GrimGreener Rookie

Hi all, I've just signed up on forums after purchasing ACC. FYI I was running a VRcade until June last year - I'm taking a break as I want to focus on building a sim racing centre as my next venture. VR is still changing too rapidly for my liking - but SIM hardware is expensive and doesn't change that much, so hopefully I might get 3 years out of some initial investments before needing upgrades.

So the reason I'm in this thread - for a SIM Racing centre one of my requirements is to be able to take large groups - much like you do when going go karting, and to be able to show the virtual race on a Projector screen while part of the group is waiting - broadcast style. (We may even stream if the quality is good enough).

So I've checked in to ask how people are fining the broadcaster offering? How much glueing bits together needs to be done and how does it compare to AC with it's workarounds and 3rd party support?

FYI my day job is a freelancer doing system integration testing of large business systems, so getting my hands dirty is normal. My toughest gig yet was working at CISCO and being given an empty Redhat VM to build the back end of Sky+ Video on demand system so I could QA the install guides. Took me 3 months!

One of the things I got working at my VR centre was doing mixed reality green screen filming - and am keen to see if this is possible to do in "customer" sim racing. Probably not, it's tends to take a loft of messing about, but if it works it looks awesome. I'll at least be doing some promo videos using this. So I'm used to using OBS with NDS plugin to stream video over the network. My apprentice at the time was doing his Cisco certifications so filled in the area of my knowledge I'm a bit lacking on as OS (win and linux) and Apps is more my bag.

Anyway - I'll stop waffling now! How are you getting on?

Son likes this.
  3. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Has anyone that was developing a broadcasting app modified it to work on 0.6.x yet?

4. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Nope because the UDP protocol is disabled until @Minolin decide that the multiplayer is ok.
    Personally i will rewrite my ACCDirector app, i'm investigating new solutions about "things" that i don't want to reveal until i will figure out how to implement these "things" :p

doamf, Brado23 and steevee like this.
  5. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Did the broadcasting functionality get added back in to the game on 0.7.0? Didn't see anything about it in the release notes.

sps_for_race likes this.
  6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

sorry no, we had to decide between all the realism stuff + getting hands on the MP situation, or doing broadcasting and such.
    But I can assure this is now basically priority #1 (after we are sure 0.7 is fine), as we obviously plan to broadcast action from the Monza weekend, so there is no way 1.0 does not have the broadcasting stuff back.

7. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

No problem at all. Thanks for the info Minolin

sps_for_race likes this.
  8. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Simple question... is the option to switch to the next car is added or not yet? Couldnt find it... Tried all the buttons and didnt work for me

Thank you

9. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

Shift + arrow left
    Shift + arrow right
    Shift + arrow up = return to your car

Wutzmann likes this.
  10. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

I'm sorry if that has ever been asked, but I have not found anything.
    What does it mean when multiplayer next to the name of the driver Pro, AM or Pro-AM?
    Does that reflect his rating or is this the official description of the car as in the race series?

11. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

12. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

completely overlooked.
    Thank you

13. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

14. Couple of questions about broadcasting.

Is it currently working? - If so, I'm having issues with it not connecting.

In V1.o will running broadcast require you to take up a spot. So say only 23/24 drivers can race?

Will the game support more than 24 drivers on release?

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Not working at the moment, it will be re enabled on 1.0

from devblog that just got posted you will have drivers in cars spectators slots (witch will take up server usage) and you also already now have (but not working yet) brodcasting slots up to 4.

So we will have to wait and see how much people can push their servers to pull all this out

16. Thanks for the heads up.

My Server is fine for running four clients with 96 drivers connected.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  17. Joshuax

Joshuax Racer

@Minolin Is it possible to change refresh of positions, maybe just for spectators (sfor streaming purposes), to faster ? It stupid, when you miss overtake just because its not noticable earlier, then after whole sector.
    In AC there was possibility to use realtime positions and distances between cars ;)

18. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

The best option for me would be switch the cars not thru the next car, but to whatever position I need.

19. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Just click on the name or number of the driver.

20. Joshuax

Joshuax Racer

Im using ACCDirector app, but possibilities of that app are limited to this api, so...