1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Button Mapping is in the works

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by stefanoCasillo, May 2, 2017.

1. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It's possible he is talking about PSVR and using it in cinematic mode and needing to reset it to the center.

2. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

In cinema mode i dont see why he needs to center it :) but maybe you are right!

3. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I believe the reason is because it still has head tracking so you can look around at the screen as you can have 3 different sized screens. The biggest needing you to move your head to see all corners.

PRO Stream BG, Reinart86 and paul_wev like this.
  4. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I play with psvr in cinema mode, and it is a pain in the *** having to recenter all the time. Some days worse than others. I need to get the lighting right, the distance right, the calibration of the HMD right. The camera isn't up to the job for me. Sometimes I get it all right, and it's great, obviously not 3D or anything

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, PS4 pro, ps vr, gt omega

5. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Super pleased to hear this !!!!
    With the custom lobbies in the pipeline, the possibility of being able to map our own buttons has me frothing at the mouth. Can I be cheeky and ask whether keyboard / button box support is also being considered ?
    Thanks once again everyone at KS / 505, this is gonna be a good year for us console simmers :):):)

Carlos_Fandango likes this.
  6. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

Known as "Drift" on the PSVR. Assetto is pretty impressive using the headset in cinematic mode, but for some the image drifts to the left. This is simply sorted by re-centering the image by pressing select. Unfortunately this also pauses the SIM. Not ideal when racing. Another popular driving SIM allows you to remap the pause button so you can re-center whilst on a long straight.
    Not an Assetto issue, more a PSVR issue but being able to remap the pause button would go some way into making this less of an issue.

paul_wev likes this.
  7. hardvibes

hardvibes Rookie

I don't understand. Is this just about button mapping or also about pedals pressure calibration?

PRO Stream BG and paul_wev like this.
  8. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

hopefully both but who knows.

PRO Stream BG and paul_wev like this.
  9. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I would also like pedal pressure calibration too?

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, PS4 pro, ps vr, gt omega

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It is coming in this update. You can adjust it between 80% - 100 %. Source- Stefano in in one of the other threads.

PRO Stream BG, paul_wev and hardvibes like this.
  11. sentinelz

sentinelz Gamer

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

Enviado desde mi SM-T715 mediante Tapatalk

gabriel2706 likes this.
  12. spoghead

spoghead Rookie

But will you actually be able to properly calibrate your pedals? My throttle only applies ca. 60% in Assetto (works fine everywhere else!) so it's basically useless until they implement proper pedal calibration. I've got the Ricmotech load cell brake mod also, and unless I can recalibrate that I have to push myself pretty much out of the seat to apply full brake pressure!

13. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Same problem with my clutch, only get around 80% causes real issues with the H shifter so I had to stop using it.

Works fine in every other driving game as well.

14. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Well done, good decision. You are improving AC more an more (see R2R pack and custom Championship and lobby). AD is Young step by step to become the benchmark not only for the car physics but now also for the contents. At least for the people that lose out the marketing...

15. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Sorry mobile automatic correction make my sentence above wrong

16. Raikku

Raikku Racer

One thing which I would like see in XOne's AC is more options to adjust ffb. On Xbox's side, due different(=strange) approach to ffb, we Fanatec-users doesn't have some important options in our wheel-menu, like force/spring/damper. And because Xbox's games usually have ffb problems in those areas, it would be greatly benefical to be able to adjust those in game's own menus.

jc1186 and Donnced2 like this.
  17. on the XB1 there is no spring nor damper, so they are not needed.

SlimCharles and Donnced2 like this.
  18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Nice to now.

Works the FFB systems quite different on consoles (PS4 & Xbox) compared with PC?

19. the underlying API is very different, the data sent is the same.
    AC's FF only relies on forces generated in the physic engine, damper is just used to simulate resistance at zero speed and no other "effect" is used so the code remains very simple even with different platforms.
    My favorite API is the XB1... I really hope to see that on the PC one day.

bradleyland, SlimCharles and Donnced2 like this.
  20. Raikku

Raikku Racer

What I meant is possibility to fine tune ffb, like in pCars(although even with settings its worse than AC's ffb), Dirt Rally or FHorizon 2's ffb settings nowadays. Of course its never possible to tune ffb in .cfg's/mods etc like you can in pc's side.

jc1186 likes this.